IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

Just talked with them... Were set for Sunday, May 4th, with the first group out at 10 am. Cost is $75/player and includes cart and range balls.

@rpan , here are the details. This is a pretty good deal for a weekend morning at Black Gold. We generally play a Stableford scoring system where we use 3 out of 4 scores on each hole. There has been some discussion about mixing up the format in the past, but I don't think we have been able to settle on anything that has worked better than this.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, if we need another player to help fill out a 4th group, I can probably bring a buddy of mine. He is not a member of TST, so I hadn't suggested it yet, but if we turn out to be a player short, he might be able to fill in the gap. He has an official handicap and all that jazz.....

Alright guys, were getting closer to the date, and Black Gold requires a signed contract and a pretty solid head count, so I'd like to get that going. I have the following people in for sure. If I list you here and you're not planning on coming or it's just a maybe, let me know ASAP; it'll be easier to add on versus take off. If I don't list you, and you plan on coming, also let me know.

10. @bmartin461

@tristanhilton85 - I will not be able to make it this time, too many things have now been scheduled on that day and I can't get away.  Family first as they say.

I appreciate the coordination efforts!

Have a good time.

@hacker101 and @bmartin461 thanks for letting me know...

Here is the new list so far...

*1. @tristanhilton85

*2. @mvmac

*3. @Golfingdad

*4. @Bechambo

5. @Beachcomber

*6. @jefkve

7. @Big C

*8. @Shindig

*9. @swampertwo

*10. @rpan

*11. @Pakoh

We are currently confirmed for 16 players so we kind of need to get it there. @Big C , if you got a plus 1, that'd be great. @Beachcomber , is @GolfSwine going to be able to make it and does the other Mike want to join us?

Also, @Lihu , are you going to be able to make this one? I know that you said probably not, but I don't remember seeing you confirm for sure one way or another.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

@hacker101 and @bmartin461 thanks for letting me know... Here is the new list so far... [COLOR=181818]*1. @tristanhilton85 [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*2. @mvmac [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*3. @Golfingdad [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*4. @Bechambo [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]5. @Beachcomber [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*6. @jefkve [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]7. @Big C [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*8. @Shindig [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*9. @swampertwo [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*10. @rpan [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]*11. @Pakoh [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]We are currently confirmed for 16 players so we kind of need to get it there. @Big C , if you got a plus 1, that'd be great. @Beachcomber , is @GolfSwine going to be able to make it and does the other Mike want to join us? [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Also, @Lihu , are you going to be able to make this one? I know that you said probably not, but I don't remember seeing you confirm for sure one way or another.[/COLOR]

My schedule changed for the better, but unfortunately, now @hacker101 and Justin might not make it. I'll call hacker. Give me another couple days. I'll let you guys know before the end of the weekend.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My schedule changed for the better, but unfortunately, now @hacker101 and Justin might not make it. I'll call hacker. Give me another couple days. I'll let you guys know before the end of the weekend.

Yeah, if you and @hacker101 can make it, that'd be great... we're confirmed for 16 with the course.

Are you going to be coming either way?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

@hacker101 and @bmartin461 thanks for letting me know...

*1. @tristanhilton85

*2. @mvmac

*3. @Golfingdad

*4. @Bechambo

5. @Beachcomber

*6. @jefkve

7. @Big C

*8. @Shindig

*9. @swampertwo

*10. @rpan

*11. @Pakoh

We are currently confirmed for 16 players so we kind of need to get it there. @Big C, if you got a plus 1, that'd be great. @Beachcomber, is @GolfSwine going to be able to make it and does the other Mike want to join us?

Also, @Lihu, are you going to be able to make this one? I know that you said probably not, but I don't remember seeing you confirm for sure one way or another.

Tristan, neither Beach nor Swine is coming.  And it sounds like @Lihu and son are now in, so I think that the updated list looks something like:

*1. @tristanhilton85

*2. @mvmac

*3. @Golfingdad

*4. @Bechambo

5. @Lihu

6.  Kaili

*7. @jefkve

8. @Big C

*9. @Shindig

*10. @swampertwo

*11. @rpan

*12. @Pakoh

@KyleAnthony , what about you????  It's going to be a lot of fun.

Tristan, neither Beach nor Swine is coming.  And it sounds like @Lihu and son are now in, so I think that the updated list looks something like:

*1. @tristanhilton85

*2. @mvmac

*3. @Golfingdad

*4. @Bechambo

5. @Lihu

6.  Kaili

*7. @jefkve

8. @Big C

*9. @Shindig

*10. @swampertwo

*11. @rpan

*12. @Pakoh

@KyleAnthony , what about you????  It's going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks for finding that out for me Drew...

