IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We should be talking about and getting excited for the Super Bowl, not talking about this nonsense.

Why, it's cheaters vs criminals (allegedly)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, it's cheaters vs criminals (allegedly)

Who is who?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Seriously ... that could be said about every possible matchup.

Exactly (unless the Giants are involved of course)

Follow me on twitter

Here's what I've come up with:

Patriots Cheat

*Spygate

*Deflategate

*PED suspensions

Patriots Are Criminals

*Player currently on trial for murdering 3 people.

*Starting RB known more for his sucker punches than his football skills

Seahawks Cheat

* Numerous players with PED suspensions over the past 2 years.

* Coach left USC as sanctions came down for all the violations during his tenure

* Didn't they cut two players because someone slept with Russell Wilson's wife or something?

*Fined $300k this summer for CBA violations

Seahawks Are Criminals

* Coach is a 9/11 truther, which should count here.

My favorite part is Browner, the guy with 2 PED suspensions, one served with each team!

I don't know which of these coaches I like less.  I might actually prefer the Patriots to win because at least their victory will be accompanied by an asterisk.  I don't want Pete Carroll to get a second victory.

I sound like the biggest hater, but these are really the only two coaches in the NFL that i have anything against.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I can't hate petey, seeing his press conferences in new England and new york, he came across as the ultimate dork. The only good thing with a Patriots win is that they still will have zero legitimate championships in my book.

Follow me on twitter

Patriots Are Criminals

*Player currently on trial for murdering 3 people.

*Starting RB known more for his sucker punches than his football skills

That is an incorrect statement. The Patriots themselves as an organization are not criminals. They might be cheaters.  When it comes down to it, you can not control the actions of a player as a organization. It is physically impossible. Where there is a will there is a way. All an organization can do is react to the situation. Just because one of their players got caught up in a situation involving gangs and supposedly murder does not mean the organization is at fault for having that player on the roster before he was charged with murder.

If you are talking about Blount's sucker punch of a Boise State player, he paid his dues being suspended while at Oregon. Good job digging that ancient piece of information up (sarcasm).

Patriots Cheat

*Spygate

*Deflategate

*PED suspensions

1st) Proven

2nd) Not Proven

3rd) So what? There has probably been PED use with in every organization in the NFL. The whole league cheats. Come up with something better.

Seahawks Cheat

* Numerous players with PED suspensions over the past 2 years.

* Coach left USC as sanctions came down for all the violations during his tenure

* Didn't they cut two players because someone slept with Russell Wilson's wife or something?

*Fined $300k this summer for CBA violations

Again so what with the PED use?

Ok, Pete pushed the envelope in terms of what he can gain a competitive advantage with. He crossed the line a few times. Really it isn't about the players receiving benefits from boosters, it is the cover up that gets a program in trouble. Honestly, I never blame a coach for a player doing stupid shit in college. They are 18-22 year olds, who in most cases have a lot of growing up to do. I do blame coaches for lying, covering up, and for not punishing players for their mistakes.

I have no clue about the Wilson's wive thing. Seriously it doesn't bother me. Don't mess with one of wives when it is the starting QB. Guess what, the QB will get your ass canned.

Seahawks Are Criminals

* Coach is a 9/11 truther, which should count here.

How does being a "Truther" make him criminal? Actually don't answer that, this is an NFL thread not a political 9/11 thread. :surrender:

I rather see the Seahawks win this game, but it is a slim margin over the Patriots.

I think the Patriots win this game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm just having fun with @meenman 's comment. :beer:

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

My theory: One of the equipment staff members knew how Brady liked the footballs and made the alteration.

I posted this back on Jan. 23rd It is now the 26th. Here is the latest from ESPN: NFL looking at Patriots attendant.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12232207/nfl-looking-new-england-patriots-locker-room-attendant-deflategate-investigation

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I posted this back on Jan. 23rd It is now the 26th. Here is the latest from ESPN: NFL looking at Patriots attendant. [URL=http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12232207/nfl-looking-new-england-patriots-locker-room-attendant-deflategate-investigation]http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12232207/nfl-looking-new-england-patriots-locker-room-attendant-deflategate-investigation[/URL]

So predictable. Anyone still believe there wasn't intent in deflating balls? Jeez, couldn't have been more blatant and obvious.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I posted this back on Jan. 23rd It is now the 26th. Here is the latest from ESPN: NFL looking at Patriots attendant. [URL=http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12232207/nfl-looking-new-england-patriots-locker-room-attendant-deflategate-investigation]http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12232207/nfl-looking-new-england-patriots-locker-room-attendant-deflategate-investigation[/URL]

Best evidence yet. My prediction is that the pats will blame him, pay him off, and the guy will disappear just like the guy with the spygate tapes. But nobody will believe Brady,hurt feelings or not.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Best evidence yet. My prediction is that the pats will blame him, pay him off, and the guy will disappear just like the guy with the spygate tapes. But nobody will believe Brady,hurt feelings or not.

No doubt. They've orchestrated the entire thing, negotiated with the kid over the past week. He'll probably never have to work again. This exact scenario has been predicted since the start. So now that the Pats are admitting culpability, can we stop with the 30,000 foot and the fact that Indy kept their footballs in the fridge while the Pats kept theirs in a sauna arguments? You should focus now on rippin the kid to shreds and trying to convince us that he acted alone.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

So predictable. Anyone still believe there wasn't intent in deflating balls? Jeez, couldn't have been more blatant and obvious.

Not sure anybody ever actually believed that.  I don't have a definitive opinion either way.  It's entirely possible that everything you said will turn out to be true.  But none of it is concrete at this point and all I've been saying is it's entirely possible something else could be true as well.

Factor in the idea that this is a silly witch-hunt and I just don't care one way or the other.

One last thing:  I can say with certainty that this is the exact same way I'd feel if the Chargers were the culprits here, or if the Chargers were the "victims" in Indy's shoes, or if they were in Seattle's shoes.  I would also feel the exact same way if this were about the 49ers or the Saints or Cardinals or whoever.  How many of you can honestly say that you would have the same opinion here if it were your team involved, or at least, if it were not the Patriots?

How many of you can honestly say that you would have the same opinion here if it were your team involved, or at least, if it were not the Patriots?

I think I can safely say that most of us would not have to worry about our team doing this.

And because the inevitable moron will say *everyone does it* - then your patsies are the dumbest people on earth since they seem to be the only ones caught.

Follow me on twitter

Pats have found a Patsy. This was the only way this could end.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Pats have found a Patsy. This was the only way this could end.

Sounds like the NFL found him on video ... As opposed to him being a scapegoat offered up by the Patriots. Subtle yet significant difference.

Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!