IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nah, I understand he got less airtime now at day 2. But the amount of airtime for Woods is ridiculous.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hope to see Fowler, Westwood, Furyk and/or Day match McIlroy's score by end of day. Rain is coming down though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Seriously.  I was gonna say I resent that remark!!!

Sorry guys :)

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

My point exactly. Somebody that high on the leaderboard deserves more.

He deserves his own channel

Peter Alliss is moaning about it actually on Sky and basically apologising that we have to take American coverage and that means everything Tiger (even though he's of no consequence to this championship now)

Dear Colin Montgomerie: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103637/] [/URL]

Yeah, fair enough. But at least he's an old guy. What about Stadler? And actually, far too many of the younger contingent are in appalling shape.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Tiger is still news. More people want to watch to see if he finishes the round than care whether Joost Luiten is T2 going into the weekend.

That is a really sad indictment on the American golf fan if that's true

The answer really is to scrap the USPGA as a major and down grade it to a Pro-Am if all its been reduced to is a celebrity round

I'd be interested to know how many American golf fans really enjoy watching this? Or more to the point, who on earth the PGA thinks this is good television?

He deserves his own channel

Peter Alliss is moaning about it actually on Sky and basically apologising that we have to take American coverage and that means everything Tiger (even though he's of no consequence to this championship now)

Euan Murray, Alliss is a beeb man

That is a really sad indictment on the American golf fan if that's true The answer really is to scrap the USPGA as a major and down grade it to a Pro-Am if all its been reduced to is a celebrity round  I'd be interested to know how many American golf fans really enjoy watching this? Or more to the point, who on earth the PGA thinks this is good television?

I'd rather watch a Joost featured group than this meaningless nonsense.

Riley

Euan Murray, Alliss is a beeb man

My fault, force of habit. But still the lament is the same. A Tiger fetish is starting to ruin the coverage. In fact he's appealing to Tiger to pick the ball up so the American networks can't cover him (although they'd probably stick a helicopter and cover hsi drive away from the course)

At least Tiger won't make the cut, so he doesn't get airtime the rest of the weekend.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarawayFairways

The answer really is to scrap the USPGA as a major and down grade it to a Pro-Am if all its been reduced to is a celebrity round

Really?  A celebrity round?  I think Tom Watson said it pretty well earlier today:  "He is Tiger Woods."  Does he have more majors than the rest of the field combined?  (Obviously not, especially with Watson in the field, but you get the point.)

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Seriously guys, I get it that Tiger isn't in this tournament. But he's the greatest player of all time. He's the reigning POY. He's in the middle of a spectacular health collapse that could spell the end of his career. At the very least, the story of the circumstances surrounding his injury last week, and the withdrawal, and the completely unexpected appearance this week, is news. If you don't believe me, check how many comments the Tiger injury thread gained in the last five days.

Really?  A celebrity round?  I think Tom Watson said it pretty well earlier today:  "He is Tiger Woods."  Does he have more majors than the rest of the field combined?  (Obviously not, especially with Watson in the field, but you get the point.)

Agreed.  Also, it's Friday.  This seems to happen every week, or at least every major.  People complaining all day Friday about how they are not showing the leaders.

We've got all weekend to watch the leaders.  Tiger won't be around to get in the way either.  Have patience.

It's rare to see coverage of Lee Westwood without mention of his great ball- striking. I know he's excellent, but the last two holes have been horrendous. How did he earn his reputation as a great ball striker? In 2011, he was T4 in that stat, but was outside top 50 in 2013, outside top 100 in 2014. Is there another stat where he stil earns this vaunted reputation? By the way, I'm a big fan of his! I don't want a negative vibe from my Q. I'm just curious because they always say "Lee Westwood, wonderful ball striker"

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!