IGNORED

TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills (Babe Course)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was fantastic meeting all of you and playing a round with some of you.  The golf game was far from fantastic (and I'm speaking only of mine), but it was a great way to spend the day.  Thanks to one and all.  We'd love to join you guys again sometime!

Mitch

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You too, Mitch. You hit some good drives today. If you could find a way to repeat that more consistently, you would be all set. Then again, if it were that simple, it wouldn't be golf!

This was quite a fun day. Thanks to everyone who made it, and particular thanks to @tristanhilton85 for organizing it. Also a big thank you to @Ringworld for providing us with neat gear (the towel is especially nice).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Congrats to @Big C for winning the closest to the hole on #13 and a dozen Pro V1's. a

And to the red/salmon team for winning the day. Nice playing @Ringworld , @RyMerritt and @Shindig !

1st hole, tough tee shot

@RyMerritt made this for birdie and a net eagle!

@Ringworld on #13

@Shindig

Nice looking swing here, must be a good player ;-)

Hole #14 where we should have had the closest to the hole :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It was fantastic meeting all of you and playing a round with some of you.  The golf game was far from fantastic (and I'm speaking only of mine), but it was a great way to spend the day.  Thanks to one and all.  We'd love to join you guys again sometime!

Mitch

Yup, we (the green team) has a great time as well!  Jason, Brad, Barrett and myself improved a tad over the last nine holes - I think we had 46 points at the turn, and finished with 97 total - but it wasn't quite enough to hold off the red team, who finished with an even 100.  I'm not sure what the blue team finished with but the body language walking off 18 told me it was not great.

Colin came away with the closest to the pin (by default as none of the rest of us found the green at all;)) and @RyMerritt was the big winner in the skins game, taking home 3, I believe.  Nice playing guys!!

I, myself, had an exceptional day tee to green (8/14 FIR and 12/18 GIR)and then, well, yeah .....   Anyways, great fun was had!!! :beer:

Thanks to all who played, special thanks to @tristanhilton85 for organizing everything, more thanks to @Ringworld for the goodies, and let's try to get another good turnout for our Summer outing!

You too, Mitch. You hit some good drives today. If you could find a way to repeat that more consistently, you would be all set. Then again, if it were that simple, it wouldn't be golf!

Thanks Colin, I attribute my inconsistency to a huge layoff in my golfing activities and am now trying to catch up with where I was years ago.  It's not coming back easily.  Great fun today.  Thanks so much for your encouragement.  I aim to be improved by the next event .... we'll see how that works ;)

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

Had an absolutely amazing time out there today guys- and the whole group was awesome! My first time playing in a large group setting and all the great players around me definitely conjured up some miraculous shots (for me) during the day! Definitely looking forward to doing it again soon, thanks everyone for the hospitality and friendliness :)

Utterly fantastic time. And that's considering that I barely broke 90 and suffered impenetrable traffic on 15 north on the way home. 12 hour day in total for one terrible round of golf, but hanging with the SoCal crew was worth it 100 times over.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Utterly fantastic time. And that's considering that I barely broke 90 and suffered impenetrable traffic on 15 north on the way home. 12 hour day in total for one terrible round of golf, but hanging with the SoCal crew was worth it 100 times over.

It was nice to see you out there again. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one if your schedule allows for it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks to all who played, special thanks to @tristanhilton85 for organizing everything, more thanks to @Ringworld for the goodies, and let's try to get another good turnout for our Summer outing!

+1 for the arrangements and the swag, a very good day at a nice course.  I wish I could have helped the green team a bit more, but sadly my driver said no to that request.  It was impressive watching @Golfingdad and @Bechambo smashing 300 yard bombs.

Look forward to the next one.

Brad

Great to hear everyone had a good time. Thanks to @tristanhilton85 for organizing the day.

Let's do it again in let's say... August?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I also have some pictures on my camera, but I need to take them off the memory card. I didn't have the chance today, but I hope to post them here tomorrow. [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/80388/tst-socal-2015-spring-outing-may-24th-2015-industry-hills-babe-course/306#post_1146210"] Let's do it again in let's say... August? [/quote] August works for me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

OMG you guys took photos of me?!  LOL how embarrassing especially after the first bloody hole.

Great meeting you guys.  Hoping the SWAG was worth the price of admission or better still a parting gift for the teams not so fortunate to win :D

Looking forward to your next outing.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

True that :D... glad to be counted as one of you :D

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

We talked about doing the next outing near Tristan in the Coachella Valley area. If we decide we are crazy enough to brave the desert heat in August, I'll float the idea of august 29-30. My family has plans to be there that weekend so (selfishly) it would be a perfect weekend for me, if that's what we decide.

We talked about doing the next outing near Tristan in the Coachella Valley area. If we decide we are crazy enough to brave the desert heat in August, I'll float the idea of august 29-30. My family has plans to be there that weekend so (selfishly) it would be a perfect weekend for me, if that's what we decide.

We could tee off at 0530. Otherwise we'll be carrying Drew and Mike off the course on a stretcher. BTW I'm out in the Mojave today and it's hoooooottt.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!