IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah but Bill Nye also thinks Ken Ham is full of shit so ... Not exactly a credible source. ;) Anybody know how the Vikings (you know, those guys that were actually caught RED HANDED DURING TJE GAME attempting to doctor the balls, unlike the patriots whose evidence is still only circumstantial) investigation is going? Just like all of you, I'm dying to know how that turns out.

They were just trying to get the psi back into the acceptable range because the cold weather deflated the ball. ;)

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but Bill Nye also thinks Ken Ham is full of shit

Which gives Nye even more credibility...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

They are new balls even week, but yes, the teams don't control super bowl balls. Perhaps that's why the pats have done so well and gone so far every year but failed to win the big game. :)

Anyway, Bill Nye says Bill Belicheck is full of shit. So that settles, right @saevel25 and @Golfingdad?http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/bill-nye-the-science-guy-says-bill-belichick-is-full-of-1681658679

And before anyone gets all excited about belicheck's tests, remember that it was 50* last Sunday, and now Boston is under 6 inches of snow with more on the way. His alleged tests were under different conditions. It was unusually warm during the afc championship.

What are you smoking? Pats lost two Super Bowls by two highly unlikely passes. This will be six appearances by Brady and Belichick. This will all be resolved with next Sunday's game.

Josh Gordon faces another possible suspension for failing drug test: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/josh-gordon-reportedly-failed-another-drug-test--suspended-for-year-211412576.html [QUOTE]It'll be a lot harder for Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon and his representatives to come up with excuses for yet another failed test for the league's substances of abuse. Gordon, the wildly talented 2013 All-Pro receiver, failed yet another test and will be suspended for the 2015 season, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported. Pro Football Talk said Gordon tested positive for alcohol, which the league can test him for as a result of his DWI arrest last July. It's almost inconceivable that Gordon would put himself in this position, after having a season-long suspension for a drug test lessened to 10 games last season. After Gordon came back, he was suspended for the season finale for skipping a walk-through practice. That 10-game suspension last year was the result of Gordon's fourth violation of the league's drug policy, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported at the time. And yet he failed another test. Last time around Gordon claimed that he barely crossed the threshold for a positive test for marijuana, and the NFL's threshold was changed after his test. Any excuses this time probably won't be taken too seriously. He said his positive test last year was the result of second-hand smoke. He went to a rehab facility in California. He said he didn't have a drug problem and wanted to make things right with the Browns and the Cleveland fans. "I see myself in a Cleveland Browns uniform, and a return for Josh Gordon," he told OnDeckEr.com last September. "Hopefully this time, the biggest and the best I’ve ever been. Really looking forward to giving the people what they deserve, not letting anyone down, myself included. And exceeding their expectations." That seems very hollow now. Obviously Gordon can't stay out of trouble, a problem he has had since a rocky college career. He'll have plenty of time now to sort through his issues now.[/QUOTE]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

SNL's take on Deflate-gate....

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

The important part:

Quote:

But what has the NFL really found?  As one league source has explained it to PFT, the football intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson was roughly two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum.  The other 10 balls that reportedly were two pounds under may have been, as the source explained it, closer to one pound below 12.5 PSI.

The NFL has yet to share specific information regarding the PSI measurements of the balls that were confiscated and measured at halftime.  Which has allowed the perception of cheating to linger, fueled by the confirmation from Friday that the NFL found underinflated balls, but that the NFL still doesn’t know how they came to be that way.

So all the talk about how they HAD to be cheating because their balls were 2 psi low and the Colts balls were legal ... well I guess that's all null and void now, eh?  Except for the one in possession of the Colts, the rest were all 1 low.  Not hard to believe that could be just from the weather if they all started at the minimum.

And then there's also this (dudes doing an experiment that shows that the balls all could have lost close to 2 psi from weather alone - if its been posted before, I apologize):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

The important part:

So all the talk about how they HAD to be cheating because their balls were 2 psi low and the Colts balls were legal ... well I guess that's all null and void now, eh?  Except for the one in possession of the Colts, the rest were all 1 low.  Not hard to believe that could be just from the weather if they all started at the minimum.

And then there's also this (dudes doing an experiment that shows that the balls all could have lost close to 2 psi from weather alone - if its been posted before, I apologize):

The same weather conditions would apply to the colts balls though.. I already mentioned that I believe this is all much ado about nothing, but the explanation of weather just doesn't fly when it doesn't apply across the board.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The same weather conditions would apply to the colts balls though.. I already mentioned that I believe this is all much ado about nothing, but the explanation of weather just doesn't fly when it doesn't apply across the board.

1 psi is the same amount as the range of allowable pressures. If the colts balls started the day at the high end of the range then they'd be in conformance at the end. But that shouldn't really be the takeaway here. The main takeaway should be that the nfl hasn't said anything yet. The link I posted was just an unconfirmed source, as has been every other report about this nonsense from the beginning.

1 psi is the same amount as the range of allowable pressures. If the colts balls started the day at the high end of the range then they'd be in conformance at the end. But that shouldn't really be the takeaway here. The main takeaway should be that the nfl hasn't said anything yet. The link I posted was just an unconfirmed source, as has been every other report about this nonsense from the beginning.

I was simply responding to the video, but to make the assumption that the colts ball pressure started at the high side when measured is just that, an assumption. Another point is the fact that the colts have already complained about thisnfrom the first meeting, so there is a track record which prevents me from believing that this is an isolated incident. The NFL on the other hand should be putting this to rest instead of just sitting around waiting, although from what I have noticed from them hey might never address the issue to the satisfaction of any of us.

Eyad

Okay, so this anonymous source doesn't say the other 10 were 11.5, he just says they may have been? As in, he has no information to doubt the oroginal source who said they were all 2 psi low, but claims that he knows one was 10.5, and doesnt know what the others were, and that counts as evidence that the others were less than 2 psi under? To me, the rest of the article supports the idea that the pats cheated. They say the nfl knew the pats did this (as in, forget the "they would have beaten the Colts anyway" excuse, they've been doing it all year) and caught them. You really think that some strange circumstance made only their balls fall below the accepted range and they just had the bad luck that it occurred during the nfl's sting operation?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Not true you are assuming the Pats balls started at the same temperature as the Pats balls. If the Pats balls were kept in a room that is heated to help dry out there equipment at 80 degrees and the Colts balls are kept in a storage area that is 60 degrees then we are talking about a 20 degree difference. That would be enough to account for the difference.

I think the Colts balls could have been even colder at the start seeing as they flew in from INDY. As we know luggage that travels in the winter via air is always pretty cold on arrival when traveling in the northeast during the winter.

The important part:

Yet another great experiment that proves how the pats balls lost pressure. The more we delve into this the weaker the case against the Patriots becomes to the point it seems Commissioner Goodel should call an end to this which hunt.

You make no sense. The balls are tested 2 hrs before the game.any difference in temperature between ind and NE would have settled out by then.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Yet another great experiment that proves how the pats balls lost pressure. The more we delve into this the weaker the case against the Patriots becomes to the point it seems Commissioner Goodel should call an end to this which hunt.

You realize that this was pointed out in the first meeting between the two teams right? This game wasn't the first time, it was just the first time the league set up the pats to find out what kind of tricks were up their sleeves.

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!