IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep. A couple more pars and it's his. A certainty. Almost.

Unless Badds stops making triples to go with his 5 birdies per round

Adam Scott might be the shocker of the day. Really thought he was going to take advantage of the softer conditions today.

Even more than Bubba?

James

In Miami between planes coming back from Punta Cana. 30 TV's in the airport bar and they're all on the freaking World Cup instead of the US Open. This Country Is doomed....!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Miami between planes coming back from Punta Cana. 30 TV's in the airport bar and they're all on the freaking World Cup instead of the US Open.

This Country Is doomed....!

Instead of the US what? ;-)

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(5W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

In Miami between planes coming back from Punta Cana. 30 TV's in the airport bar and they're all on the freaking World Cup instead of the US Open.

The World Cup is much more of an Event than the US Open...

I had the Brazil game on over the golf.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Even more than Bubba?

Yeah, I wasn't big on Bubba this week after he hated on the golf course. That usually has bad results.

I'm a big Soccer/World Cup fan so I'm not going to say I'd be upset. It is the biggest event in the world. I had two tvs going at my house. But surprised they didn't have at least 1 on the golf. I guess that's what a Tiger-less world is like.

Dang it. Wake up this morning to find my third pick in he competition is not in the field haha. Wonder where he went

Same here. I had thomas Bjorn and I just found out he withdrew via injury. How about Kaymer!!?? 5 UNDER

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Martin Kaymer's about as interesting as Brendon Todd....

Hahaha...I agree kind of. Though I became a fan when he was talking about his mom during the Players/mothers day weekend. He just seems like an exceedingly nice guy.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hahaha...I agree kind of. Though I became a fan when he was talking about his mom during the Players/mothers day weekend. He just seems like an exceedingly nice guy.

He seems like a nice fella, just incredibly boring....Although i am a fan of Furyk, Na, and Goosen so i have no room to talk

Riley

• Administrator

Yes, almost anyone before Martin Kaymer, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I could live with a Kaymer victory. I'd rather not see Na or McDowell win though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I could live with a Kaymer victory. I'd rather not see Na or McDowell win though.

No Na. I would love to see G-Mac win, though. He's always been one of my favorites.

Kaymer is blah....even though I put him up there with Stenson and McIlroy as the best Euro players in the world.

Kaymer is blah....even though I put him up there with Stenson and McIlroy as the best Euro players in the world.

Odd how people react to particular players. Kaymer seems an OK, approachable sort of guy. It's not as if Woods, for example, is an appealing individual off the golf course, or has anything remotely interesting to say. And Kaymer's a hell of a player, as you observe.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Odd how people react to particular players. Kaymer seems an OK, approachable sort of guy. It's not as if Woods, for example, is an appealing individual off the golf course, or has anything remotely interesting to say.

And Kaymer's a hell of a player, as you observe.

I have no problem with him. Nice guy. Just a bit boring personality. But like someone mentioned above, so do a lot of the top players on Tour. I like guys like Scott, Goosen and Furyk and they're just as boring.

Can someone explain the rules on grounding the club in the native areas? I'm watching a replay and I notice no one is grounding the club.

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!