IGNORED

What is your biggest pet peeve you see people doing on the golf course?

PA Golf Info
Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

People that complain about everything they can think of about the course and have every excuse in the book (except their own lack of ability) for every bad shot they hit.

I've been that person. Very sad. Did I play with you when I was on the RTJ trail?

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People spitting sunflower seeds on the green and people who take beaver pelts in the fairway and don't fix or fill them in.

I've been that person. Very sad. Did I play with you when I was on the RTJ trail?

Ha ha! If you complained about those courses you definitely wouldn't be a happy camper on most of the courses I play. :-D

Ha ha! If you complained about those courses you definitely wouldn't be a happy camper on most of the courses I play. :-D

My only complaint about those courses was a par 3 on one of them that had a 40 yard long green, was as narrow as my mother-in-law's mind and had three tiers. Otherwise, nice nice golf.

—Adam

3) When the group in front of you somehow manages to not put the pin in correctly for half the holes in a round.

4) Don't yell fore.  YELL FORE.  And yell immediately.  Not when the ball is on it's way down and within a second and half of drilling some poor bastard.

I have to say the pin thing kills me......   If I'm lucky enough to hit the pin on a par 3 and you didn't put it in all the way  - I'm coming to kick your a$$ for making me think I lost my hole in one because of you!!!!   - Yea how mad would you be?

Yell FORE!!!  shoot if you miss at least it's funny to watch them jump - now go apologize lol

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I hate when you yell fore, and you yelled it pretty loud. The guys don't budge and they get pissed because a ball lands near them. No way they didn't hear you yell fore.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

OH YEAH...... What club did you hit????

It doesn't offend me but it's a question I hate because I simply can't answer it right ------      I might not hit my clubs the same as you, the loft of my 7 could be different than yours, I choked down, I hit a cut, I punched it, I took some off, I played a low draw that released, I can play a 150 yard shot with 4 different clubs 12 different ways (hypothetically of course lol- I can't really pull all those shots off)??? ........... Man, I'll just tell you the yardage I played. ..

• Upvote 1

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

OH YEAH......     What club did you hit????

It doesn't offend me but it's a question I hate because I simply can't answer it right ------      I might not hit my clubs the same as you, the loft of my 7 could be different than yours, I choked down, I hit a cut, I punched it, I took some off, I played a low draw that released, I can play a 150 yard shot with 4 different clubs 12 different ways (hypothetically of course lol- I can't really pull all those shots off)??? ...........  Man, I'll just tell you the yardage I played...

Heh...heh...My old Wednesday guys did this.   Especially one of them.   Completely different swings and clubs, and he obsess over what everyone else hit to help him determine what to hit.   Now, we played together long enough to know what was relative to each other, except for the guy who bought irons twice a year and me who was going through major swing changes and hitting 20 yards differently sometimes!   I'm sure we were a big help.

Before the shot... "What are you hitting?   What's the wind?   Are you striking the ball well today?   How much should I take off if I hit this?"

After my shot "Did you hit that right?  Flush it?  What should I do?"

—Adam

1.  People who constantly worry about and abhor slow play.  Golf is like going to Wal-Mart:  If you're in that much of a hurry, choose another activity or BUY your own golf course.

2.  People who can think of hundreds of pet peeves about everyone else on the golf course ... except the things their playing partners probably loathe about them!  Those are usually the players who pose to admire their wedge shot that hits the green and stops cold, then forget or neglect replacing the 10" of turf just ripped from the fairway.

3.  People who don't think marking, lining up and canning 2-3' putts is important to other players.  Ok, I get it.  You GIVE yourself those putts.  Try making every one of them and see what you REALLY card that day.  Plus, what's the rush?  Are you in a hurry to race to the next tee and wait for the group in front of you again?

4.  People who take rules of golf too seriously.  I'm with others who feel as long as someone isn't trying to fleece my wallet, I couldn't care LESS how you apply or don't apply the rules of golf.

Remember folks, golf is supposed to be fun.  Try not to get wrapped around the axle on the things over which you have no control. Relax.  Breath.  Enjoy the beauty of the whole package.

• Upvote 2

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Cell phones.  They don't belong on the course.  OK - I get it if you are doctor and on call.  Or your wife is expecting or something like that.  But just everyday, run of the mill texting and calls really are annoying - especially when you are two holes away and I can still hear you talking.  We have one buddy who brings his phone all the time.  We have a standing agreement that if it rings in someone's backswing they can choose to substitute the phone for the ball on the next shot. And no, we don't care that your GF texted to find out what time you are going to be home.

• Upvote 1

People who create slow play by looking for lost golf balls - not one they just hit - in the treeline.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

People on an empty course who will not let faster players through.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I don't mind talking/asking about what club you or I just hit. That's part of normal golf conversation to me.

as well, I like discussing shots and club selection and strategy.  It's "talking golf"

Different strokes for some, but I find those that clam up and take it too seriously to be awkward playing partners and fun killers.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!