IGNORED

TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills (Babe Course)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just need updated handicaps from @Ringworld and @RyMerritt. If you don't know what they are, try to give me a best guess.

From the profile, it looks like RyMerritt is a 21.

Maybe go with that for now?

Brad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From the profile, it looks like RyMerritt is a 21.

Maybe go with that for now?

Brad

For now, that's what I'll do.

BTW everybody, remember that we will each get 80% of our course handicap.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Well that sounds like a plan.  Although I may be less of a golfer than he is LOL.  Hopefully he can put up with my game or lack thereof.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

21 is fair for Ryan ( @ RyMerritt).  his bowling handicap is MUCH lower than that, but for golf, that will work.

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

For now, that's what I'll do.

BTW everybody, remember that we will each get 80% of our course handicap.

Are the teams decided?

Should be perfect weather Sunday.

Are the teams decided?

Should be perfect weather Sunday.

I've been working on them... I'll likely be posting them tonight.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Their head pro called me right now to confirm everything and asked if we wanted to do a long drive contest or closest to the pin or anything like that, so, do we?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Their head pro called me right now to confirm everything and asked if we wanted to do a long drive contest or closest to the pin or anything like that, so, do we?

Let's go with closest to the hole. I can get a prize for that.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Let's go with closest to the hole. I can get a prize for that.

Sounds good, does anybody have a suggestion as to which of the par 3s we should do it on.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Hole 17 seems like a no brainer to me. Nobody's hitting the green on number 7 (a 300 yard par 3???? Holy smokes, is this the US Open???), and you might as well save one last "shot at glory" for those of us who have had a rough golfing day.

Again, thanks Tristan for setting this up.

Sounds good, does anybody have a suggestion as to which of the par 3s we should do it on.

Hole 7 is the longest, from the blues it's 241, so probably not that one.

Hole 13 is downhill and 173, so that might be a good one.

Hole 14 is uphill and 179.

Hole 17 is downhill and 188, wider green, so maybe another good choice as well.

Don't know the course, but based on the scorecard it looks like our best bets are either 13 or 14 ... both are 175-ish and the shortest 3's on the course.  (Or we can play the blacks and use the 7th hole - which is a mere 300 yard par 3 :bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout: )

And based on what I see, I'm guessing 13 is downhill and thus the shorter one ... so I'd vote 13.

But I really have no idea.

Follow up question:  What tees are we playing?

I vote for 13 as well.

Follow up question:  What tees are we playing?

Probably the blue tees.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Alright guys, here are the groups:

I figure that we should all be ok playing the blue tees; if you feel that you should move up a set, let me know (obviously you'll get a few less strokes). I've tried to keep the groups as even as possible (groups 1 and 3 each have a total of 43 strokes, and group 2 has 47 strokes). We will be playing the modified stableford that we've been playing at these. The best 3 scores will count on each hole with the following point structure.

0 - Dbl Bogey or worse

1 - Bogey

2 - Par

3 - Birdie

5 - Eagle

7 - Double Eagle

We'll do the closest to the pin on number 13.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Alright guys, here are the groups: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/122030/] [/URL] I figure that we should all be ok playing the blue tees; if you feel that you should move up a set, let me know (obviously you'll get a few less strokes). I've tried to keep the groups as even as possible (groups 1 and 3 each have a total of 43 strokes, and group 2 has 47 strokes). We will be playing the modified stableford that we've been playing at these. The best 3 scores will count on each hole with the following point structure. 0 - Dbl Bogey or worse 1 - Bogey 2 - Par 3 - Birdie 5 - Eagle 7 - Double Eagle We'll do the closest to the pin on number 13.

Alright! Go pastel green team!!!

Alright guys, here are the groups: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/122030/] [/URL] I figure that we should all be ok playing the blue tees; if you feel that you should move up a set, let me know (obviously you'll get a few less strokes).

You could have just PMed @Golfingdad this rather than call him out publicly.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!