IGNORED

So You Wanna Look Like a "Real" Golfer?

colin007
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i think that by "golf-relatated skull covering" its implied that it be a "golf-ish" hat, and not some freebie cheapo hat that you got at your family reunion back in '87.

How about this?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well, im a bit of a hypocrite on this because i wear a bucket hat.  however, it was made by a golf company and helps protect my bald noggin.

it is not some kind of shlubby Knights of Columbus hat or some kind of Albequerque Freemasons Convention 1992 hat...lol...

Colin P.

Not sure if @Shindig was making a joke, but here's one vote against golf brand hats.  Why do I want to pay a company so I can be a walking advertisement for them?  If you want a baseball style hat there are plenty of comfortable single color mesh back hats that don't double as advertisements.  Though I've graduated to this

Holy hell! How old ARE you? :beer:

Holy hell! How old ARE you?

Ha.  32.  What can I say.  I've always been a sucker for hats.  And this one's called The Gambler!  Feels baller to me.  Plus, the full brim really is better protecting from the son.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Be ready to play when it is your turn.

I know some think it's cool to smoke cigars while playing golf but, please, watch where you dump the ashes. Particularly on the green is a no-no.

Bill M

Holy hell! How old ARE you?

hahaha,

when the sun is beating down real hard I usually wear this while golfing.

Edit: the hat not the holey jeans ;)

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

hahaha,

when the sun is beating down real hard I usually wear this while golfing.

Edit: the hat not the holey jeans ;)

Nice.  Love the hat.  Love the banjo too.  Long time guitar player.  Keep meaning to get a cheap old banjo to mess around on.  You should wear that exact getup to the local course, sneak up on groups, play and sing 20-30 seconds of some classic bluegrass song, and then disappear.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Nice.  Love the hat.  Love the banjo too.  Long time guitar player.  Keep meaning to get a cheap old banjo to mess around on.  You should wear that exact getup to the local course, sneak up on groups, play and sing 20-30 seconds of some classic bluegrass song, and then disappear.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Banjos only make me think of this

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Interesting tidbit about the Deliverance kid - despite his look, the actor was not in fact "special"...

Colin P.

Funny you say that, once my friend and I got done playing disc golf and we went back to our car, I grabbed my banjo...he grabbed his guitar and walked to a bench in the woods that was near one of the tee/platforms. We played dueling banjos and some other stuff. Most people really enjoyed it...some were like WTF?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!