IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

Hmmmmm… The committee rules that none of Jeff's scores count. Sorry. Tristan slipped me a fiver.

I won't say what his scores were on the first three holes, let's just say it was a slow start ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious

Kudos to team @mvmac , but the ending of the streak was no fault of @tristanhilton85 . Dude shot an 81 and didn't miss a single fairway that I can remember. Hard to see how you're not in the single digits with a game like that.

If I had played even poorly (let alone decently) we would have won going away. As I said on the 17th tee, there are no words for how I played today. Guess I gotta blame it on the baby!

Good seeing you all today - look forward to doing it again soon.

• Upvote 1

That was fantastic. I can't wait for the next one. I think we said Indio in August, right? ;-) Thanks again to Tristan for organizing it!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Was fun today! Couldn't have asked for better weather (85, not much wind) and could have played a little better, but overall played ok. Only had 2 bogies today ... But somehow squeezed out 5 doubles. Wha?!?!?! Throw in one birdie and it's an 83. Can't wait for the next one! (San Diego, not Indio. Right???) ;)

It was great being out there again with everybody. Too bad more couldn't make this one.

I think San Diego is the choice for the next one. Weather should be good. Mike mentioned Encinitas Ranch as a possibility. If anybody else has any suggestions let us know.

Also, for those that can deal with the heat, we were thinking about trying to put together something at one of the really nice course out in my direction. Not sure exactly where yet, but when the temps get up to 110 the prices can be pretty low. @Bechambo thinks that he might be able to pull something off, so once I got more info on this, I'll let you guys know.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

My thanks to all.

Sorry I drug the team down to the cellar where I was--think I played to about a 30 handicap--knew it was going to be a bad day when I missed the 60-to-91 cutoff and was close to being late.

My pleasure meeting you all and, hopefully, will get another chance this fall.

Jeff

An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein

Net double eagle bitches!

Not me, Jeff, the ringer @Golfingdad brought.

Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious

Called it!  The ringer even played the part by hacking it around for the first few holes, just to throw everybody off.

My thanks to all.

Sorry I drug the team down to the cellar where I was--think I played to about a 30 handicap

That's golf!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Alright, @tristanhilton85 or @mvmac , one of you needs to start the new TST SoCal Summer 2014 Outing Thread so we can get the new ball rolling. Lets narrow it down to 2 or 3 courses in the San Diego area and post that poll. One that was already mentioned was Encinitas Ranch Golf Course. I would like to nominate Coronado Golf Course as a possibility; haven't played it myself, but it looks nice enough and I like the location.

• Administrator

Two or three pictures? That's it? C'mon guys! Where are the pictures of the winning team? MVP prize? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Alright, @tristanhilton85 or @mvmac, one of you needs to start the new TST SoCal Summer 2014 Outing Thread so we can get the new ball rolling. Lets narrow it down to 2 or 3 courses in the San Diego area and post that poll. One that was already mentioned was Encinitas Ranch Golf Course. I would like to nominate Coronado Golf Course as a possibility; haven't played it myself, but it looks nice enough and I like the location.

I'll take care of making the thread (even though you could have done it yourself). I'm not sure Coronado would be an option.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks to everyone for coming out, it was  a great day. And yes nice round Tristan, Black Gold isn't an easy course off the tee.

Drew was MVP in our group with a net 75

Few more pics I took today

Jeff's shot that won the closest to the hole on #10

@Shindig

@Golfingdad

Mike McLoughlin

Two or three pictures? That's it? C'mon guys! Where are the pictures of the winning team? MVP prize? :)

Yeah, I gotta get better about taking pictures at these things. Next time...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

WOW sorry we missed it, Lihu cant miss the next one.

We only got to play Diamond Bar.... :cry:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

WOW sorry we missed it, Lihu cant miss the next one.

We only got to play Diamond Bar....

Yes sir, we are committed to it.

How was Diamond Bar?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yes sir, we are committed to it.

How was Diamond Bar?

:offtopic: DB was fun a track I would play it again, cost was only $42 for Justin and myself with a cart at 3:00, we got all 18 in.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Had blast playing yesterday. @Bechambo can blame me for his streak ending, I'm no expert but a net 85 I don't think is a good score.  I'm all in for a 120 degree desert round in the summer, you California boys don't know real heat.

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!