IGNORED

2014 Open Championship (British Open) at Royal Liverpool Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

He didn't win because he didn't write ""I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver""? Tough. Such a great guess as well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

He didn't win because he didn't write ""I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver""? Tough. Such a great guess as well.

We probably would have accepted his second entry (and just deleted his first) if he hadn't changed the scores in re-posting.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I swear I'm not bitter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

We probablyΒ would have accepted his second entry (and just deleted his first) if he hadn't changed the scores in re-posting.

Correct, he changed the scores and that's what invalidated his entries.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Ouch...

Rory McIlroyΒ  -17

Victor DubuissonΒ  -17

Joost LuitenΒ  -17

(I think this is going to be a scoring fest)

-Rich

• Administrator
If that's true, who ever is enforcing that rule, I wish you many years of a sexless marriage.

It's almost entirely the second entry with different scores that did it.

Preliminarily, it's @saevel25 with the win and @Yukari with second place. If anyone sees any differently, please post soon.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Probably posted before.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It's almost entirely the second entry with different scores that did it.

Preliminarily, it's @saevel25Β with the win and @YukariΒ with second place. If anyone sees any differently, please post soon.

Haha, behave, if his first entry didn't count and was invalid, then it shouldn't matter what he put or changed, his first valid entry was Rory at -17..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3 View Post

Ouch...

Again, it probably would have been fine if he didn't change the scores

Quote:
- One entry per person and per household. Any additional entries or modifications invalidate all entries.

Mike McLoughlin

So is it really gonna be Rory for the next decade? Or is he actually gonna have some competition from the youngsters? I need more out of Spieth before I will crown him like TGC has.

This era isn't going to be defined by a single player, and I'm fine with that. The key thing right now is that we're in a five-year run of great champions who will never appear on a "worst players to win a major" list. The generation of players burdened with the "next Tiger" expectations are playing the best golf of their careers in their early thirties, and the generation in their twenties has been very good from the beginning.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Haha, behave, if his first entry didn't count and was invalid, then it shouldn't matter what he put or changed, his first valid entry was Rory at -17..

His first entry wasn't invalid, he just needed to quote his post and add the "Big Bertha" text. Just as these guys did

http://thesandtrap.com/t/75362/2014-british-open-contest-win-a-callaway-big-bertha-driver/18#post_1009858

http://thesandtrap.com/t/75362/2014-british-open-contest-win-a-callaway-big-bertha-driver/18#post_1010062

He didn't do that and modified the scores, invalidating his entry in the contest.

Mike McLoughlin

Congrats @saevel25 on the win.

I really wished the Open app had the ability to disable push notifications.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

I really wished the Open app had the ability to disable push notifications.

Settings -> Notifications

Or something like that on iOS anyway.

Settings -> Notifications

Or something like that on iOS anyway.

I went through every possible menu screen for the android but no "settings" menu was available.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

android

Can't help you there.

Really interesting press conference from Adam Scott. Seems a little salty.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland:Β CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note:Β This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!