IGNORED

Patrick Reed's Homophobic Outburst

Shorty
Note: This thread is 3456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's kind of a meaningless statement.  Are they the "most powerful" because of marriage equality trends across the country?  Or because of growing media trends covering more LGBT issues?  What real power does that 'bloc' have?  Keep in mind that basic civil rights aren't (or at least shouldn't be, in a democratic republic) a manifestation of power.

I wouldn't say that the 2% are the most powerful right now. They are winning more cases than losing cases in appeals and lawsuits.

If you want to look at real power, in terms of electoral, it still the African American vote and the Latino vote that hold the most power. Especially in the swing states like Florida.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't say that the 2% are the most powerful right now. They are winning more cases than losing cases in appeals and lawsuits.  If you want to look at real power, in terms of electoral, it still the African American vote and the Latino vote that hold the most power. Especially in the swing states like Florida.

The point was that those 2% of people manifest as something much more than that. They got a CEO from Cisco or some like company fired simply because he gave money to a pro-marriage group at some point years before. They are a powerful force. Blacks are certainly more powerful but they make up 13% of the nation so that makes more sense. Latinos, I think, have surpassed that or are well on the way.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

The point was that those 2% of people manifest as something much more than that. They got a CEO from Cisco or some like company fired simply because he gave money to a pro-marriage group at some point years before. They are a powerful force.

Blacks are certainly more powerful but they make up 13% of the nation so that makes more sense. Latinos, I think, have surpassed that or are well on the way.

Yeah, that's an accurate name for what those people stand for. :doh:

The point was that those 2% of people manifest as something much more than that. They got a CEO from Cisco or some like company fired simply because he gave money to a pro-marriage group at some point years before. They are a powerful force.

Blacks are certainly more powerful but they make up 13% of the nation so that makes more sense. Latinos, I think, have surpassed that or are well on the way.

I think it was the CEO for Mozilla. This is from Forbes Magazine.

The Mozilla Board that appointed him knew about his donation;  they did not “remove him because of his views.” If that alone was the issue, they simply wouldn’t have given him the job in the first place. Resignation (after only 11 days in the CEO role) became the only viable path forward when a sizable portion of the Mozilla Community refused to follow the person that the Board designated to lead the organization. That wide refusal and rejection fomented the issue, and Eich’s decision to maintain his public stance on gay marriage — as is his right — created an impasse. It is incorrect to say that he was fired or removed; it is fair, though, to say that he was forced out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yeah, that's an accurate name for what those people stand for. :doh:

You crusade-seekers wear me out. It was a group that was against that gay marriage prop on the ballot in '10, I believe. Do you believe they are Satan's spawn because they have different beliefs than you?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Guys, if you want to create a general purpose gay marriage rights thread, do so. But this one's specifically about Patrick Reed. Thanks. :offtopic:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

@Ernest Jones nailed in on the first page.

This is probably more juvenile than homophobic.  Unfortunately it takes time to filter this stuff out completely.  He should still be criticized, that speeds the filtering.  But outrage by everyone isn't necessary.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• iacas changed the title to Patrick Reed's Homophobic Outburst
Note: This thread is 3456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!