IGNORED

BIg Break Myrtle Beach (Fall 2014 Golf Channel)

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought Mary Narizi would be the most hated Big Breaker of all time. I was wrong by a mile. This kid Anthony is going to win every medal in being the worst Big Breaker ever.

Yes, he probably will, but I plan to enjoy every last second he spends on that show. I rooted for him big time yesterda, especially since his opponents kept playing into his hands by picking him.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I thought Mary Narizi would be the most hated Big Breaker of all time. I was wrong by a mile. This kid Anthony is going to win every medal in being the worst Big Breaker ever.

Mary was just annoying to people outside her circle, she didn't alienate everyone as Anthony has.  Anthony is immature and acts out like a spoiled kid throwing a little tantrum when he loses immunity challenges but he's played good golf when he has to.

I agree with part of what he's saying in that Big Break is a individual competition and only one person wins so decisions should be based on what's best for each individual to progress not a "team" yet we see every season people form "alliances" and try to play as a team.  Given his abrasive personality it benefits Anthony to get everyone to play as individuals, especially since he's proven he can win elimination challenges.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, he probably will, but I plan to enjoy every last second he spends on that show. I rooted for him big time yesterda, especially since his opponents kept playing into his hands by picking him.

I don't know how that's playing into his hands since staying out of the elimination challenge assures advancement while getting in it, no matter how good you are, will introduce the possibility of elimination. I hope he gets picked every week because his luck will eventually run out.

I don't know how that's playing into his hands since staying out of the elimination challenge assures advancement while getting in it, no matter how good you are, will introduce the possibility of elimination. I hope he gets picked every week because his luck will eventually run out.

Is he going to eat humble pie eventually? Absolutely.

The objective of the show is to play well enough to be in another episode, not an ego trip about being challenged by a cocky 19 year old. In both cases, he was the strongest guy in the pool to choose from. Jimmy and Caroline would have given Dave a shot to survive yesterday, but he went with a guy that plays well under pressure. Krista did the same thing. As long as they keep heading into these elimination challenges thinking they have something to proof by knocking him out, there will always be a good chance he'll beat them.

Dave .......... a shot to survive yesterday, but he went with a guy that plays well under pressure. Krista did the same thing. As long as they keep heading into these elimination challenges thinking they have something to proof by knocking him out, there will always be a good chance he'll beat them.

this ^  they'll feel more under pressure to be the one that knocks out the obnoxious kid (and not be the next one to get knocked out by him)

the role he's choosing is obnoxious, but it's certainly adding a layer of pressure to anyone that ends up face to face with him.  I just keep wondering if it's an act based on that psychology vs him being just that objectionable a person naturally

regardless of that..........nice chip shot, good moment to have both skill and a little luck too.  Kind of offset the huge mistake he made at the tail of the ladder drill.  A driving range rat should "own" that challenge.

Bill - 

Is he going to eat humble pie eventually? Absolutely. The objective of the show is to play well enough to be in another episode, not an ego trip about being challenged by a cocky 19 year old. In both cases, he was the strongest guy in the pool to choose from. Jimmy and Caroline would have given Dave a shot to survive yesterday, but he went with a guy that plays well under pressure. Krista did the same thing. As long as they keep heading into these elimination challenges thinking they have something to proof by knocking him out, there will always be a good chance he'll beat them.

I thought the same thing when Dave picked him. It wasn't because Dave thought he could beat him, it was because Dave wanted to beat him.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

So who are the frontrunners right now? By this time last season, we all knew Sadena and Jackie were the best (which the Symetra Tour in 2014 confirmed, as they both earned their LPGA cards).  I'm not sure anyone is standing out head and shoulders above the best right now.

And who do the contestants seem to think is the best?

Seems to me consensus among the players is that Charlie and Tessa are the best players, but does their play so far justify that? A few good challenges early on set that impression, but lately they all seem about equal.  And what was the deal of picking Carolin to sit first in the team challenge- I guess they respected her short iron play more than everyone else.

