IGNORED

Denver area golf advice

Wittler
Note: This thread is 1669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

12th hole at Fossil Trace

What's up with that crane ???

Glad you had fun, Colorado Golf is very enjoyable.  :beer: 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

but bottom of the barrel for golf

Sorry I disagree, Golf in Colorado is extraordinary with many variations of designs.
Denver area has many very good public and private courses along with the front range north and south along I-25
from Pueblo to Fort Collins.
Mountain golf is exceptional with many courses in every ski town.
Then one can travel west and experience courses in the Mesa areas around Grand Junction.

No state in the US offers the variety of golf which Colorado offers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Glad you had fun, Colorado Golf is very enjoyable.  :beer: 

It's not a crane, it's an old excavator.  There are 2 of them perched like birds of prey over a couple of fairways.  I guess they're there for ambience.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

39 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

7 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

It's not a crane, it's an old excavator.  There are 2 of them perched like birds of prey over a couple of fairways.  I guess they're there for ambience.

Here's another one:

1905905978_fossiltrace.thumb.JPG.5983b96a9bcdc3a24f3b35559d8b36d1.JPG

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

8 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

1896939039_Fossiltrace.thumb.jpg.81a0795917b50481234749564e89a523.jpg

That sure looks like a "Crane Hoist" to me.

I've seen many old pieces of mining equipment, farm equip, etc on golf courses.
Adds a little "Flavor" to the heritage of the county side. 😉

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

No state in the US offers the variety of golf which Colorado offers.

Maybe so, I did see many gorgeous courses in my time there. They were particularly beautiful when covered in snow.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

-20? Below 30 for 64 days? I’ve lived in Colorado, Michigan, New York and Montana. Snow lovers seem to take offense when they’re told their  weather sucks. Hey, some love it...some don’t. I don’t. So yeah, I’ve spent many years in the world of winter.  And I’ve lived in the Caribbean and Africa. I’ll take warm to hot any day over miserable winters. Funny thing is in all the cold places I’ve lived...they always brag about their summer weather. 

So when those of us who enjoy Florida weather are told places like Denver are all year round golfing....you’re gonna get some disagreement. And again, I lived very close to there and it was far from year round. Many people don’t consider 16* and sunny good golf weather. Power to ya if you do. Again, I lived there. Miserable.

You must have a really bad memory then because at least half of your first post about Denver's winter was completely wrong. I don't really care if you disliked Denver's winters. Our snow season can literally be 9 months. It drags on everybody when it snows in May. But, uh, we average over 3,000 hours of sunshine a year - similar to Florida - and our average high temperature is at least over 10 degrees above freezing every month of the year. 

If you don't like it, great. One fewer person to move here and drive up the price of real estate.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

32 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

You must have a really bad memory then because at least half of your first post about Denver's winter was completely wrong. I don't really care if you disliked Denver's winters. Our snow season can literally be 9 months. It drags on everybody when it snows in May. But, uh, we average over 3,000 hours of sunshine a year - similar to Florida - and our average high temperature is at least over 10 degrees above freezing every month of the year. 

If you don't like it, great. One fewer person to move here and drive up the price of real estate.

Look, I think it’s a little silly to try to compare Colorado golf to Florida with regards to weather. I mean, come on. You keep saying ‘sunshine’. Big deal. There was sunshine in Montana but it was -10. Hardly golf weather. And I did move there and promptly left because the weather sucks. Period. I’ve said nothing about the courses. They’re great. Colorado is a great state. But sunshine alone is meaningless when you’ll freeze your face and hands playing golf. I’ll quit bugging about this but please, don’t tell me that golf is available as often as it is in Florida. November to May I’ll get in tons of more golf than anybody in Colorado. Period. Unless you consider wearing two layers on your legs, winter golf mitts and a face guard as comfortable. Similar to Florida? Lol. Come on man....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

Look, I think it’s a little silly to try to compare Colorado golf to Florida with regards to weather. I mean, come on. You keep saying ‘sunshine’. Big deal. There was sunshine in Montana but it was -10. Hardly golf weather. And I did move there and promptly left because the weather sucks. Period. I’ve said nothing about the courses. They’re great. Colorado is a great state. But sunshine alone is meaningless when you’ll freeze your face and hands playing golf. I’ll quit bugging about this but please, don’t tell me that golf is available as often as it is in Florida. November to May I’ll get in tons of more golf than anybody in Colorado. Period. Unless you consider wearing two layers on your legs, winter golf mitts and a face guard as comfortable. Similar to Florida? Lol. Come on man....

giphy.gif

Look, this is all :offtopic: anyways, so please feel free to stop posting in here if you're just going to complain about Colorado's weather.

-- Daniel

• 1 year later...

Got together with another TST member this past weekend for a quick 9 holes. Bonus points if you can guess who the other member was.

96B1EC02-D598-458D-954A-5D594723E791.thumb.jpeg.01f2e7b0c4188632fd4c04addda4cfeb.jpeg

-- Daniel

56 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Got together with another TST member this past weekend for a quick 9 holes. Bonus points if you can guess who the other member was.

96B1EC02-D598-458D-954A-5D594723E791.thumb.jpeg.01f2e7b0c4188632fd4c04addda4cfeb.jpeg

Don't know but love the UM golf bag! 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I'm going to give a hint here. I'm the Michigan bag. The other bag is a west team bag from the 2015 Newport Cup.

-- Daniel

Jeff Monken?

On 5/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, Vinsk said:

Where can I go skiing in Florida?  And have a warm brandy sitting by a fireplace watching the snowstorm on the other side of the window?

49 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Jeff Monken?

Where can I go skiing in Florida?  And have a warm brandy sitting by a fireplace watching the snowstorm on the other side of the window?

If I want that I’ll pay for it. And I can leave it anytime I want. You’re not wrong liking the bitter cold and shoveling snow 9 months out of the year. But those of us who prefer shorts and sandals, safe roads, no shoveling, no boots, and year round golf...we’ll pass on Colorado.😛

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If I want that I’ll pay for it. And I can leave it anytime I want. You’re not wrong liking the bitter cold and shoveling snow 9 months out of the year. But those of us who prefer shorts and sandals, safe roads, no shoveling, no boots, and year round golf...we’ll pass on Colorado.😛

I've lived in both Miami Beach and Breckenridge, Colorado.  I'll take the dramatic change of seasons and the added contour lines on the Colorado golf courses.

54 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I've lived in both Miami Beach and Breckenridge, Colorado.  I'll take the dramatic change of seasons and the added contour lines on the Colorado golf courses.

Awesome. All yours.

Note: This thread is 1669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!