IGNORED

Fox News

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As Mr. Chivers, the NYT journalist, pointed out the weapons were not part of massive, active stockpiles that the United States set out to destroy by waging a war that would last eight years, take thousands of lives and leave Iraq in chaos. They were remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West. It would help if people actually read the piece instead of just the headlines. :doh:

Bottom line, Saddam had the weapons, he used them years earlier. Many security agencies from various countries corroborated. There were 19 UN resolutions against Iraq. Vast majority of Dems voted to go in. Vast majority of American people wanted to go in (which is why Dems voted for it). Bush had an active coalition of almost 70 countries. He went in the right way. There were problems with the prosecution, to be sure but the surge corrected some of that. We didn't find the weapons we were looking for, damn. Saddam got them over to Syria where Assad used them on his people a few years later. Revisionist history and the media got you 8 years of liberalism, how's that workin out? Finally, the malaise is lifting. Thank God.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everyone is getting :offtopic: .  Please steer back to Fox News.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Everyone is getting .  Please steer back to Fox News.

Fox News - those Dom femme bit#*es will report ANYTHING.

https://cloud.real.com/s/pwFukT

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by phan52

As Mr. Chivers, the NYT journalist, pointed out the weapons were not part of massive, active stockpiles that the United States set out to destroy by waging a war that would last eight years, take thousands of lives and leave Iraq in chaos. They were remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West.

It would help if people actually read the piece instead of just the headlines.

Originally Posted by Gunther

Bottom line, Saddam had the weapons, he used them years earlier. Many security agencies from various countries corroborated. There were 19 UN resolutions against Iraq. Vast majority of Dems voted to go in. Vast majority of American people wanted to go in (which is why Dems voted for it). Bush had an active coalition of almost 70 countries. He went in the right way. There were problems with the prosecution, to be sure but the surge corrected some of that.

We didn't find the weapons we were looking for, damn. Saddam got them over to Syria where Assad used them on his people a few years later.

Revisionist history and the media got you 8 years of liberalism, how's that workin out? Finally, the malaise is lifting. Thank God.

I am laughing right now. Out loud.

Bill M

Everyone is getting .  Please steer back to Fox News.

OK. Fox News has some premises that are pretty far out there on their op-ed type shows (Hannity, etc.) but here is an example of how their News division spins the news to fit their narrative, so that they can go and take it further on the op-ed shows.

The guy who was just released from a jail in Mexico is a veteran, an ex-Marine. He absolutely broke the law in Mexico by entering their country with loaded guns in his truck (he also apparently broke the law in California for the same thing, but that is whole different issue) and was arrested and jailed for it. Now there are a lot of people who get arrested for things who are veterans, but it is usually not related and doesn't come up other than maybe as an aside.

But FOX latched on to this guy's mother who tried to posit this as an affront to a Marine to the point of always calling him a Marine. Other News sources originally correctly identified him as either a Veteran or an ex-Marine, but what does that really have to do with it? He was a civilian who committed a serious crime on foreign soil and it is up the Judicial system of that country to deal with it. Our State Department was monitoring the situation, insured that he was treated fairly, and lobbied for his realease but they really had no say about what was going to happen.

But the reason behind making him out to be a Marine was so that Fox News could make a correlation to Berghdahl, the Army Sgt. who was a prisoner-of-war in Afghanistan. They beat that drum hard, especially because we gave up some of the people in Guantanamo to get him back, as if we should do the same for the "Marine" in jail in Mexico. Sorry, but there is a decided difference between an active military person being held as a prisoner-of-war and an ex-Marine who committed a felony in Mexico, but this is just another excuse to drop sh*t in Obama's lap.

Now, other mainstream news services have taken to incorrectly calling him a Marine, as if he was on active duty, and every picture you now see of him anywhere is in uniform. Nice job, Fox!

Bill M

Bottom line, Saddam had the weapons, he used them years earlier. Many security agencies from various countries corroborated. There were 19 UN resolutions against Iraq. Vast majority of Dems voted to go in. Vast majority of American people wanted to go in (which is why Dems voted for it). Bush had an active coalition of almost 70 countries. He went in the right way. There were problems with the prosecution, to be sure but the surge corrected some of that.

