Sign in to follow this  
David in FL

Masters ticket lottery

They're now accepting entries for 2015 tickets and have recently expanded the lottery to include tournament day passes too.

Here's the link for anyone who'd like to throw their name in. https://tickets.masters.com/app/welcome

Once you establish an account, they'll email you a reminder every year.  Someone from my little group has been selected for practice round tickets 3 times over the last 10 years or so.  Not great odds, but not all that bad either.

Good luck all.....and remember, if you're selected, and can't use the tickets, where you got this info. ;-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I won the opportunity to buy them a few years ago. $50 a pop, a great deal. I think they are $65 now but who would complain about that?

They're now accepting entries for 2015 tickets and have recently expanded the lottery to include tournament day passes too.

Here's the link for anyone who'd like to throw their name in.  https://tickets.masters.com/app/welcome

Once you establish an account, they'll email you a reminder every year.  Someone from my little group has been selected for practice round tickets 3 times over the last 10 years or so.  Not great odds, but not all that bad either.

Good luck all.....and remember, if you're selected, and can't use the tickets, where you got this info.

Excellent!  Thanks @David in FL ! :beer: This would be the most amazing gift for my dad if I got lucky.

I won the opportunity to buy them a few years ago. $50 a pop, a great deal. I think they are $65 now but who would complain about that?

Yeah, it looks like $65 for the practice rounds and $100 for tournament days.  A steal no matter which way you look at it.

Excellent!  Thanks @David in FL!    This would be the most amazing gift for my dad if I got lucky.

Yeah, it looks like $65 for the practice rounds and $100 for tournament days.  A steal no matter which way you look at it.

Especially considering you could easily resell them for a lot more than what you pay. You'd profit enough to cover an entire Ohio golfing season, including new clubs, shoes, balls and apparel. Probably enough left over to buy some bottles of your favorite drink too and make a car payment while you're at it.

Thx for the info! Just went over to sign up.

Resell them? Wow......never.

Agreed.  If I got lucky but couldn't use them, or find anybody else close who could, they'll go to David. ;)

It was interesting that you could apply for 4 tickets for practice round days, but only a pair of tickets to tournament days.  It will be a nice dilemma to have to decide who to take. ;)

Resell them? Wow......never.

I would think that I would not personally do that, but it is definitely an option. I think if I had the right offer of $3,000 per ticket like somebody else here in Ohio did... it would at least be something to consider. I honestly can't say the thought wouldn't cross my mind with the right offer if I were lucky enough to be holding them.

They really need to find a way to prevent scalping because I'm guessing a large % of the people who enter the lottery are doing it for that reason. They have your name/information when you enter the lottery- why not sync up the ticket to your name and make each person show ID as they enter the grounds to show it's their ticket?? Yes it's not a perfect solution and some people would find ways around it, but it would cut down on a lot of the scalping.

Entered yesterday for all tourney days plus the Tuesday practice round. Fingers crossed!

Entered yesterday for all tourney days plus the Tuesday practice round. Fingers crossed!

Same, except I entered for the max on all practice rounds and tournament rounds.

Entered yesterday for Thurs. Through Sunday...not heading all the way to Georgia for a practice round. Fingers crossed, currently hunting a four leaf clover, etc....

Entered yesterday for Thurs. Through Sunday...not heading all the way to Georgia for a practice round. Fingers crossed, currently hunting a four leaf clover, etc....

I've been to both and practice rounds are awesome. Lots more interaction with the players and you can bring in your cellphone/camera. Wednesday in particular is fun for the par 3 tourney.

I've been to both and practice rounds are awesome. Lots more interaction with the players and you can bring in your cellphone/camera. Wednesday in particular is fun for the par 3 tourney.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say.  Well, I was only going to presume it because I've never been there.  I just know that other tournaments allow cameras during practice rounds, there is more interaction, smaller crowds, etc, etc.

And for me, it would be a lot more about just being able to be at Augusta and cross that off my bucket list.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say.  Well, I was only going to presume it because I've never been there.  I just know that other tournaments allow cameras during practice rounds, there is more interaction, smaller crowds, etc, etc.

And for me, it would be a lot more about just being able to be at Augusta and cross that off my bucket list.

You would have a totallly different perspective of the place when watching it on television. The elevation changes are stunning. Everybody told me that before I went and it is so true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefkve

Yea, that's why I signed up for just Tuesday, so I could use my camera in a less intense atmosphere. Plus, I do love watching it on television, so going to just the practice round wouldn't be such a bad thing for me.

I would've done Monday and Wednesday too, but wasn't terribly determined to see a practice round. If I win Tuesday, great, but what I really want is a tourney day. Still, yea, just seeing the grounds up close, bucket list write-off like @Golfingdad said, it'll be worth it.

I've been lucky enough to go twice - Thursday round 2012, and Monday this year (rainout) - it's so worth it! I'm going back next year because they are honoring the tickets from this year that got rained out.