IGNORED

Rate my divots !! Just to see how I'm doing.

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am curious to know what the OP thinks he sees from his divots???

That he can in fact destroy a good grass driving range.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am curious to know what the OP thinks he sees from his divots???

I think the OP is more concerned about eating in n out its awesome.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I think the OP is more concerned about eating in n out its awesome.

BTW. What is "eating in n out"?

In N Out burger...It's a chain fast food place.

Based on my divots from today what can you tell about my swing?

Not all that much ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Picky, picky, picky...:-P

Lol. I was mostly just being funny. ;). If you've seen my swing thread, you probably would not be surprised to know I'll eat just about anywhere. ;). Love me some Carls Jr. ;). (That's probably Hardee's to you, MS ;))

Lol. I was mostly just being funny. ;). If you've seen my swing thread, you probably would not be surprised to know I'll eat just about anywhere. ;). Love me some Carls Jr. ;). (That's probably Hardee's to you, MS ;))

I have seen your swing thread............ :-D

That really is one way to destroy the range.. Don't you guys think that there should be signs or directions on how to hit at the range? I know when I first started I just wanted my ball to be on a clean piece if land and have no divot anywhere near it, I bet he feels the same way.. I'll excuse him this time, but I am sure that after reading this thread he will do a better job! For the grass sake at least!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

That really is one way to destroy the range.. Don't you guys think that there should be signs or directions on how to hit at the range? I know when I first started I just wanted my ball to be on a clean piece if land and have no divot anywhere near it, I bet he feels the same way.. I'll excuse him this time, but I am sure that after reading this thread he will do a better job! For the grass sake at least!

Lol absolutely I've never seen anybody describe the divots like that in facti work at my mini I'm always on the range during downtime and I never see anybody hit their divots like I should be doing. Guess I know now!

titleist.gif 910 9.5 Driver titleist.gif 910 F 3 Wood callaway.gif 2009 X Forged Irons 

titleist.gif  Wedges  Vokey 54 and 60    taylormade.gif  Putter Daddy Long Legs

Ball : Whatever the hell I find at my job as a cart guy.

Lol absolutely I've never seen anybody describe the divots like that in facti work at my mini I'm always on the range during downtime and I never see anybody hit their divots like I should be doing. Guess I know now!

No burgers today? Trying to eat more healthy. Atta guy! ;)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Good on ya!

That's step one.....now you need to become an ambassador and ensure that the word gets out too.  Don't let people mess up your range, and course. :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

That really is one way to destroy the range.. Don't you guys think that there should be signs or directions on how to hit at the range?

I know when I first started I just wanted my ball to be on a clean piece if land and have no divot anywhere near it, I bet he feels the same way..

I'll excuse him this time, but I am sure that after reading this thread he will do a better job! For the grass sake at least!

Oh, absolutely.  I've mentioned it before as well.  I've seen posters in pro shops and restrooms showing you how to fix a pitch mark, and notes everywhere reminding you to replace or sand your divots on the course, but I've never seen a course that has posted directions on how to use the range.  They need to change that. :)

I also learned something too, I always thought a tight patch was the correct method, though it may look better and show that the person cares it still isn't the best way overall. Funny just the other day after 3 buckets and 5 rows about 3' long I came back a couple days later to see someone used the strips I left to hit balls off of basically destroying the root system I left in place, just shows you no matter how hard you try sometimes there will be some one there to destroy it. To @BigDStars187 I'm glad to see you being a good sport over this and I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you as much as wanting to just show you a better method wasn't entirely correct either :doh: oh well. Like @David in FL says now be an ambassador that helps people understand that this method is better not just for the range but for the golfers since they will have a nicer grass range to hit from versus a mine field, there is ways of letting folks know without them getting an attitude and actually it will surprise you how many folks will be appreciative for the info.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Depends on how deep and soft the turf is.  I cannot hit a clean shot to save my life on a tight lie unless I take a bigger divot.  If the turf is fluffy, I "can" clip it perfectly, where it seems like I simply cut the grass.

That being said, my opinion is this.

Your divots seem a little deep, and a little left (I don't know if you are right/left handed or where the target is, or what shape of shot you're trying to hit).  If anyone gives you flack about digging in too deep, watch any tournament on any day, and look at the divots the pros take on their mid to short irons.  HUGE divots!

Definitely learned something on this thread.  Thanks for the info guys. I only ever hit off mats (whether my own with the BirdieBalls or at the range).  Everyone once in a while I'll play a nicer course with a grass range and warm up there, and I've always wondered how the grass range doesn't end up destroyed.  I've always ended up leaving a mix of strips and rectangles, much closer to the optimal noted here than the OP (I mean, it's just common sense not to leave a total minefield), but definitely not exactly like the example in the video.  Good stuff.

Also, there's been some mention that sometimes rectangles are better (maybe if given local weather patterns and grass types natural growth will never be fast enough, so you want to reseed anyway and then rectangles take up less overall range space than separated strips?).  In the video he said straight up that rectangles are much worse than strips.  Anyone know for sure?  If it depends on predominant grass type and weather, does anyone know if generally that argues for strips or rectangles in SoCal?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!