We didn't find the weapons we were looking for, damn. Saddam got them over to Syria where Assad used them on his people a few years later.

Revisionist history and the media got you 8 years of liberalism, how's that workin out? Finally, the malaise is lifting. Thank God.

Amen Brother!

I'm getting a real kick out of watching FOX's nemesis, MSNBC, try to spin the election. They've latched on to the minimum wage, pot, and personhood wins. What they don't realize is that most conservatives are completely OK with those results because the states put it on those ballots and the people decided. I'm not in favor of increasing min wage for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that it's a red herring, but if the people have spoken on it, at the state level, well, that's how the framers intended it to work. I'm opposed to the Feds imposing things like this against the will of the people.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

OK. Fox News has some premises that are pretty far out there on their op-ed type shows (Hannity, etc.) but here is an example of how their News division spins the news to fit their narrative, so that they can go and take it further on the op-ed shows.

The guy who was just released from a jail in Mexico is a veteran, an ex-Marine. He absolutely broke the law in Mexico by entering their country with loaded guns in his truck (he also apparently broke the law in California for the same thing, but that is whole different issue) and was arrested and jailed for it. Now there are a lot of people who get arrested for things who are veterans, but it is usually not related and doesn't come up other than maybe as an aside.

But FOX latched on to this guy's mother who tried to posit this as an affront to a Marine to the point of always calling him a Marine. Other News sources originally correctly identified him as either a Veteran or an ex-Marine, but what does that really have to do with it? He was a civilian who committed a serious crime on foreign soil and it is up the Judicial system of that country to deal with it. Our State Department was monitoring the situation, insured that he was treated fairly, and lobbied for his realease but they really had no say about what was going to happen.

But the reason behind making him out to be a Marine was so that Fox News could make a correlation to Berghdahl, the Army Sgt. who was a prisoner-of-war in Afghanistan. They beat that drum hard, especially because we gave up some of the people in Guantanamo to get him back, as if we should do the same for the "Marine" in jail in Mexico. Sorry, but there is a decided difference between an active military person being held as a prisoner-of-war and an ex-Marine who committed a felony in Mexico, but this is just another excuse to drop sh*t in Obama's lap.

Now, other mainstream news services have taken to incorrectly calling him a Marine, as if he was on active duty, and every picture you now see of him anywhere is in uniform. Nice job, Fox!

Serious crime? (SMH once again)

The guy that took a wrong turn toward the border and told the border guards he had guns in the vehicle. Most people think it was outrageous for him to be locked in a Mexican prison for that long including people that are not exactly right wingers.

Serious crime? (SMH once again)

The guy that took a wrong turn toward the border and told the border guards he had guns in the vehicle. Most people think it was outrageous for him to be locked in a Mexican prison for that long including people that are not exactly right wingers.

Uh,,,yeah, it is a felony in Mexico. And BTW, in California as well. That is something that he may have to deal with down the road.

But that is beside the point. The point is the spin to get Bergdahl into the debate.

SMH, indeed.

Bill M

Uh,,,yeah, it is a felony in Mexico. And BTW, in California as well. That is something that he may have to deal with down the road. But that is beside the point. The point is the spin to get Bergdahl into the debate. SMH, indeed.

Lunatic fringe stuff here bud. Never did I hear the term POW on Fox. The Marine aspect was relevant cuz the dude was still being treated for PTSD. Whew.

Uh,,,yeah, it is a felony in Mexico. And BTW, in California as well. That is something that he may have to deal with down the road.

But that is beside the point. The point is the spin to get Bergdahl into the debate.

SMH, indeed.

Greta Van Susteren was the main person using her show to try to facilitate his release. I happen to not even like Greta very much for other reasons but creating a Bergdahl spin was certainly not her objective (even though the irony was glaring). I think she's not very good at her job and is the most unprepared interviewer on TV but she's not an ideologue at all.

Bill O'Reilly spent a little bit of time on it but not much. He was extremely cautious about finding out what truly happened before making any kind of judgment and said as much from the start.