I was sure Dave was going to pick Carolin in the elimination holes because of her marginal play in the 50-150yd incremental challenge, but he picked Anthony who played pretty damn well in that challenge. I bet he's regretting picking the hot hand, when he could've picked someone who had done little that episode. Anthony is getting under their skin so far, and I'm not sure if they'll continue picking him now that he's sent two of them packing. In convincing fashion too.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I agree with part of what he's saying in that Big Break is a individual competition and only one person wins so decisions should be based on what's best for each individual to progress not a "team" yet we see every season people form "alliances" and try to play as a team.  Given his abrasive personality it benefits Anthony to get everyone to play as individuals, especially since he's proven he can win elimination challenges.

I don't get the impression that they're "forming" alliances like they do on Survivor or one of those other competition shows.  I get the impression that those guys know each other already and have been friends for awhile.  If I'm on this show and I am in the elimination challenge and have to choose between Mike, Erik and some 19 year old jerkwad that I don't know, I'm always going to choose the jerkwad.

You have to beat everybody eventually anyway.

My thoughts too.  People may think it's dumb to pick him when he's playing well, but it's waaaaaaaaaay dumber to try and get yourself put into the elimination challenge every week because you think you'll win.  One of these times, if he keeps doing it, somebody else will pull a rabbit out of their ass like he did yesterday with the chip-in.  That said, he did say at the end of the show last night that he was going to "lay low" for awhile, so perhaps he knows he should keep his mouth shut and try to avoid the elimination challenges.

I felt bad for Dave because he didn't really do anything to deserve elimination.  Due to the goofy nature of the first challenge, he was never even given a chance to hit a shot. And in the second challenge he got a little too cute with his second shot.  Then in the elimination challenge he went par-par and got beat by a lucky chip-in.  Seemed like a really cool dude too.  Also seemed Canadian ... he kept saying "aboot." :-P

EDIT:  Some of them are still calling the Austrian girl "Russian" ... what gives???

In the first challenge, were the teams 'required' to rotate through the roster?

Seems to be smarter to let the same person hit over and over as they got accustomed to the shot.....

Bill - 

I don't get the impression that they're "forming" alliances like they do on Survivor or one of those other competition shows.  I get the impression that those guys know each other already and have been friends for awhile.  If I'm on this show and I am in the elimination challenge and have to choose between Mike, Erik and some 19 year old jerkwad that I don't know, I'm always going to choose the jerkwad.

My thoughts too.  People may think it's dumb to pick him when he's playing well, but it's waaaaaaaaaay dumber to try and get yourself put into the elimination challenge every week because you think you'll win.  One of these times, if he keeps doing it, somebody else will pull a rabbit out of their ass like he did yesterday with the chip-in.  That said, he did say at the end of the show last night that he was going to "lay low" for awhile, so perhaps he knows he should keep his mouth shut and try to avoid the elimination challenges.

I felt bad for Dave because he didn't really do anything to deserve elimination.  Due to the goofy nature of the first challenge, he was never even given a chance to hit a shot.  And in the second challenge he got a little too cute with his second shot.  Then in the elimination challenge he went par-par and got beat by a lucky chip-in.  Seemed like a really cool dude too.  Also seemed Canadian ... he kept saying "aboot."

EDIT:  Some of them are still calling the Austrian girl "Russian" ... what gives???

Oh yea, it's no doubt dumber to put yourself in that situation. If I recall correctly though, Dave did hit the first shot in the first challenge. He lost to Tessa.

Oh yea, it's no doubt dumber to put yourself in that situation. If I recall correctly though, Dave did hit the first shot in the first challenge. He lost to Tessa.

Did he?  OK, then I was confusing him with somebody else.  I thought that one of the first people they eliminated was somebody who hadn't hit a shot.  My mistake.

EDIT:  Still a bit of bad luck on his part though, because didn't the guy who went first lose by something like 12' to 15'?  Most of the other shots were all worse than 15'.

I feel for him because I am 2-6 and in dead last in my 10-team fantasy football league right now despite scoring the 4th MOST points of my entire league to this point. :cry:

They indicated Toph selected his team based on who he was friendly with on the show, I doubt he knew all of them prior to getting on BB.  Alliance might not be a good word, maybe "click" would be better.  If I'm Toph, I'm picking the best golfers on the show to ensure I have immunity, regardless of whether they are friends or not.

Dave chose Anthony because he didn't want to call out someone he liked or was friends with and it cost him.

