IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My elation was short lived...seems the only consistency I have is being inconsistent.I was at the indoor simulator the other day,maybe it was the way I slept, my mood,whatever other shit that goes on in ones life....but my swing,tempo,body turn just wasn't there. I averaged 240+/- yards, my mishits were just terrible and my swing speed could not get near 100 mph, more like 93+/-. When I tried to swing fast I was all over the place. But put that all aside, what I am really working on this winter is my launch degree.last season I was 5-7 degrees with a serious duck hook.My hybrid and 5 wood were non exsistent. My longest club was a 5 iron. My scores were in the low 90's, breaking 90 was a pipe dream. Now with a new driver, these super swing sticks, a nice simulator, and a better understanding of my gold game (because of LSW) I feel more confident of my game. now to answer BJ's questions.... The sim. was one I used before I bought the super swing sticks.... I am swinging the sticks fast but in control.I found this method better served for me. my ball flight now (driver) has a launch from 11-13 degrees, and a nice draw(better then my hook, with a push every now and then to keep slapping me in the face.... for 40 straight days I have swung a club with a focus on a finger grip in my right hand, not my old death grip hook grip.

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please note that I was considering two options to increase my swing speed; Super Speed Golf and the Swing Man Training Program.

I have opted to try the Jaacob Bowden Swing Man Training Program and will simply link to pre-existing post or create new posting on same.  Per the webinar that was hosted by Jaacob Bowden you don't need anything special.  However, he did recommend a swing speed radar to monitor results and perhaps resistance bands.

So I went ahead and purchased the program.  For those who may have questions regarding the cost of the program, it does seem to be a bit confusing since there is a $49.95 initial charge and then apparently a subsequent $49.99 on going monthly charge.  But the promotion seems to indicate $49.95 provides unlimited access to the program.  Regardless, there is a Money Back guarantee if for "any reason", being unhappy with the program you get your money back.

I've secured the Swing Speed Radar (blue) and have previously bought the GolfGym PowerSwing Training Program and PowerSwing Plus Grip attachment (resistance tubes).

Again, I will post my results via hitch hiking on existing post of Swing Man Training Program post or create new post.

My elation was short lived...seems the only consistency I have is being inconsistent.I was at the indoor simulator the other day,maybe it was the way I slept, my mood,whatever other shit that goes on in ones life....but my swing,tempo,body turn just wasn't there. I averaged 240+/- yards, my mishits were just terrible and my swing speed could not get near 100 mph, more like 93+/-. When I tried to swing fast I was all over the place. But put that all aside, what I am really working on this winter is my launch degree.last season I was 5-7 degrees with a serious duck hook.My hybrid and 5 wood were non exsistent. My longest club was a 5 iron. My scores were in the low 90's, breaking 90 was a pipe dream. Now with a new driver, these super swing sticks, a nice simulator, and a better understanding of my gold game (because of LSW) I feel more confident of my game.

now to answer BJ's questions....

The sim. was one I used before I bought the super swing sticks....

I am swinging the sticks fast but in control.I found this method better served for me.

my ball flight now (driver) has a launch from 11-13 degrees, and a nice draw(better then my hook, with a push every now and then to keep slapping me in the face....

for 40 straight days I have swung a club with a focus on a finger grip in my right hand, not my old death grip hook grip.

I hope you don't mind having me share my thoughts.

We initially baseline our swing speed with the appropriate tempo and striking a ball.  We then implement the conditioning drills (with speed sticks) that challenge you (us) to swing as fast as you can with less focus on control / tempo.  However, the conditioning drills work the appropriate muscles to achieve the end result of increased swing speed.

Then when we re-test our selves keeping in mind that we need to keep our tempo in check, so the re-test is your swing and not the conditioning swing.  However, the net SS with proper tempo (compared to your initial baseline) has increased.

Personally, I am in the process of working in increasing my swing speed with consistency and really focusing on maintaining my tempo.  Note: I did not sign up Super Speed Golf (still may consider it) and utilizing another program.   Regardless, I am working on making center contact with a slight increase in launch angle.  My initial SS using a simulator was high 80's and one at 91 with a launch angle of 12.8 (I was selecting a new driver).  I then worked a few drills (nothing related to any program...just basics) and base lined myself to start my training program and averaged 90 mph (highest at 93 mph) with 15 struck balls.  I am also working on increasing launch, but seems that my spin rate might still be up at a level that is not promoting enough rollout.  I have to layoff a bit since I was also going thru a stretching and muscle conditioning program and tweaked my hamstring / glute muscle (got too aggressive with roller).

I will continue to follow this thread and start or hitchhike on thread of program I will be using.

Wish you the best in your efforts!

I can understand what you're trying to accomplish...As with me, I want a faster swing speed(95-100mph), with a better launch degree then last year, but most important I want to see my smash factor consistently 1.4. I swing the super speed sticks everyday, ramping my speed up but staying with very good form...time will tell !

