Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albatross

Tony Gwynn dead at age 54.

12 posts in this topic

Sad news for baseball.  Not going to get preachy, but stop chewing tobacco, kids.  I guarantee Tony wishes he had.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

whaaaaaaaaat????

oh man.....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very sad news indeed.

Very sad news. Gwynn was my favorite baseball player, hands down, and this is coming from an Angel's fan. Of all the things that were missed in the players strike of '94, I think Gwynn's chase for .400 was the biggest loss. I remember opening up the box score every morning and like clockwork, Gwynn was putting together another multi hit game. I still think he could have made a run at Ted Williams, the way he was hitting.

Damn, had not heard this. Too young, great hitter. RIP Tony Gwynn.

Very sad news. Gwynn was my favorite baseball player, hands down, and this is coming from an Angel's fan. Of all the things that were missed in the players strike of '94, I think Gwynn's chase for .400 was the biggest loss. I remember opening up the box score every morning and like clockwork, Gwynn was putting together another multi hit game. I still think he could have made a run at Ted Williams, the way he was hitting.

No doubt.

Very sad news. Hard to find someone who did not like his game.

I'm 4 years younger than Gwynn was, but I have a couple of things in common with him – being fat and dipping forever. Time to clean my act up.

I'm 4 years younger than Gwynn was, but I have a couple of things in common with him – being fat and dipping forever. Time to clean my act up.

Best of luck to you. If his death helps you turn around your habits, you've helped turn something sad into something positive.

Tony Gwynn seemed to love the sport he played. Hearing espn reel of his offensive stats are remarkable, nobody will ever be able to carve their way into the history books the way he beautifully did. not to mention his numerous gold gloves, he was one of the greats. It is without question a sad day for baseball indeed.

Dude, best of luck to you. Not something you want to mess around with...