IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Posture is looking better! Swing is looking good as well, nice work!

Funny thing. When I set up open, ball fades. Set up square, ball goes straight. Set up closed, ball draws. Go figure.

Sounds about right. When the shoulders are aimed right, you pre-set some outward path to the swing and vice versa.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good news: Official handicap is finally out.

Bad news: It's 14.7. Not surprising given the changes I'm making and the little golf that I've been playing. VLog will hopefully be posted today.

I'm not freaking out. I'm NOT freaking out.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Good news: Official handicap is finally out.

Bad news: It's 14.7. Not surprising given the changes I'm making and the little golf that I've been playing. VLog will hopefully be posted today.

I'm not freaking out. I'm NOT freaking out.

I stopped even bothering with a handicap right now. Next month if I can get some semblance of a swing going again I'll get my 10 rounds in before the outting for an official one.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I stopped even bothering with a handicap right now. Next month if I can get some semblance of a swing going again I'll get my 10 rounds in before the outting for an official one.

There were many rounds in there that I would like to consider "practice rounds", but the essence of a handicap is to post them all, not just the good ones. Bear in mind that the worst half of your rounds are tossed. I'm wondering why they only used 3 of the nine posted (one of those was combined 9 holes).

- Shane

There were many rounds in there that I would like to consider "practice rounds", but the essence of a handicap is to post them all, not just the good ones. Bear in mind that the worst half of your rounds are tossed. I'm wondering why they only used 3 of the nine posted (one of those was combined 9 holes).

While golfing I'm typically not even keeping score on all the holes right now, I know you only need to finish something like 13 holes to be able to use the round for handicap purposes but that requires using esc or estimated score for the hole. Neither of those I'm sure of how to do. I could always fall back on the rounds I have the scores for plus my league scores if I really needed to post a handicap. Those scores aren't even necessarily the best scores I've had though either.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

I'm wondering why they only used 3 of the nine posted (one of those was combined 9 holes).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I posted this in the VLog thread, but posing here as well for convenience.

Looking at my putting, my head is moving all over the place. Short game shots are improving, but I need some quality time on the pitching green as well. The 42 I shot on the front wasn't horrible for me, but certainly should have been better.

- Shane

Just watched your front 9.  I thought you did a good job of keeping large numbers off the card.  Especially considering some of the places you were.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Just watched your front 9.  I thought you did a good job of keeping large numbers off the card.  Especially considering some of the places you were.....

Thanks! I should have been able to get some of those shots up and down to save par, but my iron shots were just not that great. Short game still has some rust on it with all the work I've been putting into the full swing. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for the back nine. I think I partially lost focus, and partially started to get really hungry. 17 & 18 were both nGIR doubles. That's just wasting 2-3 strokes there, but I blame my stomach for those. I snap hooked my second on 13 (par 5) OB. Since I hit a weak fade into the right rough from the tee, I was now playing 4 with a long way to go, and I didn't have any excellent recovery shots to make up for it.

Next time, I'll video the back nine so you guys can see the rest of the course.

- Shane

Went to Golfsmith to try some new drivers. I REALLY didn't like the SLDR even though it was a bit longer than my R7. I didn't like the feel of it unless I hit it on the screws. The Ping G25 was the best driver I tried as far as distance. It was only about 5 yards longer than my R7, but dispersion from left to right was much greater. I guesst the search for more distance through technology continues.

- Shane

Went to Golfsmith to try some new drivers. I REALLY didn't like the SLDR even though it was a bit longer than my R7. I didn't like the feel of it unless I hit it on the screws. The Ping G25 was the best driver I tried as far as distance. It was only about 5 yards longer than my R7, but dispersion from left to right was much greater. I guesst the search for more distance through technology continues.

Yea, it's not the most forgiving club out there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Five yards ain't bad, $60 a yard :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Five yards ain't bad, $60 a yard :-)

I did hit the 2 longest drives with my R7 though. There are lots of other drivers to try still. I also didn't like the look of the G25.

- Shane

About last night. I didn't have to cook burgers at a swim meet, so I played in our company's golf league. Decent night tee to green (to start out with) but short game was horrible. I had no feel for these greens which were extremely slow. Kittyhawk GC is definitely going downhill.

