IGNORED

Guy told me to go " F" myself at the driving range last weekend.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When you grow up in a " lower class" hood,most, if not all you have is your pride. 99% of the time, it will involve a fight. My mom left my dad when I was 15, we moved to a very tough neighborhood, cuz the rent was low. My mom, 1 brother, and 2 sisters shared a 2 bedroom apt. we never had a phone, all we got was welfare, at that time I had no medical, or dental insurance. We had no car.

So, to give you a prospective from a "gehtto" side of things, someone even calls you a name, and it's on, If you don't respond, your labeled a Chicken, and from that day on, everyone and their brother will either call you names, beat the crap out of you, and take your lunch money, every day. One time a guy that lived next door to us, slapped my then 12 yr old brother, this guy was at least 30 yrs old.

I went and knocked on his door, no answer. The next day I saw him walking toward the apt building, asked why he slapped my brother, he said cuz he was mouthy toward him, so I said so you you just up and slapped him..? He says yup, I said well, try slapping me, I ended up breaking his jaw. After that day, he and his friends Never would even look at me or any of my family. Word gets around, and you get respect, that's how you survive.

I had been in more fights than I could count by the time I was 17, when I moved out. Was it right..? nope, but you did what you had to do, some guys never got over that mentality, some that were picked on, carried a hatred, I guess, and figure when they are grown, they can say FU and get away with it, sometimes you can, and other times, not so much.

So for 5 pages, you guys give the OP grief for gettin in the guys face, maybe, he did the guy a favor, by letting the dude know, you talk like that, there may be consequences. Not saying it's right, but that's the way things go.

So, what about all the fights at sporting events, where grown men fight in front of kids..? Now there's something to talk about...

I can relate to this.   My advice to others who don't know what hammer 4 is talking about ... don't draw the first blood.   You never know what the other guy will come back with.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the Hammer. Some guy says, "go F yourself" with no good cause and you just take it like a little bitch?  I don't think so.  You have to address that immediately.

There were no punches thrown, no physical contact, no subsequent escalation.  It just ended up with the stall saving prick wetting himself.  Maybe he'll figure out a way to get along next time instead of talking trash that he can't back up.  Aslo, it's a driving range stall, not a tee time at Bethpage Black for cryin' out loud.

The "go F yourself" guy was in the wrong. The OP was clearly vacating the premises voluntarily.  This could have ended very badly with injuries and criminal records. But it didn't.

Occam's razor

I agree with the Hammer. Some guy says, "go F yourself" with no good cause and you just take it like a little bitch?  I don't think so.  You have to address that immediately. There were no punches thrown, no physical contact, no subsequent escalation.  It just ended up with the stall saving prick wetting himself.  Maybe he'll figure out a way to get along next time instead of talking trash that he can't back up.  Aslo, it's a driving range stall, not a tee time at Bethpage Black for cryin' out loud. The "go F yourself" guy was in the wrong. The OP was clearly vacating the premises voluntarily.  This could have ended very badly with injuries and criminal records. But it didn't.

I disagree that you have to address it immediately. Escalating a situation to physical violence is not the answer. If the man had made threats towards my wife and kids, then I do something. Otherwise, IMO, its best to just move along.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I disagree that you have to address it immediately. Escalating a situation to physical violence is not the answer.

If the man had made threats towards my wife and kids, then I do something. Otherwise, IMO, its best to just move along.

The escalating to physical violence is not the answer, totally agree.  But here's from the original post:

Quote:
I was not believing my ears, I ask him if he just told me to f myself. Without waiting for an answer I walked up to about 6 inches from him looked into his terrified eyes and said f you and walked away, I was so mad I was shaking as I walked away.

He got up in the guy's face, yelled F you and walked away.  So I think that's addressing a bad situation and then leaving well enough alone.  (admitedly, an F bomb doesn't raise the dialog out of the gutter).  Thankfully the wife wasn't there to see it.  Then all bets are off.  You never want to rip a guy's manhood in front of their wife or kids.  That's unforgivable and unnecessary.

Occam's razor

Well, remember that this is a different day than what I grew up in, I'm almost 66.  Someone around you has a camera with video waiting to put you on YouTube or give to the enforcers of the law and lawyers.  Might be embarrassing to have a live video of you getting your arse whipped go viral...My experience is that today, it is quite possible that anyone you deal with is armed in some way.

Unless you feel physically threatened and have no means to escape, you best just let it go, be the bigger guy and move over a few stalls.  You can always walk away from the Monkey Dance, but if you choose to stay and kind of taunt the guy, the tables can be turned on you and show you as the problem.  Chances are, the individual with the phone videoing the incident did not turn the video on until after the first verbal exchange and only begins with you in his face spewing profanity....That is what a jury will see...Think About It!

