IGNORED

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kind of amazing that she seemed so nonchalant about it.  No hesitation whatsoever.  Almost like it seemed like no big deal to her.

Which begs the question - how many other times has she done this?

Not that it matters. You got caught & you WD'd when confronted, Cheater.

Why has the LPGA not taken strong action in the Chella Choi Cheating Scandal ?

They are using the " head in the sand "  method of wishing and hoping that the problem goes away.

While everyone is throwing ice water over their heads Choi willfully and blatantly cheated.

The LPGA should attempt to be beyond reproach yet it seems no one is willing to take this issue on.  Shameful !

• Administrator

Wow.

She should be suspended immediately. The WD should be changed to a DQ. Isn't it a rule that you have to provide a medical reason?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow.

She should be suspended immediately. The WD should be changed to a DQ. Isn't it a rule that you have to provide a medical reason?

What was Simon Dyson's suspension? It was several months, wasn't it?

Surely she has to get something worse.

She has shown her real character here and it is an ugly thing.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

What was Simon Dyson's suspension? It was several months, wasn't it?   Surely she has to get something worse. She has shown her real character here and it is an ugly thing.

2 months for Dyson.

Riley

There's definitely a pitch mark there, but why didn't she instead take the 20 seconds required to fix the darn thing properly? On a tap in like that she's not going to have any issues if she fixes it well.

There's definitely a pitch mark there, but why didn't she instead take the 20 seconds required to fix the darn thing properly? On a tap in like that she's not going to have any issues if she fixes it well.

Because she is clearly a cheat.

There may have been a spike mark between her ball and the hole also.

It certainly seemed to be something she was very much at ease with.

Her reaction to the decision is all you need to know about this low life scumbag.

Because she is clearly a cheat. There may have been a spike mark between her ball and the hole also. It certainly seemed to be something she was very much at ease with. Her reaction to the decision is all you need to know about this low life scumbag.

Well, the description under your avatar doesn't lie.

—Adam

Her reaction to the decision is all you need to know about this low life scumbag.

It's not really my style to call people names, so I'm not a big fan of the last three words there, but I have to agree.  This was the biggest piece of the puzzle to me.  Her actual actions were pretty shocking, but IMO only a little bit worse than what Simon Dyson did ... IF she would have reacted differently when confronted with it.  Any combination of embarrassment, humility, shame, regret, etc, and I could see her recovering pretty quickly after some kind of small to medium suspension.

But defiance?  It's hard to infer anything other than she thinks what she did is OK and has probably done it before.

• Upvote 1

I always thought the word 'cheating' meant  intention to mislead.  Really i don't think we can fully agree on her intention.  Yeah, it seems she violated an everyday rule and needs to consider her actions more carefully, best back home for a few months.  But labeling her with crude, insulting names is unnecessary and lets the name callers appear as 'jerks, first order'.

I could not agree more.  She willfully and blatantly cheated.  The LPGA has taken the " head in the sand " approach.

As far as I know no journalist has taken the story on.

This should be dealt with quickly, fairly and openly.

Commish Whan... where is he ? Probably taking the " bucket " challenge !

I always thought the word 'cheating' meant  intention to mislead.  Really i don't think we can fully agree on her intention.  Yeah, it seems she violated an everyday rule and needs to consider her actions more carefully, best back home for a few months.  But labeling her with crude, insulting names is unnecessary and lets the name callers appear as 'jerks, first order'.

Are you kidding?

Her intention is there for all the world to see. Watch the video.

She deserves every insult that is flung in her direction. She is a disgusting, vile, dishonest, cheat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yeah.  Although, I would give her something a little less harsh as a penalty.  Perhaps a year or two ban plus a "substantial" fine (I don't know what is substantial for a middling LPGA player though ... 10 grand maybe??)

Yup.  Regardless of whatever Judy Rankin thinks of her past, this kind of thing will override it.  She will forever be known for this.

Judy Rankin's apologist routine was shameful. "she's a great player." So what, she's also a blatant cheater.

I think Judy was trying to be diplomatic.  Give her some slack.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Don't know about all that. She could be a high-life philanthropist for all I know.

But she is a cheater.

The term low life scumbag is for someone who doesn't pay child support, or for fake contractors who scam old ladies, or people who collect disability and are perfectly fine, or a-holes who beat their wives and kids. This girl is a cheater.
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!