IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spent the biggest part of the last 4 days trying to sell some of my dad's things at "The World's Longest Yard Sale." :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Never again!!! I would rather throw the things away and pay somebody the amount we "made" to not have to do it. I even missed my golf game (and I played well the last time I played). The only interesting thing was seeing how people act. Some people would ask the price on an item that I should have had priced at $20. I would tell them $1 and they would walk back over to the table and put it back. :bugout: One woman held up a really nice ceramic deer in a forest setting and asked how much. I told her $1 and she said "Will you take a quarter?" I told her no and she put it back. :no: On the other side one woman was going through a whole box of sheet music for the piano (about 100 lbs. of it). She found a handful that she wanted and asked me how much? I told her $1 and she pulled out a $5. Gave it to me and told me it was worth more than that. Some people just love that yard sale but it's not for me. I have better and more fun things to do.

Spent the biggest part of the last 4 days trying to sell some of my dad's things at "The World's Longest Yard Sale."

Never again!!! I would rather throw the things away and pay somebody the amount we "made" to not have to do it. I even missed my golf game (and I played well the last time I played).

The only interesting thing was seeing how people act. Some people would ask the price on an item that I should have had priced at $20. I would tell them $1 and they would walk back over to the table and put it back.

One woman held up a really nice ceramic deer in a forest setting and asked how much. I told her $1 and she said "Will you take a quarter?"

I told her no and she put it back.

On the other side one woman was going through a whole box of sheet music for the piano (about 100 lbs. of it). She found a handful that she wanted and asked me how much? I told her $1 and she pulled out a $5. Gave it to me and told me it was worth more than that.

Some people just love that yard sale but it's not for me. I have better and more fun things to do.

Garage sales will drive you crazy. My wife doesn't haggle intentionally so they will leave. ;-)

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never was much of a haggler either and always underpriced everything I ever sold just in case something was wrong with it that I wasn't aware of. On bigger items I don't mind coming down a little from an already low price but I pretty much draw the line at $1. I can't even walk into the break room and buy a Coke out of the machine anymore for a dollar and they want a $40 item for less than a Coke!!! :no: :no: :no: Especially irritating are the other sellers that want me to come down to a quarter so they can take the item over to their table and sell it for $5. (Saw a lot of that going on). I did see that there is a lot of money to be made at that "Longest yard sale" but it's not from selling normal yard sale stuff. It's vendors selling anything from hotdogs, to barbecue, to snowcones. If I ever participate again I'm going to be on that end of it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103831/] [/URL]

Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw that.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw that.

I think we migrated servers today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow. Wish I hadn't even watched the news today.

ISIS cuts a 5 year old in half for being a Christian. As long as I live I will never, ever, ever understand the mentality it would take to kill a child in that manner (or any manner).

Cop kills a young man in the St. Louis area and thugs decide that gives them a free pass to loot and destroy.

Then Robin Williams is gone.

I think I'll look for something like The Sound of Music and watch it for the rest of the evening.

Wow. Wish I hadn't even watched the news today.

ISIS cuts a 5 year old in half for being a Christian. As long as I live I will never, ever, ever understand the mentality it would take to kill a child in that manner (or any manner).

Cop kills a young man in the St. Louis area and thugs decide that gives them a free pass to loot and destroy.

Then Robin Williams is gone.

I think I'll look for something like The Sound of Music and watch it for the rest of the evening.

Yeah, there's definitely not much in the way of "good news" to be found right now. I also hope that whatever deity these sick, radical f***s pray to serves them the same treatment in their after life.

Putting my house on the market. It's hot here so not crazy about buying in a sellers market but I will get top dollar. Took a while to find a good agent. Had to impress that any incoming offers will be contingent on finding a suitable replacement property at my sole discretion. Agents hate me. I write so many escape clauses into my deals it drives them nuts. Looked at a townhouse on a course, can't wait to get my window broken.

Dave :-)

30 minutes on hold with Verizon Wireless tech support and I've gotten NOWHERE!

As soon as you get a representative put him on hold. It won't get you anywhere either but it's extremely satisfying!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

30 minutes on hold with Verizon Wireless tech support and I've gotten NOWHERE! :censored:

AT&T; is where it's at. Costs a fortune but cust svc I've found to be pretty good.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

30 minutes on hold with Verizon Wireless tech support and I've gotten NOWHERE!

Try explaining a very technical issue to a Cisco-Linksys representative. If you're not a drinker beforehand, you will be after those 2 hours of hell.

AT&T; is where it's at. Costs a fortune but cust svc I've found to be pretty good.

I have Att myself, but needed tech support on some extenders for our Alabama plant. I almost pulled the remaining few hairs I have left. ;-)

- Shane

Putting my house on the market. It's hot here so not crazy about buying in a sellers market but I will get top dollar. Took a while to find a good agent. Had to impress that any incoming offers will be contingent on finding a suitable replacement property at my sole discretion. Agents hate me. I write so many escape clauses into my deals it drives them nuts. Looked at a townhouse on a course, can't wait to get my window broken.

Now thats funny right there

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

• Administrator

eBay is taking 24 hours to re-list Lowest Score Wins. International customers? Bah. Screw 'em.

No idea why. They're "indexing" and "cataloging."

Uhm, it's a computer. It should take a few processor cycles. C'mon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!