Roy

Meh...every time I hear someone talk tough on the internet I automatically assume it's a wuss doing the typing. Lots of wusses in this thread. Ohhh....Ghetto Wusses™...the most feared of all. ROFL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

He got up in the guy's face, yelled F you and walked away.  So I think that's addressing a bad situation and then leaving well enough alone.  (admitedly, an F bomb doesn't raise the dialog out of the gutter).  Thankfully the wife wasn't there to see it.  Then all bets are off.  You never want to rip a guy's manhood in front of their wife or kids.  That's unforgivable and unnecessary.

What good could possibly come from this?

IMO nothing, and many bad things could happen.  What if the guy is a nut job and has a weapon?

Also IMO, it takes a bigger man to walk away from such things.  Many times I kick myself at work for getting angry and raising my voice when dealing with certain issues.  I hold myself to a higher standard than that.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

People like you need to grow the **** up or something.-Hopefully you will choose to do this at the wrong time and get your face punched in. Neanderthal dope.-Whatever it is youve been doing stop-Its killing all your brain cells you dope. Oh wah wah cry to your mommy someone called names. .

Honestly sometimes society needs a little fear balance, Bill Burr said it one of his routines about how women can say pretty much anything without being hit. Same goes for the fu guy, you can't use language like this unless you are prepared to back it up. The op taught the guy a lesson in some ways. Laws protect people who passively provoke knowing that they can hide behind them and an altercation is rare. I still feel sometimes a good ass kicking would help people think twice about firing off explicits and being more patient and respectful to others. Just like you @Phil McGleno , if you accosted strangers like some of the less fortunate fellas on the street, the way you have here they might just knock you out. I do not condone physical violence or want to hurt anyone ever, period. But you can't go around poking everyone with a stick either.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

C'mon guys, saying GFY to someone is a dick move, but it isn't a threat. Laugh at the guy for being so small and move on.

I've gotten in a couple worthless fights before, but none started from something this small. If I fought someone every time they said something like that to me, I'd be a prize fighter by now...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

If you truly came from the ghetto then you also know that getting in a persons face could get you shot.   Fighting today isn't like when we were kids, people don't take a beating, go home and forget about it.  Today, they take a beating then drive by your house and either shoot you or jump you with a bunch of friends and put you in the hospital.

I think you need to be smarter today and make sure you're ready for the consequences when you decide to escalate a really stupid situation.

Joe Paradiso

We kicked two members out last year for fighting on the golf course. Actually, it really wasn't a fight, as one guy dropped the other with one shot. Personally, I feel that he was threatened to a point where he was justified in throwing the punch, but the confrontation didn't need to escalate to that point and could have been avoided altogether.

We sent a message and I doubt anything like that will happen again. But who knows, 85% of our membership is either Irish or Italian Catholic and most of them grew up fighting their brothers and sisters at home so it becomes kind of second nature. :-D

Bill M

Not the hill I'd choose to die on, but to each his own.

Yeah, it seems kind of silly to risk possible injury or death for a practice range stall. :-X

We kicked two members out last year for fighting on the golf course. Actually, it really wasn't a fight, as one guy dropped the other with one shot. Personally, I feel that he was threatened to a point where he was justified in throwing the punch, but the confrontation didn't need to escalate to that point and could have been avoided altogether.

We sent a message and I doubt anything like that will happen again. But who knows, 85% of our membership is either Irish or Italian Catholic and most of them grew up fighting their brothers and sisters at home so it becomes kind of second nature.

Not stereotyping or anything, right? :-O

I agree that there are cultures where fighting is part of life, and it usually doesn't escalate past a couple punches. However, in some cultures if you punch someone it could escalate well beyond that.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

We kicked two members out last year for fighting on the golf course. Actually, it really wasn't a fight, as one guy dropped the other with one shot. Personally, I feel that he was threatened to a point where he was justified in throwing the punch, but the confrontation didn't need to escalate to that point and could have been avoided altogether. We sent a message and I doubt anything like that will happen again. But who knows, 85% of our membership is either Irish or Italian Catholic and most of them grew up fighting their brothers and sisters at home so it becomes kind of second nature.:-D

Weird how I thought you were rascist way back in that old tiger thread...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
Weird how I thought you were rascist way back in that old tiger thread...

And… that's wildly OT and the poster is now restricted from the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A+ thread, would read again.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator
Apparently, Phil McNonads didn't like my post. Guess he's "turn the other cheek" guy. IOW, a victim.

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Walking away from an escalating situation makes you "a victim?" Please.

A bigger, smarter man walks away and doesn't feel the need to put himself in a potentially dangerous situation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!