@Big C got back to me and his uncle will be joining us, so here's the current list:

1. @tristanhilton85

2. @mvmac

3. @Golfingdad

4. @Bechambo

5. @Lihu

6. Kaili

7. @jefkve

8. @Big C

9. Big C's uncle

10. @Shindig

11. @swampertwo

12. @rpan

13. @Pakoh

If @hacker101 and his son can join us that'd put us at 15 and @KyleAnthony would make 16, so hopefully they can make it. If anybody else sees this thread and would like to join, please let me know.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

@KyleAnthony - I can't make you do anything, obviously :D, but if I could I would make you attend.

You'll be in a good group with Mike and probably then Tristan and Barney.

Just provide an accurate handicap. Or don't, since Mike's team keeps winning… :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@KyleAnthony - I can't make you do anything, obviously :D, but if I could I would make you attend.

You'll be in a good group with Mike and probably then Tristan and Barney.

Just provide an accurate handicap. Or don't, since Mike's team keeps winning… :D

Tristan is the guy to be with, his groups have won three times in a row. Only reason I've won is because I got to ride his coattails ;-)

Not sure what we'll do with the groups yet.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Guys, my daughter just got invited to a Finzi audition for harp. Looks like my son and I will be Harp sherpas, we got volunteered to carry a 90# concert harp. Thanks for all the support, maybe next time? In any case I don't want to break any rules. Without following them, golf would not be golf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Thanks for finding that out for me Drew...

@Big C got back to me and his uncle will be joining us, so here's the current list:

1. @tristanhilton85

2. @mvmac

3. @Golfingdad

4. @Bechambo

5. @Lihu

6. Kaili

7. @jefkve

8. @Big C

9. Big C's uncle

10. @Shindig

11. @swampertwo

12. @rpan

13. @Pakoh

If @hacker101 and his son can join us that'd put us at 15 and @KyleAnthony would make 16, so hopefully they can make it. If anybody else sees this thread and would like to join, please let me know.

Okay guys put Justin and myself in, it will be a push to get his project done Sat but I am sure we will make it happen....

Lihu if we are a bit warn out I will say sorry now, also it seems we sand bagged our self last time with our HCP lets discuss before we give it up. :bugout:

If for some reason we need 1 more to make up a group I am sure my father in law would like to join?

Thanks guys!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Guys, my daughter just got invited to a Finzi audition for harp. Looks like my son and I will be Harp sherpas, we got volunteered to carry a 90# concert harp.

Thanks for all the support, maybe next time? In any case I don't want to break any rules. Without following them, golf would not be golf.

Okay then we are out to, correct on following the rules and since you are our team mates we will make up up next time.

Wow what a cluster sorry T and Mv.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Guys, my daughter just got invited to a Finzi audition for harp. Looks like my son and I will be Harp sherpas, we got volunteered to carry a 90# concert harp.

Thanks for all the support, maybe next time? In any case I don't want to break any rules. Without following them, golf would not be golf.

Thanks for letting me know.

Current list is as follows:

1. @tristanhilton85

2. @mvmac

3. @Golfingdad

4. @Bechambo

5. @jefkve

6. @Big C

7. Big C's uncle

8. @Shindig

9. @swampertwo

10. @rpan

11. @Pakoh

Since everybody seems to be bailing, I've called the course and requested they reduce our size down to three groups, so basically we have room for one more player and that's it. 12 is going to be the limit. If anybody has a +1 or another member wants to join, that'd be good.

If everybody could please get me their handicaps by Wednesday, I'd appreciate that so that I can do the groupings.

I'm assuming that we are going to be doing the Stableford again, correct. Also, is there any interest in doing a closest to the pin or something like that?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

[COLOR=181818]I'm assuming that we are going to be doing the Stableford again, correct. Also, is there any interest in doing a closest to the pin or something like that?[/COLOR]

Oh thank goodness, Stableford. I should have played that yesterday. That's a tough course... tougher than I thought it'd be. Part of that is that I must have been lined up wrong a few times. Part of that is I don't know how to hit off some interesting lies. Oh and that grass. Can't wait for May 4 :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Oh thank goodness, Stableford. I should have played that yesterday. That's a tough course... tougher than I thought it'd be. Part of that is that I must have been lined up wrong a few times. Part of that is I don't know how to hit off some interesting lies.

Oh and that grass.

Can't wait for May 4

For those unfamiliar with the scoring system for our events, we play a modified stableford. The best three of four scores count on each hole.

Net Bogey = 1

Net Par = 2

Net Birdie = 3

Net Eagle = 5

Net Double Eagle = 7

Players get 80% of their course handicap.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

1. @tristanhilton85

2. @mvmac

3. @Golfingdad

4. @Bechambo

5. @jefkve

6. @Big C

7. Big C's uncle

8. @Shindig

9. @swampertwo

10. @rpan

11. @Pakoh

@KyleAnthony - one spot left just for you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!