IGNORED

What distracts you the most while playing golf?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that this could be annoying, but I honestly never ran into this situation yet.

I think it would be in extremely poor taste and bad etiquette to blare music on a course though. Never understood how some people are missing that little thing inside of us that says "Hey, maybe what you're doing, or what you're about to do, is not cool. Don't do it you selfish bastard!". I guess it's a birth defect, because it definitely can't be taught.

Guys, we're not talking a giant boom box here......an I-phone and a little Bluetooth speaker.  You literally cannot hear it more than 20 feet away.  It's not bothering the rest of the course.  Really....

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Myself and my buds use music all the time ... Like Dave said, it is not blaring ... In fact, if your not by our cart you can not hear it ... We like it and will continue to use it ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Guys, we're not talking a giant boom box here......an I-phone and a little Bluetooth speaker.  You literally cannot hear it more than 20 feet away.  It's not bothering the rest of the course.  Really....

No, that may be what you are talking about, I'm talking about an iphone with 1 or 2 large-ish speakers, similar to the size you typically have connected to a computer which can be heard much further away than 20 feet.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

When people simply keep jabbering and talking small talk - they simply lower their voices of the conversation, they don't whisper, they just lower their voice and pretend that it's enough...

I keep making practice swings until they stop talking.... :whistle:

I said I never ran into this before, but I think you're imagining a tiny little ear-piece sized speaker. A buddy of mine does have speakers similar to what these guys are talking about and they are not only loud, but you'll hear them 150 feet away, not just 20 feet away.

Hell, I don't even think I would say anything to someone playing music because it wouldn't bother me personally. I can also say that you can hear my iPhone from a hell of a lot farther than 20 feet as well when using iHeart or Pandora without an external speaker.

I said I never ran into this before, but I think you're imagining a tiny little ear-piece sized speaker. A buddy of mine does have speakers similar to what these guys are talking about and they are not only loud, but you'll hear them 150 feet away, not just 20 feet away.

Hell, I don't even think I would say anything to someone playing music because it wouldn't bother me personally. I can also say that you can hear my iPhone from a hell of a lot farther than 20 feet as well when using iHeart or Pandora without an external speaker.

As I said earlier....my buddy and I play music.  iHeart and a little Bluetooth jambox.  It ain't loud and it sure isn't able to be heard by anyone outside of our group.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

As I said earlier....my buddy and I play music.  iHeart and a little Bluetooth jambox.  It ain't loud and it sure isn't able to be heard by anyone outside of our group.

Then that is obviously not a problem, or the problem that these other guys brought up. What they're talking about is hearing other people's music - not seeing someone listen to music. If people can hear it, it may be a distraction for the people hearing it. If other people can't hear it, no problem can stem from that.

I don't care either way. I wouldn't be bothered by music, or be dumb enough to blast it where other people in different fairways and greens could hear it. I'm not easily bothered or distracted.

I think @Jeremie Boop t people being blatantly dumb and literally blasting music from some powerful little bluetooth bookshelf speakers.

When people simply keep jabbering and talking small talk - they simply lower their voices of the conversation, they don't whisper, they just lower their voice and pretend that it's enough...

I keep making practice swings until they stop talking....

My normal address and "get comfortable" in the extended time setup position tends to quite things down for about 20 to 30 seconds.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What they're talking about is hearing other people's music - not seeing someone listen to music.

Reading that INSTANTLY made me think about this scene from Caddyshack..

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I don't mind music as long as it's not anything overly obnoxious (rap) and I have heard people blasting this garbage out there on occasion and the marshal has had to shut it down. People with earphones listening to music does bother me though because they are intentionally tuning out what is going on around them and I consider that rude towards the other people in the group especially if you don't know them, had a young guy just last week doing this exact crap and his partners had to damn near yell at him to get his attention, the other thing is people driving up in a cart on the tee box when your clearly getting ready to hit, seriously how rude can someone get by rolling that thing up then jamming the brakes to a stop that almost causes a chirp or sometimes does. We have a hole that has the cart path suddenly shoot out into the middle of the teeing area on the next hole and I cant count how many times I have seen people that do not pay attention shoot out in front of others getting ready to hit.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Yeah that crap with the driving the carts up to the tees is actually really damn annoying. Especially the ones at my local course..they are like diesel and are loud as all hell. What's even worse is when the dumb ass driving the cart realizes he distracted you, and then tries to back the cart up. Listening to the rickety old gears trying to switch to reverse inside the cart is as loud as the thing itself.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I don't mind music as long as it's not anything overly obnoxious (rap) and I have heard people blasting this garbage out there on occasion and the marshal has had to shut it down. People with earphones listening to music does bother me though because they are intentionally tuning out what is going on around them and I consider that rude towards the other people in the group especially if you don't know them, had a young guy just last week doing this exact crap and his partners had to damn near yell at him to get his attention, the other thing is people driving up in a cart on the tee box when your clearly getting ready to hit, seriously how rude can someone get by rolling that thing up then jamming the brakes to a stop that almost causes a chirp or sometimes does. We have a hole that has the cart path suddenly shoot out into the middle of the teeing area on the next hole and I cant count how many times I have seen people that do not pay attention shoot out in front of others getting ready to hit.

Different people like different types of music, what you find unpleasant others don't. Censoring one type of music over another *unless it's based solely on inappropriate lyrics such as curse words or sexual content* is unfair. I don't like country music but I don't want to hear rap/rock/opera/or anything else either when I'm on the course. If you have it playing quietly and I don't hear it, then obviously it's not an issue, but if I can hear it then it is just as bad as if you were talking loudly or laughing loud or whatever.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Course in housing developments can be loud. I get people like to have a good time in their own homes but at times it seems they yell on purpose just to be jerky.

Dave :-)

Course in housing developments can be loud. I get people like to have a good time in their own homes but at times it seems they yell on purpose just to be jerky.

I'm sure, just like the goofballs who honk or yell out on the road as they drive by the course too. Some people have no filter.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Haha! Just rap?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Haha! Just rap?

It's at the top of a short list. ;-)

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Myself and my buds use music all the time ... Like Dave said, it is not blaring ... In fact, if your not by our cart you can not hear it ... We like it and will continue to use it ...

...regardless of who else it might bother?  (that's what your comment sounds like)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

So what? So let's dance!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!