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

• 1 month later...

I thought I would give a little update on my progress with the Super Speed Golf system. I have been doing the program pretty consistently for about two months. I track my progress on a white board that hangs on a wall right in front of where I train. I fairly competitive so having my past result right in front of me give me something to shoot for each training session. I have only had two opportunities to actually hit my driver since I started training. The first was at a dome where I brought my swing speed radar. The session was very encouraging (or so I thought). Making smooth swing that focused on good contact my speed was up about 6 to 8 miles an hour. My next opportunity was at Golf Evolution where I hit some shots on their Flight Scope. I only hit 4 drives there but it was apparent that my speed was not up and I was still flipping at the ball. See details here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/80490/my-swing-bjfox10

I believe that even though I was doing my best to make sound fundamental swings my competitive side got the better of me and I used that flip so that I could increase my speed results.

I still believe the system can be beneficial for increasing swing speed. I just need to better monitor how I am moving the club while I train. I plan recording a couple of swings about once a week so that I can make sure that I do not fall back into bad habits.

I have heard some where that speed kills...

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

I had to stop my training after hurting my forearm in January.  I am going to start up again next week as it has finally healed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Here's my version of the super swing speed training. I call it a "beginner's" version. I'm using the golf fan, basically a golf shaft with 4 fins attached to it. It weighs about the same as two of my 3i but is short. I also cut some 3/4" PVC pipe down to the length of a 3i and attached some rags on the end with Velcro fasteners. I start off with about 20 light swings with the PVC pipe, gradually making them faster and faster. Next swing 20 full swings with this. Rest a few minutes, then start using the golf fan. I swing about 10 times for 3 sets. Warm down with the PVC for about another 20 swings going from full swings down to 1/2 swings. Stretch. This has also helped me figure out which muscles to fire on the downswing. Previously, I was using lateral motion muscles instead of the "pulling down" ones. This meant that my lead arm did most of the work and my dominant arm was being pulled along for the ride. At this point, both lats seem to be pulling down on the club for way more power. This major difference is what I am trying to get used to before focusing on keys again. Of course, I am trying to use the keys, I'm just not focused on them. The net effect is that I can hear a much more aggressive swish on my practice swings, and I can get way more aggressive with my swing. The few times I make decent contact, the ball goes much farther than before. That's the good news, the bad news is that I still need to get used to using these new muscles and speed then work on my keys again as a completely "new" golfer. Mike's going to have his work cut out for him. This is why I thought super speed training is more for people who are already using the correct muscles, and want to optimize their swing like Cedrictheo. Higher handicaps could injure themselves. Just imagine doing this training using the lateral motion muscles. You could easily lead to injury of the scapula rear deltoid and triceps. I've injured myself multiple times using the wrong muscle groups. Lesson learned.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I'll revive this with my own progress reports: 

i got the  clubs for Christmas and started the program on January 8, 2018.  My beginning swing speed with the blue Sport Sensor swing speed radar was 112 mph.  I'm not big or young...5'5", 143 lbs and 56.  

I started with the Intro protocol.  Just loosened up on my own and then would get into it.  I did it on average 4 times per week, not 3 like the program says to.  It's addicting is the problem!

I've decided to stick with the protocols as posted on the super speed website.

I'm now finishing week 5.  I measured my club head speed and it is now up to 119 mph.

Next week I start protocol 1.  I tried it today and even with a thick foam pad the inside of my left knee hurts a bit when doing the kneeling drills.  On the FAQ they say u can stand with your feet together instead.  So at the gym I'll try to get through it on my knees, if not I'll stand and if I do it at home I'll stand.

It's winter  here but after not hitting a driver on the launch monitor for a month I did hit one and saw the gains before checking to see if my speed increased on the radar.  Very happy with Superspeed ....probably why u can't find them " used" on eBay...they work!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just found out something.  A "set" lifting weights and a " set" according to superspeed golf are 2 different things.

Super speed intro is standing swings.  3 sets, 3 clubs doing 3 dominant and 3 non dominant side swings with each club.  To me...and what I did each session was think that 1 set was 6 swings with green club, 6 blue and 6 red done standing 3 times through ( 3 sets right?)...

Wrong...

Found out after I finished the intro protocol was that one set was 6 swings with the green, set 2 was 6 swings with the blue and the third set was 6 swings with the red.  Then move on to the same thing doing " step change".

What this means is every time I did a session, I did 3 times the amount of swings.  Sort wondered why level one after intro was so brutal.  I did it for a week and was doing 275 swings each session.  I was very tired and it took upwards on 30 minutes.

As far as progress, I did hit some drivers on my SIM over the past few weeks.  I've gained around 20 yards, all the numbers are up.  Pretty good for 6 weeks.

