IGNORED

Jimmy Walker.

owens251109
Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First of all i just want to say, WOW! that guy is on fire. but after all these years of being on tour he breaks threw, and breaks threw in a big way! Do you think it has anything to do with him switching to Butch Harmon. or maybe just his time. what you guys think.

Driver: R11s - 3wood: RBZ - MIzuno 2 iron - rons: taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw - 63 degree: nike VR Forged - 52 Degree: nike VR Forged - 60 degree: callaway - Putter: odyssey white ice 2 ball I'm going to qualify for the U.S. Open and kick your boyfriend's ass. Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, and dogs. Roy McAvoy.

Players who do well on the West coast tend to do terrible the rest of the year. I don't think Walker will win another tournament this year. Let's see if he can prove me wrong.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Players who do well on the West coast tend to do terrible the rest of the year. I don't think Walker will win another tournament this year. Let's see if he can prove me wrong.

Is there a statistical basis for that?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yes. History.

You gonna give even one example?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think a lot of it is confidence after his first win. I'm sure Butch has helped him along the way though!

I agree... Confidence and winning in anything can (and normally does) achieve great outcomes.... His game from tee to green is solid and has been imho <+>< Ps 46: 1 ><+>

Kyle Stanley, Spencer Levin, Russell Henley (Hawaii), John Merrick.

Cough coincidence cough!!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

What's a coincidence?

The fact that those who won on the west haven't played well on the east... What about those who have? Tiger? Phil? Vijay?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

The fact that those who won on the west haven't played well on the east... What about those who have? Tiger? Phil? Vijay?

I'm not saying everyone. There are certain players who get hot at the beginning of the season but lose their game once the Florida swing comes. As I said before, let's see Jimmy Walker prove me wrong. I'd be happy if he did.

• Administrator

I'm not saying everyone. There are certain players who get hot at the beginning of the season but lose their game once the Florida swing comes. As I said before, let's see Jimmy Walker prove me wrong. I'd be happy if he did.

You're also talking about players who have very few PGA Tour career wins. So there are good odds they'll "get hot" and then lose it because, again, they have very few PGA Tour victories between them.

Look at players with few wins and they'll be scattered about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm sure Butch has a hand in it, but I'll say confidence after the Frys.com win had a bigger impact. I wasn't pleased with how he closed out at pebble though, that was unlike a champion...maybe it's because he's not a seasoned champion yet.

I wish him the best of luck going forward.

P.S. He still isn't getting hyped as much as English, or Speith

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Jimmy's had the scores to win for the last couple years - he's been 36th, 57th, 42nd in scoring average the past 3 seasons - he just hasn't despite 15 top tens and that crazy made cut streak he had in '12-'13. Was crazy underrated last year, for example. Never put it together for a full week though. Main thing he's doing this season is hitting his putts; he's at 1.20 strokes gained putting this year after being ~0.30 the previous three seasons. Almost a stroke/round is an enormous difference in terms of scoring - the difference between Tiger and an average Tour pro is like 2.5 strokes the last couple years.

Real question is whether he can keep it up. No one has ever sustained that kind of putting season, or even anywhere close without being a stud putter beforehand. Guessing Walker falls off.

When you hit the ball as long and pretty accurate like Walker your eventually going to be in position to make things happen, I think that once he got that first win under his belt at the Frys it gave him more confidence in his game.  I think Butch has a minimal part in this, he might have strengthened some parts of his game, but more so just gave him confidence that he's good enough to win big tournaments.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

I think the lack of tangible rough at Waialae and Pebble Beach has played in Jimmy's hands this season.  He can't hit fairways in any great regularity, but his GIR numbers have been excellent of late and he's always been an excellent putter.  Fair play to him, as over here in the UK, Walker was always being accused of having 'no bottle.' He's had a rich vein of form which can't last forever, but a Ryder Cup berth is already pretty much assured.  Will be interesting to see if he can play Match Play, otherwise he could be a weak link in the US team at Gleneagles.

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!