IGNORED

BIg Break Myrtle Beach (Fall 2014 Golf Channel)

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope it doesn't happen, yet if Anthony wins the BBMB and plays on the tour, he won't last. Not only does he not have the talent, yet his attitude and mouth will doom him. I can't see any one, playing partners or playing in the same round, will put up with him. He is a cancer.

He is a cancer.

It seems you feel pretty strongly about this.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just watched a bit of the highlights- final four time. I'm ready for the next season already. Finish this one fast. I could be mistaken, but even the hosts seem bored. I'm disappointed with Paige, as this was a good chance to shine. Seems to me she kinda flopped and is bringing very little charisma to it all.  Why don't the hosts ever interact with the players? It seems like a stale format, with the hosts seemingly on some other wavelength, like there's a wall erected between them and the players.

Toph is really getting annoying calling everyone "bub" or "kid."

Anthony looked pretty decent! That bunker shot was one in 50, according to Paige.

What was up with everyone hitting that 100-foot putt to tap-in range??? Holy crap. Then a tough chip, they all put pretty close. I think they used up their good shots for the day on those first two challenges, as it was downhill from there mostly.  I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed to lack much excitement and Jimmy beat Charlie on a Charlie-three-putt?! Ouch.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I'm pulling for Emily. She's seems pretty classy and the most consistent of the player left. I've always been one to let your game do the talking not your mouth so Anthony drives me crazy most of the time.

I'm pulling for Emily. She's seems pretty classy and the most consistent of the player left. I've always been one to let your game do the talking not your mouth so Anthony drives me crazy most of the time.

Be cool if Emily and the loud mouth get to the final, and Emily beats Anthony...that would really get to him. I think he said earlier in the show, that he wouldn't be beaten by a girl, or something like that.

As for Anthony, the dude is really getting to be to much, i.e. trash talking and saying how much better he is than the others. IMHO, he needs to keep his trap shut about such things.

He's said himself on a previous episode that Toph and Jimmy were his least favorite participants and it's probably because he's 19 that he disparages them. If you notice, he doesn't say anything near as derogatory about Charlie or Emily and I believe that's because he doesn't dislike them. [quote name="RandallT" url="/t/77518/big-break-myrtle-beach-fall-2014-golf-channel/0_100#post_1081696"] Toph is really getting annoying calling everyone "bub" or "kid." [/quote] I haven't like Toph since episode 1. He seems like the type who feels that things should be done the way he thinks they should be done otherwise it's bad or wrong. Like when Anthony said, "final four," and fist pumped when he got immunity on yesterday's episode and Toph said, "it's not very graceful but it is what it is." Not sure what about that is wrong in Toph's eyes considering the episode before he was jumping up and down like a teenager who is meeting their favorite celebrity. Because that was real graceful. Anthony and Emily is still my pick (especially with Charlie gone). I still don't respect Toph or his game and I think Jimmy caught Charlie on an off day to beat him and got lucky his putt that rimmed the cup, otherwise it would have rolled down the hill and might have been further away than Charlie's.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Anthony and Emily is still my pick (especially with Charlie gone). I still don't respect Toph or his game and I think Jimmy caught Charlie on an off day to beat him and got lucky his putt that rimmed the cup, otherwise it would have rolled down the hill and might have been further away than Charlie's.

I agree, re: Jimmy beating Charlie, but then again, it's golf..Now that Charlie is gone, guess I'm going with Mr. Ego, and Emily too.. :-D

I think Anthony is definitely a wildcard, but he will have to run on his sheer brashness. In pro competition so far in his short career, I think he's made one event at the Mazatlan Open, where he missed the cut with 79-80. http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Tournament&TournamentID;=10013

Jimmy is a journeyman who is consistently mid- to low-70's in tournaments from 2012 through 2014 (Q-School, web.com events, etc) http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=23368

Toph is also a journeyman who has played very few tournaments since graduating college in 2010. When he does has a score documented, it seems upper 70s.

Emily has a tons of top 10s in her collegiate career, but only placed 92nd in the Stage II of LPGA qualifications (http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?ACTION=Player&PlayerID;=1578). She is a big hitter for a lady, so she might be the one to beat.  Looks like she scores mid-70s on ladies courses fairly consistently.

In a finale of 18 holes, it looks to me that Jimmy has experience shooting near par on tournament setups. I still think he might have the edge, if he can play like his documented history says he can. He sure seems like a cool customer to me and seems so even-keeled. He was very cool to Anthony after Anthony's bunker shot, whereas Anthony acted like everyone else was just lucky.  Jimmy is almost the opposite of Anthony, in fact, in their demeanor. I'd like to see their contrasting styles over 18 holes... but I like Emily too.

My gut tells me Jimmy gets control of his game and dominates from here out. (you can taunt me when he goes down in flames!)

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I thought Mary Narizi would be the most hated Big Breaker of all time. I was wrong by a mile. This kid Anthony is going to win every medal in being the worst Big Breaker ever.

Can't wait for Emily to take him out in the final - THAT will be epic

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

My gut tells me Jimmy gets control of his game and dominates from here out. (you can taunt me when he goes down in flames!)

I could totally see that.  His swing is smooth and effortless, and thanks to your links, we now know that he has experience.  I think I'd most enjoy him and Emily in the final.

I also agree with others about Toph.  He's been given a pass because of Anthony.  Had Anthony never been on the show, I could easily see them painting Toph as the villian.  (And maybe it was an inside joke or something, but him calling the Austrian girl "Russia" grated on me the most.)

