Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Apple's Awesome Thread (was 9/9 Event Thread)

Note: This thread is 861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

242 posts / 32299 viewsLast Reply

I dunno, I just can't get excited about a watch. A bigger iPhone, yes. I haven't been keeping up, but I'm a little skeptical about the mind blowingness of what's to come, hope I'm wrong though.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_26425241/apple-iphone-event-venue-choice-construction-hints-at

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I… am excited, and not, at the same time.

If it's a wearable, it needs to be about 10x as good as a Pebble, because I had two of those and sold them very quickly.

Without Jobs I don't have the same level of interest in these events as I did when he was at the helm.  I just finished reading "Inside Apple" and while it isn't always flattering towards Jobs, I came away from reading it with a great deal of admiration for the man.

I want to be wowed. But tempering my expectations. I remember that first iPhone event. Those were the days.

How about the number of times the words "the" and "a" are said!!!???

:P

Hey, we all know that they over play the "innovation" and "ground breaking" angles. Every company does, it's rather redundant.

I.E.

"Introducing the new Iphone, a groundbreaking step in innovation. "

I haven't gotten excited for any announcements in technology, everything that comes out is already old news by the time we can buy it anyway.

Bump.

It is the box! :-P

I am not big in to technology hype like this. My biology teacher in highschool spent the night outside of best buy for the Playstation 2. There are people who sold their place in line for the new iphone (which at the time hasn't announced its release date yet) for a few grand. I don't get those type of people. I rather wait for the initial hype to wear off and read some reviews.

It is the box!

I am not big in to technology hype like this. My biology teacher in highschool spent the night outside of best buy for the Playstation 2. There are people who sold their place in line for the new iphone (which at the time hasn't announced its release date yet) for a few grand. I don't get those type of people. I rather wait for the initial hype to wear off and read some reviews.

And typically the brand new things like that have lots of bugs/issues that you are better off waiting a bit to get fixed before get it.

And typically the brand new things like that have lots of bugs/issues that you are better off waiting a bit to get fixed before get it.

Uhm, no. You're quickly venturing into hater territory, and while I'm not a "fanboy," I despise Haters. Come with some facts or a well-reasoned argument, and it's cool. Make up stuff like that and you just get ignored as a Hater.

For an iPhone 6, I don't know that "reviews" are all that important. It'll probably be what Apple says it is… and you'll be able to take the iterative improvements and apply them to the reviews of the 5S, the 5, the 4S, the 4… etc. It'll be a pretty "known quantity."

If they do a wearable, well, that's new. Millions will buy right away. I'm not that type either.

Apple actually doesn't hype things very much. Others do it for them. Sometimes they're then underwhelmed, but they build up such huge expectations, that it's their own dumb fault.

Uhm, no. You're quickly venturing into hater territory, and while I'm not a "fanboy," I despise Haters. Come with some facts or a well-reasoned argument, and it's cool. Make up stuff like that and you just get ignored as a Hater.

Has nothing to do with hate, I apply the same philosophy to all new things that come out. I typically wait to pick up anything to allow for the bugs and issues to be fixed. Whether it's a new model car or a new gaming station. You are assuming what I said was only meant for apple when it's not. You are seeing "hate" where there isn't any.

Has nothing to do with hate, I apply the same philosophy to all new things that come out. I typically wait to pick up anything to allow for the bugs and issues to be fixed. Whether it's a new model car or a new gaming station. You are assuming what I said was only meant for apple when it's not. You are seeing "hate" where there isn't any.

In general, that applies. But general isn't the topic of the thread, man. So yes, I assumed you were sticking to the topic. :)

In general, that applies. But general isn't the topic of the thread, man. So yes, I assumed you were sticking to the topic. :)

My bad, I said "typically" instead of "in general" and left it open to interpretation.

Note: This thread is 861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!