IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What was that? God I love being right...

All I said is that they never play in primetime. Hyperbole aside, that's still true.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

No Brian Schottenheimers, Tony Sparanos or Marty Morhinwhegs around here. Sanchez will do very well in Chip Kelly's offense, better than Foles anyway. One thing Foles has been good for this year is a couple of turnovers per game. You could book it.

Originally Posted by mmoan2

As a University of Arizona alum and NY Giants fan who grew up in NY, I hope you're wrong!!! Just kidding. Good luck to you. Sanchez seems like he might fit there. There's this Eli Manning guy I know who's good for a couple of turnovers a game, too.

The Giants recent SB victories were more a testament to the defense as opposed to anything Eli did. The Eagles don't have that level of defense to overcome a game manager who turns the ball over. They need a playmaker at QB and I certainly don't believe that Sanchez is the ultimate answer for the Eagles. He will still turn the ball over, it's just a matter of, how much? If the turnover situation doesn't change I guess it doesn't matter if it is Sanchez or Foles in the playoffs, Chip Kelly will still be looking for his QB of the future.

Bill M

The Giants recent SB victories were more a testament to the defense as opposed to anything Eli did. The Eagles don't have that level of defense to overcome a game manager who turns the ball over. They need a playmaker at QB and I certainly don't believe that Sanchez is the ultimate answer for the Eagles. He will still turn the ball over, it's just a matter of, how much? If the turnover situation doesn't change I guess it doesn't matter if it is Sanchez or Foles in the playoffs, Chip Kelly will still be looking for his QB of the future.

Belichick and his coaching staff has done a good job creating an offensive system that doesn't depend on having an elite RB or WR.  Once guys learn the system they become interchangeable pieces and all perform well.

Chip Kelly seems to think his system will work no matter who is at QB, time will tell if it's true.  I think Foles is a better overall QB than Sanchez so if Sanchez does well in the system I'll be a believer.

Joe Paradiso

Hey, I agree 100%. I just was commiserating with you because Eli is a turnover machine as well. If a third string receiver didn't catch a ball on his facemask in 2007, it would have been an undefeated Patriots team that year.

So are the packers that good or are the bears that bad? That was an ass whoopin last night and I loved it :).

Since Chicago is near the bottom in passing defense. I would say Aaron Rodgers having an amazing night coupled with a very bad Chicago pass defense.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So are the packers that good or are the bears that bad? That was an ass whoopin last night and I loved it :).

GB is tough at home and it seems their team is starting to come together.  Bears seems to be headed in other direction, Cutler throwing two INT's is what keeps him in hot water with Bears fans.  I don't think the Packers are as good as they looked last night and I don't think the Bears are as bad as they looked.

Joe Paradiso

GB is tough at home and it seems their team is starting to come together.  Bears seems to be headed in other direction, Cutler throwing two INT's is what keeps him in hot water with Bears fans.  I don't think the Packers are as good as they looked last night and I don't think the Bears are as bad as they looked.

I agree. I'm wondering if GB is any better than they were last year. They have been really good at beating bad teams for the last few years and they have seemed to struggle with playoff teams. I hope they get a win vs Philly Detroit doesn't look like they are going to fall on their face like last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree. I'm wondering if GB is any better than they were last year. They have been really good at beating bad teams for the last few years and they have seemed to struggle with playoff teams. I hope they get a win vs Philly Detroit doesn't look like they are going to fall on their face like last year.

Give them some time, they are the Lions.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Give them some time, they are the Lions.

Yeah but Jim Caldwell isn't Jim Schwartz. He has won before and I think teams respond different to a coach who has rings. Detroit has one of the best defenses in the league which can take you a long way. See Seattle of last season.

Cam Newton is just terrible. Terrible...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

He looks worse than he did as a rookie.

Teams figured out his schtick, and now he's screwed.

Ryan M

Cam Newton is just terrible. Terrible...

I would say to consider that: a) his top 3 WRs are a rookie (albeit a good one) and the respective rotting corpses of Jericho Cotchery and Jason Avant, b) he has two injury-prone, mediocre RBs, and b) he's not on the side of the ball that just gave up 31 points in a half to a Mark Sanchez-led offense. Not a lot of guys are going to succeed in that situation. (I will say he's really ****ing over my fantasy team.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I would say to consider that: a) his top 3 WRs are a rookie (albeit a good one) and the respective rotting corpses of Jericho Cotchery and Jason Avant, b) he has two injury-prone, mediocre RBs, and b) he's not on the side of the ball that just gave up 31 points in a half to a Mark Sanchez-led offense. Not a lot of guys are going to succeed in that situation. (I will say he's really ****ing over my fantasy team.)

Well, technically he is on the side of the ball that gave up 7 of those points.

I would say to consider that:

a) his top 3 WRs are a rookie (albeit a good one) and the respective rotting corpses of Jericho Cotchery and Jason Avant,

b) he has two injury-prone, mediocre RBs, and

b) he's not on the side of the ball that just gave up 31 points in a half to a Mark Sanchez-led offense.

Not a lot of guys are going to succeed in that situation.

(I will say he's really ****ing over my fantasy team.)

I could say the same about the Seahawks (sans beastmode) but Russell still makes plays.

And my fantasy team is the reason why I'm not fond of him right now. 38 pts for the Philly defense doomed me. They score 25 or less and I win. Unreal...

Ryan M

Rex Ryan to Mark Sanchez, "It's not you, it's me."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I would say to consider that:

a) his top 3 WRs are a rookie (albeit a good one) and the respective rotting corpses of Jericho Cotchery and Jason Avant,

b) he has two injury-prone, mediocre RBs, and

b) he's not on the side of the ball that just gave up 31 points in a half to a Mark Sanchez-led offense.

Not a lot of guys are going to succeed in that situation.

(I will say he's really ****ing over my fantasy team.)

Another response to this...

Brian Hoyer's top two targets most of the year have been undrafted free agents (One of whom is a rookie). He has one injury prone RB, and 2 rookies RBs...one of whom was undrafted. He also lost his Pro Bowl center, and has spent the past 4 weeks with his center laying on his back as soon as the ball is snapped. The Browns are 6-3 and besides one bad fluky loss, haven't lost a game by more than 3 points.

Newton just looks terrible in and out of the pocket, has been getting rattled by pressure, and has just made terrible decisions and has looked inaccurate all year.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!