IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

January 12 - In shorts baby!

Working on getting hands lower at A6 and right elbow more in front. Add into a little float load too. Trying to change the picture.

Started with chips

7 iron punches

7 iron 3/4

Driver punches

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

January 12 - In shorts baby!

It was warm here, too, but way too windy for my net so I didn’t practice.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Jan 26 working on right elbow coming more in front from A4 to A6 and rotating around more than sliding hips forward. All this to get lower hands at A6. The elbow is getting a bit stuck between 5 and 6. The feel is deep hands on the backswing, then more out and around on the downswing with the elbow leading.

some progress but a ways to go.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Hi.  I'm struggling a bit with just brushing the ground slightly before the ball with the driver.  I don't hit the ball far, probably only averaging 190-200 off the tee which most friends can't understand as they say my swing looks great.

I've taken regular lessons over the last few years and at 1 point last year I upped to distance to an average of 230 which I'd be over the moon with now.  This cam from the instructor getting me to really fold my left knee in then try and kick it out at the top of the backswing.  I've gone back to this and the distance is still 190-200 but generally straight, htting maybe 70+% of fairways.  I was out with my dad yesterday and mid way through the round he said the 2 best drives I had hit, I rolled my left foot keeping the heel on the ground; I was never really conscious of lifting my left heel (I did deliberately try this a few times previously)  It made sense and felt more comfortable and did hit a couple of better and longer drives the last couple of holes and the irons were definitely better straight away.

A bit side tracked maybe but every practice swing with the driver I still brush the ground slightly and more often than not, maybe 90% of the time will catch the ground forst when teeing up properly so just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can stop this and maybe get that extra 20 or 30 yards.....

Can't seem to upload my swing I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Just now, Jon Cov said:

Hi.  I'm struggling a bit with just brushing the ground slightly before the ball with the driver.  I don't hit the ball far, probably only averaging 190-200 off the tee which most friends can't understand as they say my swing looks great.

I've taken regular lessons over the last few years and at 1 point last year I upped to distance to an average of 230 which I'd be over the moon with now.  This cam from the instructor getting me to really fold my left knee in then try and kick it out at the top of the backswing.  I've gone back to this and the distance is still 190-200 but generally straight, htting maybe 70+% of fairways.  I was out with my dad yesterday and mid way through the round he said the 2 best drives I had hit, I rolled my left foot keeping the heel on the ground; I was never really conscious of lifting my left heel (I did deliberately try this a few times previously)  It made sense and felt more comfortable and did hit a couple of better and longer drives the last couple of holes and the irons were definitely better straight away.

A bit side tracked maybe but every practice swing with the driver I still brush the ground slightly and more often than not, maybe 90% of the time will catch the ground forst when teeing up properly so just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can stop this and maybe get that extra 20 or 30 yards.....

Can't seem to upload my swing I'm afraid.

Thanks.

You want to start your own thread. To upload a video, upload to YouTube first, then post the link in your thread. If you look at one of my videos, you will see it is a YouTube video. I post them as Unlisted. 

Read the thread below. It give details.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I got 4 days of practice in a row. Worked on the same things each day from my last lesson. The first part is a drill that was shown to me from Mac O. I’m not quite holding the finish right yet.  It it is improving lower hands at A6.

Applying it to 7 iron and driver. Wearing a glove on the right hand because my thumb was dry and cracking. Still more work to do.

• Upvote 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Is that green grass? In Boston? In Feb? What's going on heeye...? 🤔

Not much snow this year. Oops, I just jinxed it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scott, you're in Mirror Vision's Instagram Story! That's you right?

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 1.28.39 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

They used my tweet:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

3 hours ago, iacas said:

They used my tweet:

My 15 minutes of fame!

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My 15 minutes of fame!

If you post a video of yourself using your PlaneMate, David Woods will put you in his story. He does for almost everyone. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

If you post a video of yourself using your PlaneMate, David Woods will put you in his story. He does for almost everyone. 🙂

The Evolvr, MirrorVision, PlaneMate trifecta! I will definitely film that!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Today’s work. Did PlaneMate Day 1 and 3 protocols and filmed them. For Day 1, did the drill without the ball too, but did not film. Did day 2 yesterday in the basement. Then did a few 7 iron drills from my Evolvr lesson. Filmed one full 7 iron. It was about 33F.

The last one of these Day 3 was done the best. Mirror Vision really helps you see that.

When you take the PlaneMate off, the club feels really weird. It’s heavy and your arms have that floating arms feeling. 

7 iron was a bit steep at A6, but overall not bad.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

PlaneMate Day 4 Protocol - Finishing Form

Per the protocol, did 30 reps without the ball and then 30 reps with ball. The hard part for me is retraining my right hand/wrist from flexion through impact and keep it in extension, which I have been working on with my instructor as well. I have that tendency. I finished with 15 chips without the PlaneMate. Then worked on some 7 irons drills.

I think I may do this protocol again before moving on to get it right.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 5 Protocol was a little more challenging for two reasons. First, getting the feel for relaxing was a bit hard because you are resisting against the band. I got better at it, but need to do this one a few more times. Second, the clamp kept shifting. I added tape and sanded the nubs as was instructed, but it made the session a bit disjointed. I think I want the shaft to flatten a lot more too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Repeated the Day 5 protocol indoors without a ball. Reviewing the video, I think that is what they wanted me to do. Did them slower too and they felt better.

Scott

My Swing Thread