IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

A set of tags is $40. You could just buy the tags and install those on your second set. That's why I thought why bother with tags. Why not just have buttons. That way someone could just take the device and track rounds regardless of what clubs you are using.

Occam's razor

A set of tags is $40. You could just buy the tags and install those on your second set.

That's why I thought why bother with tags. Why not just have buttons. That way someone could just take the device and track rounds regardless of what clubs you are using.

Thanks, I didn't know they sold the tags separately.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anyone tried managing multiple bags with different sets of game golf under the same account?  I store my bag at my home course with the tags installed but would like to track my rounds when I'm away and using my back up clubs.  I don't mind buying another GameGolf set but I'm not sure you can manage both sets under one account.

A set of tags is $40. You could just buy the tags and install those on your second set.

That's why I thought why bother with tags. Why not just have buttons. That way someone could just take the device and track rounds regardless of what clubs you are using.

Has anyone tried managing multiple bags with different sets of game golf under the same account?  I store my bag at my home course with the tags installed but would like to track my rounds when I'm away and using my back up clubs.  I don't mind buying another GameGolf set but I'm not sure you can manage both sets under one account.

Thanks, I didn't know they sold the tags separately.

Yeah, but you can't add extra sets to your account as far as I can tell.  When I look in "My Golf Bag" in my account, there is room for the full set of tags that came with the device, so I can have 18 (I think) clubs permanently registered in there, but I don't see anywhere where it says I can actually add a full set.

And then searching around the support site, I found this:

I have two sets of golf clubs, can I just order a second set of tags?

Brett — Apr 12, 2014 09:58AM PDT

Can I purchase a second set of tags only? I play with two different sets of golf clubs (due to traveling) and would like to ID each set of clubs separately. That way, I can travel with just the main belt-clip device and not need to remove tags from clubs each time.

There are pitfalls to constantly removing the ID tags from grips, as explained here:
http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1446515-how-many-people-can-use-the-device-

3 COMMUNITY ANSWERS

Matt Benton - Apr 14, 2014 01:43PM PDT Best Answer

Hi Brett,

Thank you for contacting us at GAME GOLF! We certainly appreciate the interest and support. Unfortunately at this time, we do not provide extra sets of tags for additional sets of clubs.

If you plan on using multiple sets of clubs, you can unscrew the tags from your main set of clubs and then place them in your vacation set of clubs for trips. The tags themselves are very sturdy and will work fine in minimal transfers to your vacation set of clubs. What we do not recommend is sharing your tags and device with friends on a regular basis as multiple tag transfers can loosen the holes in the top of your grips.

That's what I read. And apparently you can't buy just one tag. Have to buy the whole set. Try this link. http://gmglf.co/2ndSet It looks like the set is now $49 plus shipping:-O

Occam's razor

That's what I read. And apparently you can't buy just one tag. Have to buy the whole set.

Try this link.

http://gmglf.co/2ndSet

It looks like the set is now $49 plus shipping:-O

Note that this link clearly says "For your second set" and also note that the answer I found on the support site is from April 2014 - so perhaps this is something that's been updated.

How would you suggest to label the 14 tiny buttons?  Some folks carry a 5 wood.  I do not.  I have 5 wedges, how would I designate that?  Would you just label the buttons as 1-14 and just remember which club correlates to which number?  Not being a wise guy, just wondering how your design would be better?

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

Yeah, but you can't add extra sets to your account as far as I can tell.  When I look in "My Golf Bag" in my account, there is room for the full set of tags that came with the device, so I can have 18 (I think) clubs permanently registered in there, but I don't see anywhere where it says I can actually add a full set.

And then searching around the support site, I found this:

Thanks, then the 2nd set of tags won't work so I'd have to buy a complete set and set up a 2nd account.

Joe Paradiso

Thanks, then the 2nd set of tags won't work so I'd have to buy a complete set and set up a 2nd account.

Yes, but then note the link Craig provided.  It comes from GG and specifies its an extra set for an extra set of clubs or for families who want to share.

So, basically, I don't know. ;)

How would you suggest to label the 14 tiny buttons?  Some folks carry a 5 wood.  I do not.  I have 5 wedges, how would I designate that?  Would you just label the buttons as 1-14 and just remember which club correlates to which number?  Not being a wise guy, just wondering how your design would be better?

Yea, it would have to be designating the buttons with the 14 clubs. Or maybe throw in a few letters like "D" for metals and woods, "I" for irons, "W" for wedges and "H" for hybrids, plus "P". Then a keypad. That would be 5 letter buttons plus 0-9 for a total of 15. That would be pretty crowded on that little device. But I guess no more crowded than a Blackberry. Although then you have to hit two buttons - little tiny buttons. I just bought the Game Golf and I'm worried that the tags are going to be taking a beating from hitting the bottom of the golf bag after each shot.