Joe Paradiso

Did he?  OK, then I was confusing him with somebody else.  I thought that one of the first people they eliminated was somebody who hadn't hit a shot.  My mistake.

EDIT:  Still a bit of bad luck on his part though, because didn't the guy who went first lose by something like 12' to 15'?  Most of the other shots were all worse than 15'.

I feel for him because I am 2-6 and in dead last in my 10-team fantasy football league right now despite scoring the 4th MOST points of my entire league to this point.

I feel your pain in fantasy, that is rough. Yes Dave did have bad luck, but that didn't have to matter had he improved his chances by picking an emotional Caroline or the shaky Jimmy. Anthony seems to enjoy those moments too much, Caroline doesn't. She was already hoping not to be picked.

Anthony didn't even play well, made 1 good shot.  Iron into waste area on 1, fat second shot, pitch in.

Drive into bunker on 2, layup into rough, long third, 2 putts.

I don't think his play would/should intimidate anyone.  Plus, if you pick him you are guaranteed to never have to listen to him again. One way or another and I think that's worth it on it's own.

Dave is Canadian, and we don't all say aboot :D

Anythony, Anthony, Anthony...............Hahahahahaha...........this guy is a riot!!

He's taken over the entire show at this point with his obnoxious behavior.   IMO...He's the most entertaining part of the new season because of his antics.    It's true.....he has absolutely no social grace and acts like a complete DIK, but I argue he makes for compelling TV!!!  Calling out the "bottom person" both times daring them to pick him.............that takes serious STONES!   When the French girl gave Anthony a hard time, and he quips back ............."at least I wasn't balling like a baby" ....OMG! Did he really just go there???  Wow....  I'm guessing he won't be the next Sara Black being hired by the golf channel as a host anytime soon!!

....and then he goes to the other competitors and rubs the salt in the wound afterwards after knocking out Dave.  priceless!!  Anthony is a piece of work!  At this point, Anthony should stand up to make this proclamation. ................. "Any golfer that does not pick me for an elimination challenge, I hereby call you out as a coward because I intend to be the first Big Breaker to knock out each and every competitor on the way to winning the competition!" .....LOL

He has no chance at winning because he placed a "GIGANTIC X" on his back, but the show will remain interesting while he lasts.  He needs to start winning a couple immunity challenges, because his days are numbered if he doesn't.   If he is available for elimination, he gets picked every time and will lose eventually.    At this point, it's the entire cast against Anthony which doesn't bode well for his success.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Anythony, Anthony, Anthony...............Hahahahahaha...........this guy is a riot!!

He's taken over the entire show at this point with his obnoxious behavior.   IMO...He's the most entertaining part of the new season because of his antics.    It's true.....he has absolutely no social grace and acts like a complete DIK, but I argue he makes for compelling TV!!!  Calling out the "bottom person" both times daring them to pick him.............that takes serious STONES!   When the French girl gave Anthony a hard time, and he quips back............."at least I wasn't balling like a baby"....OMG! Did he really just go there???  Wow....  I'm guessing he won't be the next Sara Black being hired by the golf channel as a host anytime soon!!

....and then he goes to the other competitors and rubs the salt in the wound afterwards after knocking out Dave.  priceless!!  Anthony is a piece of work!  At this point, Anthony should stand up to make this proclamation. .................  "Any golfer that does not pick me for an elimination challenge, I hereby call you out as a coward because I intend to be the first Big Breaker to knock out each and every competitor on the way to winning the competition!"   .....LOL

He has no chance at winning because he placed a  "GIGANTIC X" on his back, but the show will remain interesting while he lasts.  He needs to start winning a couple immunity challenges, because his days are numbered if he doesn't.   If he is available for elimination, he gets picked every time and will lose eventually.    At this point, it's the entire cast against Anthony which doesn't bode well for his success.

He is ballsy, as when he told Dave (paraphrased), "You must be nervous, given you're age this means a lot more to you than it does me".  I heard that and was thinking this kid must play for money a lot because the comment was barbed at many levels to mess with Dave's head.

Joe Paradiso

My bruv saw the show for the first time a day or two ago. He concluded the Anthony guy is a scham.

Reality shows, by now, ought to be taken with a a grain of salt. Do you guys think this is straight up?

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!