IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

• Administrator

Over the next few weeks, @mvmac , @david_wedzik , and myself will be playing with and investigating the value of the GAME Golf digital tracking system.

In a sentence, GG clips to your belt and, when you touch a club to it before hitting a shot, tracks your shots for automatic and easy compilation of statistics showing you where you hit your ball and how far with various clubs, and other assorted stats.

I've charged two of the systems already, and a third will be charged later, so we'll all get our first rounds in with them tomorrow. Much more to come.

P.S. The packaging is great. I really appreciate solid, well designed packaging.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask them here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome! I can't wait to hear more about it! I don't buy much in the way of golf gadgetry, but this particular device has me very intrigued, so I'm hoping it's as good as it seems to be.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I was actually looking at this product ... Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Timely. I just received a demo package and set up an account.

I will appreciate the knowledge you will share of the product, app, and software.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm not a techno-geek, but I've gotta say, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of this one!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have been on the fence about getting this. The review from you guys will help push me one way of the other.

Michael

Cool.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

ready to see what they think.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I'm very interested as well.

I saw a post this morning on FB that Pres. Obama is using one, so it can't be to difficult.

Golf Digest

No matter your politics, it's good pub for the game and game golf when a Prez plays your game or uses your product.

President Obama is tracking his golf stats like a total champ right now

By Luke Kerr-Dineen

But the most interesting thing about Obama's round with Allen isn't who his partner was, but rather what he was playing with.

You'll see in the picture below an arrow pointing to a red thing clipped to Obama's belt. That's GAME golf, a stats-tracking tool that we've written about before.

453395830 (1).jpg

The way it works is pretty simple: players will plug red trackers into the grip-end of all their clubs and tap it against the red thing on their belt before they hit their shots.

obama-gamegolf-518.jpg

At the end of your round, you connect the device and can start analyzing all the shots your tracker just captured. It can tell you things like driving distance and accuracy, greens in regulation, scrambling percentage and number of putts. We tried to look up President Obama's stats but, alas, it appears he's using an alias.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have to say it looks and sounds awesome. Looking forward to your review and also how you think it can integrate with and improve golf instruction if at all.

Henry

I have to say it looks and sounds awesome. Looking forward to your review and also how you think it can integrate with and improve golf instruction if at all.

I think the overall implementation is pretty simple. I am more curious as to the data it gives you. Really like the concept though.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Are you going to hit some shots with the game golf on flight scope to compare distance dispersion ect....?

Are you going to hit some shots with the game golf on flight scope to compare distance dispersion ect....?

I'm not sure how that would work, game golf tracks these things by updating when you get to your ball. If you are hitting on flightscope you aren't really walking to the next shot for game golf to track the distance/direction. Unless you mean are they going to take the flightscope on the course to measure the same shots as they are measuring with the game golf device. That would be interesting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I'm not sure how that would work, game golf tracks these things by updating when you get to your ball. If you are hitting on flightscope you aren't really walking to the next shot for game golf to track the distance/direction. Unless you mean are they going to take the flightscope on the course to measure the same shots as they are measuring with the game golf device. That would be interesting.

Yeah I thought you could take flight scope on the course and maybe hit a few drives and a fewi ron shots and compare the data. Don't you think thats the best way to see how accurate it is?

Yeah I thought you could take flight scope on the course and maybe hit a few drives and a fewi ron shots and compare the data. Don't you think thats the best way to see how accurate it is?

Could be, but you could also use another golf app that tracks shot distances like golf logix or something too. Just didn't know how practical it would be to take flightscope out on the course.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

You could, but we're not going to do that.

We're more interested in the stats it can generate, and whether you can use it to build Shot Zones (i.e. does it assume the target is the center of the green every time? Or the center of the fairway? If so, that's problematic.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can't wait to hear your results. My buddy text me the link to these early this week and now I really think I want one. Much easier than messing with.these phone apps during my round it would seem.

David