Now it seems like I'm cheating I'm done so fast.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 4:12 PM, Typhoon92 said:

Well I just found out something.  A "set" lifting weights and a " set" according to superspeed golf are 2 different things.

Super speed intro is standing swings.  3 sets, 3 clubs doing 3 dominant and 3 non dominant side swings with each club.  To me...and what I did each session was think that 1 set was 6 swings with green club, 6 blue and 6 red done standing 3 times through ( 3 sets right?)...

Wrong...

Found out after I finished the intro protocol was that one set was 6 swings with the green, set 2 was 6 swings with the blue and the third set was 6 swings with the red.  Then move on to the same thing doing " step change".

What this means is every time I did a session, I did 3 times the amount of swings.  Sort wondered why level one after intro was so brutal.  I did it for a week and was doing 275 swings each session.  I was very tired and it took upwards on 30 minutes.

As far as progress, I did hit some drivers on my SIM over the past few weeks.  I've gained around 20 yards, all the numbers are up.  Pretty good for 6 weeks.

Now it seems like I'm cheating I'm done so fast.

I have them but have not been using them, I need to get some swing changes sorted out first. I got them for father's day I think last year I used them for a little bit and I saw my swing speed increase. 

Have you not watched the videos how to do the protocols?

17 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

I have them but have not been using them, I need to get some swing changes sorted out first. I got them for father's day I think last year I used them for a little bit and I saw my swing speed increase. 

Have you not watched the videos how to do the protocols?

No, I watched the videos...I took it as they were " showing you" how to do the protocol.  I thought they were going through " one set"....not the whole thing.

Like I said, I'm used to the gym mentality where " one set" was 3 clubs standing...not each color was a " set".

It really didn't hurt me...I picked up a lot during the intro.  It wasn't a ton of swings doing it 3 times.  Where it got stupid was level one with me doing 275 swings.  Glad I saw the chart on Facebook.

1 minute ago, Typhoon92 said:

No, I watched the videos...I took it as they were " showing you" how to do the protocol.  I thought they were going through " one set"....not the whole thing.

Like I said, I'm used to the gym mentality where " one set" was 3 clubs standing...not each color was a " set".

It really didn't hurt me...I picked up a lot during the intro.  It wasn't a ton of swings doing it 3 times.  Where it got stupid was level one with me doing 275 swings.  Glad I saw the chart on Facebook.

LOL ya that is a lot of swings. 

Yeah, thought I was gonna die.  I felt guilty a couple times doing 4 swings instead of 5 but I just couldn't get "up" for doing it.  It was taking a half hour too.  I looked ahead to the next protocols to see if they upped the swings because I was going to go out and buy myself a cemetary spot.  Thank God it  going to be more...figured I'd get used to it.

Like I said before...now it seems like nothing!  Great program though.  It's good to find something that is proven and works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hitting balls at work on the gc2 and the AG simulator.  All I look for on these things is what I WAS hitting at and where I am now.  Since January I've picked up 20-30 yards...I'm amazed.

• 3 months later...

Do the folks who have been using this still recommend it?  I hadn't heard of it but a recent mention in another thread caused me to notice the ad, caused me to see the video, and now I'm thinking of getting it too.  I already do the medicine ball drill from LSW once or twice a week, but this seems like something I could do on the regular.  Distance would certainly help me, even at the same angular accuracy I'm hitting now.  

GameGolf tells me my driver distance is something like 15 yards less than my handicap level average (latest numbers say I'm 16 yards behind an average 15 handicap;  I'm a 14.0 trending 13.8 at the moment), despite gaining strokes driving compared to the same 15 hcp.  So... even beyond the obvious what one can gain from +20 yards with the same accuracy, this is something I'd really like.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Some context I suppose I should offer some context to my question.  My driver swing speed is in the low-to-mid 90s;  when I was fitted for a fairway wood recently, my clubhead speed with a 3-wood was 92 mph on average.  So I'm really interested in if you think this product would be good for me.  I have space to swing inside (I can't quite tell if it's a full driver or if I'm supposed to hit my driver right after, but I have no problem putting them in my bag and going to a range with them if need be).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

I do @Shindig.

I’ll write more later but both my daughter and I re-started after doing it this winter.

I think it’s useful. That’s why I have the link at the bottom.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, Shindig said:

Some context I suppose I should offer some context to my question.  My driver swing speed is in the low-to-mid 90s;  when I was fitted for a fairway wood recently, my clubhead speed with a 3-wood was 92 mph on average.  So I'm really interested in if you think this product would be good for me.  I have space to swing inside (I can't quite tell if it's a full driver or if I'm supposed to hit my driver right after, but I have no problem putting them in my bag and going to a range with them if need be).

We can meet at Brookside sometime, and you can try them out. I’m going back east for a couple weeks, but will be back early August.

They work really well.

And I have a Mevo so you can see before and after...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!