IGNORED

Ben Hogan Irons to Return in 2015

Note: This thread is 3227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you're going into a venture like this, I'd do it like Edel.

Customized Everything

Clubbuilder Distribution

Choice of sole grinds for turf interaction

Cavity Backs that looked like Hogan would hit them but updated tech

Blades that looked like Hogan would hit them and updated tech

They should have come out with a pro combo-like set.

CB's in 3-6, Blades in 7-PW

or any combo a player wants

Sort of like ... Edel.

(IMHO, the new Hogans do not look good and offer too much offset, wide sole)

I give this one season, maybe two if they want to hold on.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're going into a venture like this, I'd do it like Edel.

Customized Everything

Clubbuilder Distribution

Choice of sole grinds for turf interaction

Cavity Backs that looked like Hogan would hit them but updated tech

Blades that looked like Hogan would hit them and updated tech

They should have come out with a pro combo-like set.

CB's in 3-6, Blades in 7-PW

or any combo a player wants

Sort of like ... Edel.

(IMHO, the new Hogans do not look good and offer too much offset, wide sole)

I give this one season, maybe two if they want to hold on.

You do realize this model does increase the perimeter weighting as lofts become more stronger basically they are doing exactly what you said.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I was just giving a hard time Shorty .  Have  you actually tried out the clubs or just don't like how they look.

I think they're good clubs but they don't look like musclebacks or previous Hogan irons.like these

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

They remind me of Reid Lockhart blades. In my opinion, they are hoping the name alone, will entice those folks with levels of expendable income, to hit upon the "newest on the block". I also think it's very gimmicky (except the wedges) to have loft degrees instead of club numbers, although that's fairly easy to offset. Now I have to wonder, since the reference to Ping and how they started, if Hogan will follow in offering a full color code system for lies. As you can see by my avatar, the hogan blades I play are the 80-84 director model, which I consider the best Hogan ever made. I've played the Apex models and the cavity back models, that Hogan himself most likely would have trashed, from what was told about him and I still prefer the director blades.

Hate crowned cups.

I think they're good clubs but they don't look like musclebacks or previous Hogan irons.like these

I think those and the Apex Plus (my irons) from that series were really sharp looking.

The new incarnation isn't as refined, but it's good how they tried to make the cavity backing at least somewhat subtle. I really like the build a set by loft concept. I'm not really in the market for a new set, but I would almost want to buy to support the re-launch and what they are trying to do. Are they out in shops where you can test play them yet?

Kevin

Yep, player's irons.

But not traditional blades or musclebacks.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Hey everyone. I was checking out the new Hogan Ft. Worths and I saw that they also had the "patented V-Sole." I am just wondering what exactly the patent protects. Does it prevent any other company from having 2 bounces on their soles? That seems unfair and excessive if it is true.

Hey everyone. I was checking out the new Hogan Ft. Worths and I saw that they also had the "patented V-Sole." I am just wondering what exactly the patent protects. Does it prevent any other company from having 2 bounces on their soles? That seems unfair and excessive if it is true.

Some of the Srixon irons have the same thing so I'm figuring the patent has to do more with the name and its' marketing than the actual design feature. If you look here http://srixon.com/clubs/z-545-irons/ you'll see they refer to the same thing as their "V.T." sole

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Probably not, there are many irons and wedges out there that have different grinds and those designs have been around before SCOR Golf. They may have patented a specific sole design but it's nothing as broad as "we're the only company to have a sole with multiple bounce options".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

A typical iron.

My first question.

What makes the old Ben Hogan iron so special? I sometimes get the feeling the only reason those irons are suprior it is because mr. Hogan's name was on it. What made them special? The building proces? The way that they were forged? The type of metal they used?

Secondly.

I like to see those irons in a shop. I am not sure about the quality. If it comes to forged irons, my suggestion would be to buy a Japanese forged iron. Nothing comes close.

The new ones look like they're a bit more my speed. Might have to try these things out.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

The new ones look like they're a bit more my speed. Might have to try these things out.

I really like them, but I'm not sure if there is anywhere by me where I can test them out. Just for kicks, I filled out their HoganFit system and they "perscribed" a set of seven irons and four wedges for me, to the tune of $1,600. I'm digging out my Monopoly set as we speak ;-) It wasn't much of a "fitting," all the program did was take my highest lofted wedge and stick 4° gaps between each club. I'd hope actual fitters do more than just that in person.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I really like them, but I'm not sure if there is anywhere by me where I can test them out. Just for kicks, I filled out their HoganFit system and they "perscribed" a set of seven irons and four wedges for me, to the tune of $1,600. I'm digging out my Monopoly set as we speak ;-) It wasn't much of a "fitting," all the program did was take my highest lofted wedge and stick 4° gaps between each club. I'd hope actual fitters do more than just that in person.

Real club fittings should include loft/lie adjustments, shaft flex, and a few other things. But no, just picking together a set of clubs with 4* gap between each is not fitting.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Hi People

I have been looking at the reviews and comments on the new Hogan Ft Worth 15 irons.  Following the companies move to new owners, these sticks have come out this year and I have to say I think they look classic, and I like the ideas behind the design.

Some say the sound and ball flight is unique, and special?

As we all know, the golf world is full of companies assuring us that they have just invented the best club ever, and found the hidden secret that has eluded everyone else in the past, and then they usually say something similar about six months later!!

So, have you tried them? do you use them? have they got the wow factor?

Or are we looking at a marketing drive by an old favourite that's looking for a way to get back on the shop shelves, and return to the big league without actually having a product that's any more or less than the others?

Looking forward to your comments...............

Driver - Cleveland Launcher XL270
3 Wood - Cleveland Launcher HT FL3W
Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Irons -  Mizuno MP54 5i - Pitch
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Rotex
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

Hi People

I have been looking at the reviews and comments on the new Hogan Ft Worth 15 irons.  Following the companies move to new owners, these sticks have come out this year and I have to say I think they look classic, and I like the ideas behind the design.

Some say the sound and ball flight is unique, and special?

As we all know, the golf world is full of companies assuring us that they have just invented the best club ever, and found the hidden secret that has eluded everyone else in the past, and then they usually say something similar about six months later!!

So, have you tried them? do you use them? have they got the wow factor?

Or are we looking at a marketing drive by an old favourite that's looking for a way to get back on the shop shelves, and return to the big league without actually having a product that's any more or less than the others?

Looking forward to your comments...............

I moved your post to this thread. It's pretty much the most comprehensive thread we have on the Ft. Worth 15 irons. Not sure anybody has really spent any time with them, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I moved your post to this thread. It's pretty much the most comprehensive thread we have on the Ft. Worth 15 irons. Not sure anybody has really spent any time with them, though.

Thanks dude.

Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

See, this is part of the problem. I assume SCOR make some pretty decent wedges, but they have to resort to shopping channel BS sales tactics to get any sales against market leaders - you only have to look at their website and their pricing structure to realise they are a mile away from being a premium brand. Considering you can get a market leading wedge with tour validation much cheaper too, means they are frankly delusional. Throwing Ben Hogan into the same sort of marketing would be either a desperate act to prop up a  wedge brand lacking in sales, or financial disaster for a brand that deserves to be sold on it's own merit - rather than BS. In an industry already dominated by established brands producing quality forged clubs, I would think that the hopes of selling the Hogan brand would be well advised to distance itself from such marketing employed by SCOR.

I have seen two independent reviews of this years Hogan Ft Worth 15 forged irons, and both had nothing but praise for a quality product befitting the name. Good job.

Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

Note: This thread is 3227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!