IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would love to find out who was setting off fireworks in my neighborhood last night at 1:30AM. I want to go wish them a VERY merry Christmas.

Presumably at 1:30am in the morning as well? :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Sure it wasn't gun shots?

Yes. We saw them out the window after a sprang from my bed to see who was being stupid.

I can picture you duct taping a loudspeaker to their windows, and yelling "HO HO HO, Merry Christmas"  at 1:30am Christmas Eve as they go to sleep. Not giving you any ideas or anything. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Presumably at 1:30am in the morning as well?

I can picture you duct taping a loudspeaker to their windows, and yelling "HO HO HO, Merry Christmas"  at 1:30am Christmas Eve as they go to sleep. Not giving you any ideas or anything.

Actually, my plan was to stick one of their fireworks where the sun doesn't shine and lighting it. Did I mention that these were the big display type fireworks?

- Shane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Presumably at 1:30am in the morning as well?

I can picture you duct taping a loudspeaker to their windows, and yelling "HO HO HO, Merry Christmas"  at 1:30am Christmas Eve as they go to sleep. Not giving you any ideas or anything.

Actually, my plan was to stick one of their fireworks where the sun doesn't shine and lighting it. Did I mention that these were the big display type fireworks?

Yeah, getting a 4" wide mortar shell up there might be a bit of a challenge. :-D \

BTW, I didn't know they are legal in Ohio?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

[quote name="Dave2512" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/660#post_1087253"]Sure it wasn't gun shots?

Yes. We saw them out the window after a sprang from my bed to see who was being stupid.[/quote] Was this like that Christmas poem where the fellow sprang from his bed because of the clatter? Lol grinchy.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

BTW, I didn't know they are legal in Ohio?

They're not legal in NJ and plenty of people have them. My old neighborhood had somebody that liked to set off fireworks at random times for no apparent reason. Really annoying.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Was this like that Christmas poem where the fellow sprang from his bed because of the clatter? Lol grinchy.

Yes, but with a modern twist. Loud booms that wake me up definitely make me grinchy. ;-)

- Shane

Lol me too. One night a BOOM shook the house. It turned out to be a gas explosion that lifted some poor souls house off its foundation. Just knowing that kinda mistake thing can happen takes the fun out of fireworks like m80s. Although I do have fond memories of spray paint cans hurtling skyward before blowing up into multicolored mushroom clouds.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I can't believe people are still being shot over Jordans.....

Down in your area Shane and Matt

Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes Associated Press

Super sad that this still happens. They are freaking shoes for crying out loud.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I can't believe people are still being shot over Jordans..... Down in your area Shane and Matt  [URL=http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-teen-shot-dead-by-shopper-wanted-shoes/ar-BBh9r2C]Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes Associated Press[/URL] Super sad that this still happens. They are freaking shoes for crying out loud.

Yep. Saw it on the news. This kid got shot attempting to rob the guy who shot him. I say good. It's not good that he's dead, but he is definitely not a victim.

- Shane

Yep. Saw it on the news. This kid got shot attempting to rob the guy who shot him. I say good. It's not good that he's dead, but he is definitely not a victim.

I can't decide how I feel about it really, I mean they are shoes, why shoot someone over them. At the same time, you shouldn't be pulling a gun on someone to steal their shoes either.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I can't decide how I feel about it really, I mean they are shoes, why shoot someone over them. At the same time, you shouldn't be pulling a gun on someone to steal their shoes either.

you don't know if the guy is going to shoot you after he gets the shoes. If someone pulls a gun on you and you have a gun, you shoot first and ask questions later.

- Shane

you don't know if the guy is going to shoot you after he gets the shoes. If someone pulls a gun on you and you have a gun, you shoot first and ask questions later.

True enough, a lot of what ifs when it comes to these types of scenarios. I'll just never understand how shoes can be worth such actions.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

True enough, a lot of what ifs when it comes to these types of scenarios. I'll just never understand how shoes can be worth such actions.

Agreed.  It's easy to say 'he got whats coming to him' and I wouldn't even attempt to argue that.  It's true, he did.

But I would like to ask the shooter today, and again in a year, two, 5, whatever, if he thinks it was worth killing a man over a pair of shoes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Agreed.  It's easy to say 'he got whats coming to him' and I wouldn't even attempt to argue that.  It's true, he did.

But I would like to ask the shooter today, and again in a year, two, 5, whatever, if he thinks it was worth killing a man over a pair of shoes.

Definitely not worth it over a pair of shoes.

The shooter did not know that it would stop with the shoes though did he?  I think that is the point @CarlSpackler ake.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!