IGNORED

Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Arrogant?

• Yes
    • No

One thing I think we can say for sure is right now the guy does not have a lot of fans. There are people that either hate him or have no opinion of him. Not a lot of people who like him. So I do think he needs to help his image some. If he wins some tourneys and shows some humbleness, he can gain some fans.

One thing I think we can say for sure is right now the guy does not have a lot of fans. There are people that either hate him or have no opinion of him. Not a lot of people who like him. So I do think he needs to help his image some. If he wins some tourneys and shows some humbleness, he can gain some fans.

Agreed, he's still taking jabs from his fellow golfers despite the claims he's not.  I think Bubba was one of the most recent to make reference to his Top 5 comment.  I think Tiger was a bit arrogant but he backed it up.  If Reed backs it up and even finishes Top 10 in FedEx I'll cut him some slack.  I do agree with his comments that he and his peers have to be confident in their ability to play well.  What he doesn't seem to understand is there's a fine line when talking about one's self where confidence can be easily construed as arrogance if the right words aren't chosen.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Let go of my opinion? Drives me crazy that you're moderated not just for behavior, but for your views on this forum.

You weren't moderated. Not even a little.

I'm a "user" of the site too. I started this site because I like to talk about golf. That's the way in which I make almost all of my posts. If I'm "moderating" I'm pretty clear about it; it usually involves an "or else" type statement.

For god's sake, look at the name of this thread. My comment certainly isn't off topic.

Nobody said it was.

I can't repeat my view when the guy blows up on a Sunday?

You can (clearly), but to what end?

IMO, I think his comments are still haunting him and that's what I was saying. What's wrong with that?

It's gotten old. Move on. Or at least wait for him to say something else stupid.

Edit: Rick says it all:

Because you are beating a rotting corpse.  Your comment is based on ancient history.  Wait until you have some new news to castigate him for, then we'll let you up back up.  And just to be straight, I don't like the guy at all, but I haven't made a single comment in this thread until now.  You really need to let this one go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

His action of shooting himself in the head last week was the final blow. I can't stand to even see this man. Watching him screw up last week was lovely. That coming from someone that loves to see everyone do good on the course.

And all these comments about beating a dead horse... crazy.  Mr. Reed's actions prove the horse is not even close to dead. :)

BTW: I googled "Patrick Reed's behavior" and this thread is one of the top results. Looking it up because I was wondering if I was the only one that feels like I do about him.

19 pages long. And this topic is still going on..?  Me thinks someone needs to get a life. Move on, life is to short to worry about someone else for so long.

19 pages long. And this topic is still going on..?  Me thinks someone needs to get a life. Move on, life is to short to worry about someone else for so long.

Well, you're still here. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Well, you're still here.

Only to comment on the Excess of this topic. Color me gone............................. :-P

I promise we'll only keep this thread going until he actually gets in the Top 5.

God helps us all if that never happens. :scared:

I think we should put a deadline, and then lock this thread. Then if you want you can start a new thread if he does reach top 5. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Funny stuff, I vote to keep the thread alive. 30 new comments since the last time I checked in so obviously interest is still there.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Reed is ranked 7th this week in FedEx, so he's inching closer.  The fact the Jimmy Walker is and has been ranked #1 almost the entire season would entitle him to claim he's Top 3, wouldn't it?

Joe Paradiso

Reed is ranked 7th this week in FedEx, so he's inching closer.  The fact the Jimmy Walker is and has been ranked #1 almost the entire season would entitle him to claim he's Top 3, wouldn't it?

Oh, we aren't talking Fed Ex rankings man.

Oh, we aren't talking Fed Ex rankings man.

About the world rankings,

Points remain on a player’s tally for two years (up to a maximum of 52 events played during that time), but they’re reduced on a sliding scale after 13 weeks, so recent performances carry greater weight.

This might take a long time :w00t:

Though if he gets a few more wins this year, and gets some wins next year he could climb to near or in the top 10. Right now he's 31st in the world. That is 31st with 3 PGA tour wins in only one one year over his previous 2 years.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This might take a long time

Though if he gets a few more wins this year, and gets some wins next year he could climb to near or in the top 10. Right now he's 31st in the world. That is 31st with 3 PGA tour wins in only one one year over his previous 2 years.

Exactly, FedEx reflects what he did this season.  If he finishes FedEx Top 5 that would be good enough for me.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

This might take a long time

Exactly, FedEx reflects what he did this season.  If he finishes FedEx Top 5 that would be good enough for me.

Golf is a global game.  You can't look at one tour's results and say that it's the definitive marker.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I missed the story here. Anyone care to sum up what he said and did?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I missed the story here. Anyone care to sum up what he said and did?

Getting someone to do that would save you some time, wouldn't it?:-\

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!