The hard news on Fox didn't mention it any more than any other newsworthy story. If people didn't think it was newsworthy they didn't have to watch (which I doubt they did anyway).

I'm glad they covered it, wish he wouldn't have gone through that nightmare, and glad he's finally out of there.

Lunatic fringe stuff here bud. Never did I hear the term POW on Fox. The Marine aspect was relevant cuz the dude was still being treated for PTSD. Whew.

Being treated for PTSD and driving around with loaded guns makes it even worse.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

I don't know about anyone else, and maybe I'm in the minority on this, but "SMH" comes off (to me at least) as rude. If you have something to say, say it. "SMH" implies that the person at which you're shaking your head is a child or too stupid or ignorant or whatever to understand what you might have to say.

I don't even read the posts here - I skim through these because this topic doesn't interest me - but the ONLY rule we really have here at TST is to behave like an adult and not be a jerk. "SMH" seems to me to be a bit closer to acting like a jerk than I prefer, so I'm respectfully asking that it's practice be diminished or stopped completely.

Political threads have a tendency to make people "dislike" each other, and that is not the purpose of this site. I leave these threads open because, generally speaking, I think people do a great job of not getting too personal. But "SMH" is both childish and rude, IMO, and so if you want to continue to be able to discuss things like this here, let's please continue to do so with some level of respect.

Again, I haven't read this thread much at all, so if all the "SMHers" are on one side of the argument, that's coincidental and news to me. I'm not voicing my opinion on which side is right here, I'm just asking that people stop figuratively "shaking their heads" at their fellow members.

If you have a follow-up, PM me, as it's OT for this thread.

Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Being treated for PTSD and driving around with loaded guns makes it even worse.

He has a 1-hour interview with Greta on now and again around 10 ET. I hope you and others watch because I think you will find this guy is deserving of our mercy. He is a mess. I wish the best for him.

He has a 1-hour interview with Greta on now and again around 10 ET. I hope you and others watch because I think you will find this guy is deserving of our mercy. He is a mess. I wish the best for him.

I have nothing against him and hope he gets help. My problem is people pretending that this is a military issue and the guy got illegally detained in a foreign country.

Ryan M

I have nothing against him and hope he gets help. My problem is people pretending that this is a military issue and the guy got illegally detained in a foreign country.

Well, I never saw it that way. As I watched the interview tonight, I saw some clips of his Marine buddies with quotes to that effect, which I think is understandable. But, Fox News never portrayed it that way, in my mind. The Marine aspect was relevant for a couple reasons: 1. Because he was moving to San Diego to get treatment for PTSD and 2. To illustrate that a soldier who put his life on the line by serving 2 tours in Afghanistan was being ignored by this government. I think both of which are reasonable.

Well, I never saw it that way. As I watched the interview tonight, I saw some clips of his Marine buddies with quotes to that effect, which I think is understandable. But, Fox News never portrayed it that way, in my mind.

The Marine aspect was relevant for a couple reasons: 1. Because he was moving to San Diego to get treatment for PTSD and 2. To illustrate that a soldier who put his life on the line by serving 2 tours in Afghanistan was being ignored by this government. I think both of which are reasonable.

I didn't say Fox, I said people. It's all over conservative FB pages and was shared all over.

Ryan M

Well, I never saw it that way. As I watched the interview tonight, I saw some clips of his Marine buddies with quotes to that effect, which I think is understandable. But, Fox News never portrayed it that way, in my mind. The Marine aspect was relevant for a couple reasons: 1. Because he was moving to San Diego to get treatment for PTSD and 2. To illustrate that a soldier who put his life on the line by serving 2 tours in Afghanistan was being ignored by this government. I think both of which are reasonable.

and that is just another example of the Fox spin and you buy it. He was NEVER ignored by his government. The situation was monitored by the State Department, they insured that he was not mistreated and they were always lobbying for his release. But it is not their place to interfere with the Judicial process in a foreign country and they let it run it's course. And the idea that he should get more intervention than any other American citizen is offensive.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!