IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Very Fowler-ish

Yes. My son helped me pick it out. It's also my high school colors.

Our town is Orange and Black!  I hit this the other day at Golfsmith.  I liked it.  Are you going to review it?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Our town is Orange and Black!  I hit this the other day at Golfsmith.  I liked it.  Are you going to review it?

Probably. I've only hit it a few times this afternoon at Golf Evolution.

- Shane

Saturday at Golf Evolution:

Shot zones with 7i and PW. The 7i shots seem very short and the PW shots are spot on to what I experience in reality. I can definitely see some fat shots with the 7i.

Driver optimization: Push left hip towards target and lean away from target. Driving on the course was good Sunday except for on 7, 16, 17, an 18. All pull hooks. I suspect my posture was upright reverting to my old ways. I'm not sure how distance with this driver compares on the course with my R7 since I haven't played WW before, and I wasn't measuring with GPS. It seems to be more forgiving than my R7 for the most part. More in the weeks to come.

SAM putting analysis: My White Hot is a good fit for me. Path tends to come back inside after putt, so I need to work on inside to down the line. Also slightly accelerating after putt, but it wasn't horrible. Ball position was too far forward. Moving it back improved contact significantly. I actually notice when practicing that I could hear it skidding for a few feet after contact.

Golf Sunday: Drove the ball decent as mentioned except for a few holes. Had some really great iron shots and some mediocre shots. I had birdie putts on 3, 4, 5, 6 (3 jab), 12 (made), 14 (3 jab), and 15 (3 jab). Attempts to use Aimpoint were epic fails. Not sure how well that will work for me. I will definitely need to spend some time learning slope numbers.

Final note: The Golf Evolution Smart Car is really cool. Thanks for the ride @iacas .

- Shane

Videos from Erie. Nothing new to see really. I think it's time to stop working on my swing for the year and just play some golf.

Slouching Tiger has gone missing!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Videos from Erie. Nothing new to see really. I think it's time to stop working on my swing for the year and just play some golf.

Your chin is up.

FWIW, I'm not sure how to respond to comments like that (not that you're asking me to respond of course). You can't work on your swing and play golf? When you're on the course, just play. When you're practicing, practice. 30 full swings on the golf course aren't going to set you back fully, and 50 drill swings on the range aren't going to fully get you all the way there (but the latter will seep in more on the course than the former will on the range).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your chin is up.

FWIW, I'm not sure how to respond to comments like that (not that you're asking me to respond of course). You can't work on your swing and play golf? When you're on the course, just play. When you're practicing, practice. 30 full swings on the golf course aren't going to set you back fully, and 50 drill swings on the range aren't going to fully get you all the way there (but the latter will seep in more on the course than the former will on the range).

Exactly. I've been working on my swing and playing, so I suppose I'm thinking I should take a break of tinkering with my swing for a bit since I feel like a dog chasing my tail. It seems like a cycle of Work on Key 1... looking better. Work on posture... looking better but now Key 1 issues are worse. Oops, grip is out of whack. OK, that's fixed, but flippin chicken wing has re-emerged... Oh crap, back to Key 1 again and posture has reverted back to upright. ::sigh::

My head is spinning and I don't have a plan moving forward. I also have a bunch of drumming gigs in Sept. that I need to prep for which will restrict the amount of time I have to drill. I'm just scratching my head at the moment.

BTW - Anything I post in here is open to public advice/comments/scrutiny. I wouldn't put it up here otherwise. ;-)

- Shane

• Administrator

Exactly. I've been working on my swing and playing, so I suppose I'm thinking I should take a break of tinkering with my swing for a bit since I feel like a dog chasing my tail. It seems like a cycle of Work on Key 1... looking better. Work on posture... looking better but now Key 1 issues are worse. Oops, grip is out of whack. OK, that's fixed, but flippin chicken wing has re-emerged... Oh crap, back to Key 1 again and posture has reverted back to upright. ::sigh::

So take this as a little advice then for when you get back into it: don't submit videos until you feel you have things down a bit more. If that's one every three weeks, that's fine. Sometimes submission rates early on are high, and that's fine because it's something like the grip or a posture thing, but sometimes if you don't really make those a part of your swing and kind of assume "you've got them" then they slip and we have to go back to them, creating the cycle you've said above.

So, a little more dedication will save you time in the long (and short) run when you do start up again.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So take this as a little advice then for when you get back into it: don't submit videos until you feel you have things down a bit more. If that's one every three weeks, that's fine. Sometimes submission rates early on are high, and that's fine because it's something like the grip or a posture thing, but sometimes if you don't really make those a part of your swing and kind of assume "you've got them" then they slip and we have to go back to them, creating the cycle you've said above.

So, a little more dedication will save you time in the long (and short) run when you do start up again.

Thanks and who knows what the time frame is. It could be days or weeks, but my brain needs a break from the grind. I am a bit confused though. I post videos to get an update on my progress when it seems like I am making progress (to me at least), and something else is mentioned. I take that as confirmation that I need to move on. With all this, I'm not sure what I should be working on right now. It seems my priorities vary depending on what we're talking about. I have Key 1 issues, but primarily with the driver. Slouching Tiger comes and goes. I'm thinking it was bad last weekend since my neck and shoulders were stiff from the drive out. At one point, @cbrian didn't think I had a Key 3 issue, but I'm thinking maybe it was just that one isolated time it didn't seem bad. The last feedback mentioned too much separation between my forearms. Focusing on that actually has helped my iron play tremendously. Perhaps I'm being too much of a stupid monkey???

- Shane

• Administrator

Short answer: I think sometimes we assume that if you post a video, you feel you "have it" - whatever piece you were working on. So we give you something new. But if you don't have it, you divert attention away from that piece, and onto the new one, and the old piece gets progressively worse.

The best method is to submit a video when you feel you have the piece down nearly cold, or to be very clear that you're only looking on feedback on whether you're doing that particular piece properly and you still need time to get it down and don't want another piece.

Short answer: I think sometimes we assume that if you post a video, you feel you "have it" - whatever piece you were working on. So we give you something new. But if you don't have it, you divert attention away from that piece, and onto the new one, and the old piece gets progressively worse.

The best method is to submit a video when you feel you have the piece down nearly cold, or to be very clear that you're only looking on feedback on whether you're doing that particular piece properly and you still need time to get it down and don't want another piece.

I'll do that. I think my problem is that when it "have it" doesn't mean that I "keep it". I can foresee myself working on Key #1 with the driver from now until they put me in a wood box. :-\

Hopefully a long time from now.

- Shane

Played a scramble today with @Jeremie Boop and another guy who was lucky to actually make contact with the ball . Driver was mostly good and I'm definitely happy with the Bio Cell. Irons were hit and miss. I was being VERY cautious about putting too much weight on my left ankle. It was OK except for a few times I stepped on it wrong. Putting was good today. I dropped a few long ones and lipped quite a few others. It's amazing how much better I putt on good greens.

- Shane

• Administrator

Oh yeah. I almost forgot to mention that I tried Aimpoint on a few of the long ones that I either drained or nearly missed.

Aren't those the same thing? :-)

Oh yeah. I almost forgot to mention that I tried Aimpoint on a few of the long ones that I either drained or nearly missed.

Why aren't you Aimpointing all of them? And I agree with Erik, nearly missed = drained.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!