IGNORED

Would you rather

Prodigy
Note: This thread is 5836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. would you rather

• hit every green in regulation
    • or make every putt

Does putting off of the tee count? lol. I would want to make every putt

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I seem to hit greens in regulation most of the time, I have to opt with make every putt. I shot a 74 a couple of weeks ago while missing 10 out of 11 birdie putts. The majority of which were 10 feet or less.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

this is a tough one. you could hit every GIR but it would not guarantee you a birdie or even a bogie in some cases, and you could 1 putt on every hole but as other people have said if its for a seven then its pointless taking the 1 putt. but if you made half of the GIR you would have 9 birdies which is pretty good

For me it's gotta be GIR. Reaching every green giving yourself 2 putts for par... that's clutch. I usually only have a 3-putt or two per round now but I barely ever break 50% on GIR. If I could guarantee that I'd always be 2 putting for par.... I'm giddy just thinking about it

However, when listening to Peter K and the gang on the PGA network on XM they say the main difference between Nationwide tour players and PGA tour players is the ability to drain putts from longer distances. So I'm willing to bet if you asked any of them they'd said putting.

In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

• 2 weeks later...
Make every putt and you just scored 18 putts per round, even the pros would be happy with that statistic.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Hit every green in reg for me. You can make every putt but if it's for a 7 it really doesn't matter. Hit every GIR and even if you 3 putt half of them you still shoot +9. Any decent putting at all and you are in the 70's every single time.

Amen, brother!

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

I'd go with greens being that I'm pretty good with every part of my game except alignment, which constantly screws me over and it should be the easiest part of the game. Also I've seen rounds where pros have hit every GIR and in the interview say they haven't been putting well but still shoot a 66.
In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

I just played yesterday with my friends, 2 high cappers like me and one who's actually won a class C tournament. Actually won against him, thanks to one putting most of the holes. It was my best putting ever, so I'd go with putting.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I voted GIR

The way I see it is that Approaches are the most spectacular part of the game and also the one requiring the most skill/gift.

Regardless of the score, I wish to become a good Iron/wedges player.

In my Bag:

Big Bertha 460 11* Driver
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Staff Hybrid 21* Staff Hybrid 24* Big Bertha 08 5-SW Irons Lob Wedge Vokey Oil Can 60* Newport 2 Studio Style Putter Balls

• 1 month later...
Lost Ball has up & down days putting and a long putt can really put a smile on Lost Ball's face
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

• 4 weeks later...
I only read this thread to see Lost Ball's reply.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Lost Ball cracks me up.
(Oh no, now I'm doing it).

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Well if I could make EVERY putt I would just putt from the Tee Box

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

• 3 weeks later...
I would rather hit every green in regulation, because even if you 2 putt every green then that is par.

lost ball writes in the third person - i am going to start writing in the 5th person my sentences will now all start as follows

i know a guy that says extremeld once said

Note: This thread is 5836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!