IGNORED

Looking for suggestions on some new shoes.

Note: This thread is 3658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I started playing I bought some inexpensive Adidas shoes.  And while they are good quality, they aren't super comfortable.  Not because of the manufacture, but because being inexpensive there was not much of a range of half sizes or different widths.

Now am wanting to upgrade, so can I get some suggestions as to a good, comfortable golf shoe.

Thanks

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Spikeless shoes are generally more comfortable. Lots of good threads here about them. For traditional shoes, I found the most comfortable to the Footjoy Contours.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If they fit your feet well, Truelinks are just great. The zero-drop low profile is great for golf. I would then look at Puma FAAS Lite shoes. They are really comfy. If you don't mind the look, the M:Project from footjoy are very comfy.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am a fan of my Oakley Full Auto Tour's but they don't make them anymore.  But they are super comfortable.  Or if you feel like opening your wallet wide - anything made by Ecco pretty much.  LOVE my Ecco Biom Hydromax, just amazing comfort.  http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-BIOM-Golf-Hydromax/131004,default,pd.html?dwvar_131004_color=55846#cgid=golf-men-biom - and I bought them when they were $235.  $179 is a good price.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

TRUE Linkswear... they got a few different styles and they are very reasonably priced...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nike Lunar Ascend

spikeless, super comfy

Those look pretty dang cool. I wonder, how long the soles last if a person were to walk a good bit on concrete or asphalt..? Also, how are they on steeper slopes with wet grass..?

After wearing some cheapo golf shoes for the last 2 yrs, I purchased some FootJoy Contours... TOTALLY CHANGED MY LIFE Ok that's an exaggeration. But in all seriousness, these new golf shoes I purchased may be the most comfortable shoes I own in my entire closet

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

I am after a new pair of white golf shoes but cant decide between a footjoy DNA's or a pair of Ecco's?

Beyond white, what are you looking for?

Joe Paradiso

Beyond white, what are you looking for?

I am mainly looking for good support as I have a bad right ankle after falling on it last year. A good bit of comfort would be nice too.

I'm guessing you want shoes without spikes?  I like the Ecco's, but I always wear soft spikes on the course if it's wet or muddy.

Joe Paradiso

I'm guessing you want shoes without spikes?  I like the Ecco's, but I always wear soft spikes on the course if it's wet or muddy.

I think I am better off with spikes as I cant risk falling over on my ankle again. My course is rather hilly and when wet can imagine it being a bit slippy in non spiked shoes.

I have been wearing the Nike Lunar Control for just over a season now and have been happy with them. Very comfortable (I walk 60% of the time) and have held up very well. Much better quality than the Nike golf shoe I had several years back. Prior to this shoe, I've worn the Adidas Powerband (good shoe, comfortable, good quality... Lasted a little over two seasons), and the Callaway with the comfort saddle (sucked breaking them in, but was a good comfortable shoe once they were broken in). The quality in golf shoes has been much better these past several years, and there are a lot of good shoes out there now. Like any other shoe one would buy, just head to the store, try them on and walk around in them. Buy the one you like the best

I have been wearing the Nike Lunar Control for just over a season now and have been happy with them. Very comfortable (I walk 60% of the time) and have held up very well. Much better quality than the Nike golf shoe I had several years back.

Prior to this shoe, I've worn the Adidas Powerband (good shoe, comfortable, good quality... Lasted a little over two seasons), and the Callaway with the comfort saddle (sucked breaking them in, but was a good comfortable shoe once they were broken in).

The quality in golf shoes has been much better these past several years, and there are a lot of good shoes out there now. Like any other shoe one would buy, just head to the store, try them on and walk around in them. Buy the one you like the best

I been using the tiger woods 14 black shoes for the last year but I am after a white pair to rotate in with them.

My next pair will be the Footjoy DNA's with the BOA lacing. Everyone that I know that has the BOA raves about it. http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/53469

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My next pair will be the Footjoy DNA's with the BOA lacing. Everyone that I know that has the BOA raves about it.

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/53469

BOA is a great feature.  I have it on my Icons and it really helps to make the shoe fit better.

Joe Paradiso

My next pair will be the Footjoy DNA's with the BOA lacing. Everyone that I know that has the BOA raves about it.

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/53469

I'm leaning toward the tour dry joys with BOA. I've heard that the soles on the DNA are pretty stiff due to the material of them.

Note: This thread is 3658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!