Hole 10 - Great drive in FW and GIR with about a 35' putt. 3 jab bogey.

Hole 11 - Another great drive, but blocked approach shot right. Pitch left me 12' short. 2 putt bogey.

Hole 12 - Killed a drive and took 3w short and right (par 5). Up and down for birdie. YAY!

Hole 13 - Hit a great shot that came up just a tad short of green. Everyone else went into the water hazard right. Chip left 6' right and hole on top of ridge. 3 putt double. Grrrr!

Hole 14 - Drive in FW and fat 3w (long par 4) 3rd on green and two putted for bogey.

Hole 15 - Drive pulled into left rough (I think my old swing started to appear here). Tied to kill a 3w from rough to make up distance and advanced the ball 80 yards into fw. Another 3w with a fade taken by the wind way right behind some small trees. Tried to hit a low cut but clipped a branch and dropped. Hit a knockdown GW to 8' and drained bogey putt. Did Happy learn how to putt finally?

Hole 16 - Drive left into soggy bunker. Didn't catch it clean, but advanced to 60 yds short. Hit an easy sw that left me a 12' putt. 3 jab double. Guess Happy didn't learn how to putt.

Hole 17 - 9i pulled into bunker. Out and 2 putt for bogey.

Hole 18 - Pulled into left bunker. Hybrid into left greenside bunker. Out and 2 putt for bogey.

No pars. 2 doubles, 6 bogies and a birdie. What was it about those greens?! They drove me absolutely insane. I had no idea how hard to putt the stinkin ball. :censored:

- Shane

About last night. I didn't have to cook burgers at a swim meet, so I played in our company's golf league. Decent night tee to green (to start out with) but short game was horrible. I had no feel for these greens which were extremely slow. Kittyhawk GC is definitely going downhill.

Hole 10 - Great drive in FW and GIR with about a 35' putt. 3 jab bogey.

Hole 11 - Another great drive, but blocked approach shot right. Pitch left me 12' short. 2 putt bogey.

Hole 12 - Killed a drive and took 3w short and right (par 5). Up and down for birdie. YAY!

Hole 13 - Hit a great shot that came up just a tad short of green. Everyone else went into the water hazard right. Chip left 6' right and hole on top of ridge. 3 putt double. Grrrr!

Hole 14 - Drive in FW and fat 3w (long par 4) 3rd on green and two putted for bogey.

Hole 15 - Drive pulled into left rough (I think my old swing started to appear here). Tied to kill a 3w from rough to make up distance and advanced the ball 80 yards into fw. Another 3w with a fade taken by the wind way right behind some small trees. Tried to hit a low cut but clipped a branch and dropped. Hit a knockdown GW to 8' and drained bogey putt. Did Happy learn how to putt finally?

Hole 16 - Drive left into soggy bunker. Didn't catch it clean, but advanced to 60 yds short. Hit an easy sw that left me a 12' putt. 3 jab double. Guess Happy didn't learn how to putt.

Hole 17 - 9i pulled into bunker. Out and 2 putt for bogey.

Hole 18 - Pulled into left bunker. Hybrid into left greenside bunker. Out and 2 putt for bogey.

No pars. 2 doubles, 6 bogies and a birdie. What was it about those greens?! They drove me absolutely insane. I had no idea how hard to putt the stinkin ball.

I wonder if the rain is making them grow faster. I am not sure they have the budget to cut them every day. I agree they were slow last time I was there. Community is getting faster now. I think I had them at 9.5 STIMP Last time I was there. I'll check to see how they are today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I wonder if the rain is making them grow faster. I am not sure they have the budget to cut them every day. I agree they were slow last time I was there. Community is getting faster now. I think I had them at 9.5 STIMP Last time I was there. I'll check to see how they are today.

You might want to check every green. Some seemed faster than others. It was crazy.

- Shane

You might want to check every green. Some seemed faster than others. It was crazy.

I HATE that, it happened to me not too long ago here too. It makes it very hard to be at all consistent when gauging pace on putts.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!