Occam's razor

Yes, but then note the link Craig provided.  It comes from GG and specifies its an extra set for an extra set of clubs or for families who want to share. So, basically, I don't know. ;)

Hi Drew! I don't think the device knows which set of tags it is receiving information from (horrible grammar:-) ). IOW, I think each set of tags sends out the same set of signals. Every 5I sends out a 5 iron signal etc. It's only the device that is associated with a unique account. So you could have as many sets of tags as you need.

Occam's razor

Yea, it would have to be designating the buttons with the 14 clubs. Or maybe throw in a few letters like "D" for metals and woods, "I" for irons, "W" for wedges and "H" for hybrids, plus "P". Then a keypad. That would be 5 letter buttons plus 0-9 for a total of 15. That would be pretty crowded on that little device. But I guess no more crowded than a Blackberry. Although then you have to hit two buttons - little tiny buttons.

I just bought the Game Golf and I'm worried that the tags are going to be taking a beating from hitting the bottom of the golf bag after each shot.

I just got mine as well so I am not sure how durable the tags are.  I guess I will find out this season.

Hi Drew! I don't think the device knows which set of tags it is receiving information from (horrible grammar:-) ). IOW, I think each set of tags sends out the same set of signals. Every 5I sends out a 5 iron signal etc.

It's only the device that is associated with a unique account. So you could have as many sets of tags as you need.

That's the way I took it also.  When you connect the device to your computer, you should be able to have multiple logins to track multiple sets.  Just make sure you use the correct corresponding login to keep your stats legit.

Todd

I just bought the Game Golf and I'm worried that the tags are going to be taking a beating from hitting the bottom of the golf bag after each shot.

I just got mine as well so I am not sure how durable the tags are.  I guess I will find out this season.

I have not had any trouble with the tags' durability.  I have had trouble with them coming loose - and it's ALWAYS been from a thin shot - and for that I simply recommend glue.  Once I glued them in place, they have been fine.

Disclaimer:  If you have a temper and like to slam your clubs into the bag after a bad shot, I have no idea if they'll hold up to that pounding. :-P

I have not had any trouble with the tags' durability.  I have had trouble with them coming loose - and it's ALWAYS been from a thin shot - and for that I simply recommend glue.  Once I glued them in place, they have been fine.

Disclaimer:  If you have a temper and like to slam your clubs into the bag after a bad shot, I have no idea if they'll hold up to that pounding.

To have a "bad shot" that means there would have to be good shots.  I don't have that problem, therefore my clubs are always babied.  I decided getting mad doesn't help about 10 years ago, what a relief that day was!!!

Todd

To have a "bad shot" that means there would have to be good shots.  I don't have that problem, therefore my clubs are always babied.  I decided getting mad doesn't help about 10 years ago, what a relief that day was!!!

Cheers to that!  That was the day golf became really fun! :beer:

• Administrator

I'm skipping all the stuff in between. Maybe it was answered, maybe not.

I have three sets of tags.

The tags have chips that identify basically what is written on them. So for example "D" is "Driver". Any "D" tag sends the "D" signal to the receiver. So, you can have three sets of clubs, each can have the "D" tag in the driver, and the GAME Golf will know that you hit a driver if you tap the "D" tag to the receiver.

It just won't know WHICH driver you hit.

If you care about THAT, you need to keep a separate account.

If, like me, you don't care what model driver you hit, or which sand wedge you hit, etc. then just put the "D" tags in your drivers, the "SW" tag in your sand wedge, and so on. Use one receiver. Tap away.

One set of tags for each set of clubs, and one receiver total.

Works beautifully. No problem.

P.S. GAME Golf used to not sell separate sets of tags. They do now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm skipping all the stuff in between. Maybe it was answered, maybe not.

I have three sets of tags.

The tags have chips that identify basically what is written on them. So for example "D" is "Driver". Any "D" tag sends the "D" signal to the receiver. So, you can have three sets of clubs, each can have the "D" tag in the driver, and the GAME Golf will know that you hit a driver if you tap the "D" tag to the receiver.

It just won't know WHICH driver you hit.

If you care about THAT, you need to keep a separate account.

If, like me, you don't care what model driver you hit, or which sand wedge you hit, etc. then just put the "D" tags in your drivers, the "SW" tag in your sand wedge, and so on. Use one receiver. Tap away.

One set of tags for each set of clubs, and one receiver total.

Works beautifully. No problem.

P.S. GAME Golf used to not sell separate sets of tags. They do now.

I don't care which driver I hit, I just want to be able to have tags on two sets of clubs and use them under one account.  Thank you for clearing that up.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
I don't care which driver I hit, I just want to be able to have tags on two sets of clubs and use them under one account.  Thank you for clearing that up.

That will work just fine, then, yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Today was the 1st time Ive used my game golf.  Has anyone else had a problem with one particular tag working?  All of the shots I tagged worked perfectly except the driver. I think it worked twice but then I was using the 4w instead.  When I connected the device it said I had a round with 1 shot which was the driver and it was like 5000 yards.  Then it had the whole round in another file.  Is that why it wouldn't tag?