I think Anthony is definitely a wildcard, but he will have to run on his sheer brashness. In pro competition so far in his short career, I think he's made one event at the Mazatlan Open, where he missed the cut with 79-80. [URL=http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Tournament&TournamentID;=10013]http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Tournament&TournamentID;=10013[/URL] Jimmy is a journeyman who is consistently mid- to low-70's in tournaments from 2012 through 2014 (Q-School, web.com events, etc) [URL=http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=23368]http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=23368[/URL] My gut tells me Jimmy gets control of his game and dominates from here out. (you can taunt me when he goes down in flames!)

Beating Charlie was impressive but he caught him on an off day. Even then, I think he was crazy to pick Charlie because Toph was doing terribly, too, and Toph on a great day isn't in Charlie's league on an average day. But, it worked out for Jimmy so it obviously wasn't the wrong decision this time. Personally, I just think he didn't want to play Toph because they're friends. I just don't think Jimmy's that good to win it all. Emily is probably as long if not longer as he is, will be playing from shorter tees, and has been steady throughout the competition. I don't think you can use Anthony's career as a barometer because the sample size is too small. I think he's come through in almost all of the non gimmicky golf challenges he's been involved in. Whereas I don't think Anthony's brashness will impact him, I think Anthony deals with pressure a lot better than Jimmy. But if Jimmy is in the final with Toph, I think he'd be the favorite.

Christian

I also agree with others about Toph.  He's been given a pass because of Anthony.  Had Anthony never been on the show, I could easily see them painting Toph as the villian.  (And maybe it was an inside joke or something, but him calling the Austrian girl "Russia" grated on me the most.)

+1. I just don't find him likeable at all.

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

I think Anthony is definitely a wildcard, but he will have to run on his sheer brashness. In pro competition so far in his short career, I think he's made one event at the Mazatlan Open, where he missed the cut with 79-80. http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Tournament&TournamentID;=10013

Jimmy is a journeyman who is consistently mid- to low-70's in tournaments from 2012 through 2014 (Q-School, web.com events, etc) http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=23368

Beating Charlie was impressive but he caught him on an off day. Even then, I think he was crazy to pick Charlie because Toph was doing terribly, too, and Toph on a great day isn't in Charlie's league on an average day. But, it worked out for Jimmy so it obviously wasn't the wrong decision this time. Personally, I just think he didn't want to play Toph because they're friends.

I just don't think Jimmy's that good to win it all. Emily is probably as long if not longer as he is, will be playing from shorter tees, and has been steady throughout the competition.

I don't think you can use Anthony's career as a barometer because the sample size is too small. I think he's come through in almost all of the non gimmicky golf challenges he's been involved in. Whereas I don't think Anthony's brashness will impact him, I think Anthony deals with pressure a lot better than Jimmy.

But if Jimmy is in the final with Toph, I think he'd be the favorite.

I think Jimmy picking Charlie was like Mary picking Sadena last season.  The safer move was to play someone else, but they both decided to pick off the front-runner over a friend.  Mary was friends with Fiamma, and I think she even commented that the friendship factored into her decision. Jimmy seems to be friends with Toph, so I doubt he relished going head-to-head with him unless it's for the final.

Jimmy said a reason was that he felt the pressure mounting on Charlie, because of the $10K immunity thing. But Charlie was the one who said he felt the tenseness in Jimmy in the match. That was a little funny that they both thought the other's nerves were getting to them.

I was sure Jimmy was toast, because they teased in the previous episode that Charlie was in trouble. Usually that means that person gets out of that jam ok and they only wanted you to THINK he was going down.

Regarding sample sizes for Anthony's pro tournament, I could argue that the shots Jimmy has played this season on BB are a small sample size, and that Jimmy's 2012-2014 professional tournament record of mid- to low-70s is a broader sample. With BB sample sizes, darned near anything could happen. :beer:

My Swing

Regarding sample sizes for Anthony's pro tournament, I could argue that the shots Jimmy has played this season on BB are a small sample size, and that Jimmy's 2012-2014 professional tournament record of mid- to low-70s is a broader sample. With BB sample sizes, darned near anything could happen.   :beer:

I would agree with this except in Anthony and Jimmy's sample sizes in BB, we've witnessed how they perform under the given pressure and the intricacies of the competition. Long term results are pretty much a season. Therefore, since the season is almost over, I think we've gotten a good sense of how they have handled things like pressure and personal interaction over the long term of the show. In tournaments, we have very little insight except the results and whereas of course results are important, I don't think it's gives us enough information to make a good guesstimate as to how the rest of the season plays out. But it is BB and Fiamma did make the finals last year so who knows. I will say this, I doubt many people were surprised that Jackie crushed her. I got to meet Jackie at an event earlier this year and should have brought it up, haha.

Christian

I got to meet Jackie at an event earlier this year and should have brought it up, haha.

Yah I remember that from the Symetra Tour thread! You followed your houseguest around, who might've been paired with Stephanie Kenoyer, right?  I remember Stephanie wasn't doing too great, but you said she seemed to have a good attitude.

My Swing

Anthony had me in stitches during last weeks episode.   Oh.... the NERVE of those lucky golfers!!.........Hahaha

His commentary is the single most entertaining aspect of this season.  His comments before, during, and after the fried-egg bunker shot had me laughing too......

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!