IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

There was one tee this Sunday that I almost moved. It was pointing 30 or more degrees away from the fairway. We were staring at it like WTF!

I swear, there are people on the greens maintenance crew who never played golf in their life...

• 2 weeks later...

Filmed my driver and 6 iron swing for Evolvr. I’m working on alignment and set up with the shaft pulled back from being pressed forward. This is to help get my swing from coming too far inside. Played a couple of rounds with this set up with some improvements, but also had some bad misses both days. I’m wondering if having the ball too far forward with the driver contributed to this

For the irons, and over draw is the miss. When I set up more right, I get a push 😜 it was so humid this morning I had to wear rain gloves in the end.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Working on more secondary axis tilt in my set up pre my Evolvr lesson. I think I could still do a bit more.

Scott

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Working on more secondary axis tilt in my set up pre my Evolvr lesson.

Not sure why you're doing that. Why don't you just wait until you get feedback on what you should work on? :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Not sure why you're doing that. Why don't you just wait until you get feedback on what you should work on? :-P

It is my priority piece. He told me to work on it and send in a video after a week or two. I had sent in a video two weeks ago. This is an update.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It is my priority piece. He told me to work on it and send in a video after a week or two. I had sent in a video two weeks ago. This is an update.

Duh, Bill.

😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by MOODMAN

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Range work today for about an hour and a half. Warmed up then worked on driver and 6 iron set up, takeaway and downswing.

Started with some mapping drills hitting from A5 to A9. Then a few “Mac” drills stopping at A9 to get warmed up. Then I slowed things way down and worked on set up with more secondary axis tilt. I did slow takeaway, transition to A5 feeling the club head drop behind me. Then slow swings, maybe 50% through impact to A9. I really wanted to dial in the feel of the shaft flattening and swinging around to impact and not down. I eventually speed things up with a few full swings looking at ball flight. For the most part then started right and curved depending on how open the face was.

I repeated this work with a 6 iron using the same process. 6 iron flight was high and drew a little bit.

I finished with wedges and long pitches. Using the pitch swing feel, I can hit a PW about 75 yard comfortably from a hard surface. I may use this more from tight lies. It seems to be more forgiving.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Working on secondary axis tilt at address and key 5 club face control. I obviously can’t see ball flight, but the feel is keeping the hands and wrists from turning over too soon after impact. On the range it was feeling like I was trying to fade the ball by holding off the wrists turning over. The shirt I’m wearing in the face on is perfect to see secondary axis tilt!😀

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Im going back in your thread to when your were working on clearing the hips and taking anything I can back with me haha.

Also, I love your mat! Did you build that yourself? 

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

1 hour ago, ShaftFarmer said:

Im going back in your thread to when your were working on clearing the hips and taking anything I can back with me haha.

Also, I love your mat! Did you build that yourself? 

Yes. I’ve made some mods since it first put it together. I got tired on hitting on the slope of my driveway.

The Covid Day 5 drill is similar. 

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Update - I haven’t been able to swing a club for over a week. I pulled or tore some shitty little muscle in my back near my shoulder blade doing renovations on my cottage. Not sure which muscle it is (maybe the rhomboideus major?), but the sanding motion or any motion that moves the shoulder blade in and out feels like I am being stabbed. I can’t even do pitches.

I’ve been icing and heating it and trying not to aggravate it. The thing that stinks is the renovation is almost complete and it was finally golf time. Major bummed right now.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Update - I haven’t been able to swing a club for over a week. I pulled or tore some shitty little muscle in my back near my shoulder blade doing renovations on my cottage. Not sure which muscle it is (maybe the rhomboideus major?), but the sanding motion or any motion that moves the shoulder blade in and out feels like I am being stabbed. I can’t even do pitches.

I’ve been icing and heating it and trying not to aggravate it. The thing that stinks is the renovation is almost complete and it was finally golf time. Major bummed right now.

Yeah, so sorry to have heard that in our chat. Those are tough to "help" too because the shoulder blade often gets in the way. Is it tender when you push on it? If so maybe it's more external.

Consider going to someone who can "cup" you. Cupping and/or KT tape can pull the skin away so more blood can get to the area and help you to heal faster.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Is it tender when you push on it? If so maybe it's more external.

Sorry to hear this Scott. But yeah, Erik’s right with this. If you can palpate the area and it’s tender you’d be best with NSAIDs and Ice/heat applications 20min each with 10minutes spacing. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, so sorry to have heard that in our chat. Those are tough to "help" too because the shoulder blade often gets in the way. Is it tender when you push on it? If so maybe it's more external.

Consider going to someone who can "cup" you. Cupping and/or KT tape can pull the skin away so more blood can get to the area and help you to heal faster.

It’s not tender to the touch and I can massage it with my left hand. I will look into KT tape.

43 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Sorry to hear this Scott. But yeah, Erik’s right with this. If you can palpate the area and it’s tender you’d be best with NSAIDs and Ice/heat applications 20min each with 10minutes spacing. 

Thanks. I’ve been cycling ice/heat. It’s weird because other motions have no issue. I can do arm circles and other motions with no pain, so it’s probably not the traps or lats. The other weird one is if I move suddenly like if I drop something, or bump into something when I’m carrying something light, it will tweak it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

51 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It’s weird because other motions have no issue. I can do arm circles and other motions with no pain, so it’s probably not the traps or lats. The other weird one is if I move suddenly like if I drop something, or bump into something when I’m carrying something light, it will tweak it.

Upper back/shoulder injuries are weird like that. My right shoulder has been jacked up for as long as I can remember (I can slip it out of its socket partially just sitting here typing this) and it makes me prone to muscle injuries around my scapula. Some motions don’t bother me at all and others I basically can’t do without experiencing pain. For example, right now I can’t extend my neck to gargle without pain, but I have no problems when swinging a golf club. Sometimes I injure something that only hurts when I’m trying to push, like when doing a bench press. Once in a while I’ll hurt it so badly I need to put my arm in a sling just to support its own weight. I have to be very careful with any movement that involves extending my arm above shoulder level or internally rotating it. Both at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Hope you get better soon.

Bill

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Upper back/shoulder injuries are weird like that. My right shoulder has been jacked up for as long as I can remember (I can slip it out of its socket partially just sitting here typing this) and it makes me prone to muscle injuries around my scapula. Some motions don’t bother me at all and others I basically can’t do without experiencing pain. For example, right now I can’t extend my neck to gargle without pain, but I have no problems when swinging a golf club. Sometimes I injure something that only hurts when I’m trying to push, like when doing a bench press. Once in a while I’ll hurt it so badly I need to put my arm in a sling just to support its own weight. I have to be very careful with any movement that involves extending my arm above shoulder level or internally rotating it. Both at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks Bill. I’m used to managing little nagging injuries. This one is a PITA. 

Scott

My Swing Thread