IGNORED

Doral Opinions from Snedeker' Caddie

Undr Par
Note: This thread is 3325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25098802/brandt-snedekers-caddie-calls-doral-worst-golf-course-ive-ever-caddied?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

legit complaints from Poulter & Snedeker' Caddie or just basically whining? thoughts... I personally see a valid complaint, but as the video states players do have the right not to play should they not what

They call it the Blue Monster for a reason.

Haha, you beat me to it..

Plus, there are courses that are suited to other types of players, i.e. shorter hitters, ect imho.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two of those bombers had hole-in-ones also.  Maybe time for poor little Ian Poulter to get off social media and hit the practice range after his gym workouts.

• Upvote 1

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Ok now i'm gonna ****ing rant.

1) To Poulter and Sned's caddie - care to elaborate a little more? Merely, saying along the lines of "this course blows" is a joke. Sure its not the most fun, when you are sucking, but its an interesting course that makes you think. Golf would be too boring if every course was the same. Doral is different and hard; stop whining because you sucked this week. Specifically Poulter, you choked at Riviera and now you come to Doral, play poorly and basically blame it on being a short hitter? How about the fact that you were +9 on the Par 3s all week? You've played here before, you know its long. Don't play if you don't feel you can win. And maybe you should practice more; only 1 birdie on the Par 3s all week and you make the excuse that wahhhhh the course is too long for me; booooo hoooo. The amount of time you spend bitching on Twitter, you could be practicing and getting better and maybe not suck as much.

2) Too long? Gimme a ****ing break. Simpson, Moore, Na, Haas and Furyk all finished in the top 12 and played pretty well. They are all short hitters. Bubba was lights out on the front nine putting yesterday; then he choked. Holmes wouldn't have been close to the top if he didnt have one of the best rounds you will ever see at Doral on Thursday and DJ was clutch. Holmes and Bubba finished towards the top because for reason outside of driving it far. Players of all talents, short and long game can compete at Doral.

3) We get it, Donald Trump is an *******. But enough with the bitching already. Either A) shut up, hit the range and gym and be a better golfer or B) play in the Puerto Rico Open and beat an easier field or C) take the week off and still stop bitching. You are a professional golfer for a living. Jesus.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

It's easy to pick on Poulter and Snedeker and say that they're whining because they played poorly, but I think, then, it should be pointed out that Bubba Watson also said, on Friday or Saturday, that he hated this course as well.

Doesn't necessarily add or subtract credence to the previous complaints, but if the argument is that you can't complain just because you play poorly, then I guess it would be worth a mention.

• Upvote 1

Ian Poulter complained about it after his round on Twitter:

Quote:
The longest 3 in the field are position 1,2 and if you hadn't guessed 3rd. Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha

Hey Poulter, guess what? The long game is an advantage. You are still in the bottom half in Greens in Regulation and proximity to the hole. Might want to work on your ball striking more instead of complaining about the course. That shank you hit in the last tournament was a beauty.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Hey Poulter, guess what? The long game is an advantage. You are still in the bottom half in Greens in Regulation and proximity to the hole. Might want to work on your ball striking more instead of complaining about the course. That shank you hit in the last tournament was a beauty.

Dude!!!

Do you want to get banned from his Twitter page or something?!?!?! :-P

Dude!!!

Do you want to get banned from his Twitter page or something?!?!?!

I am sure Poutler is happy I am not on twitter. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can see the complaint on the length of the golf course.  The bombers were taking some of the hazards of the course out of play.  But when one is guaranteed a paycheck in a WGC event, the complaint falls on deaf ears.  What is unfair about WGC events is the guarantee of money and fedex cup points.  But if you have earned a PGA tour card, for the most part, your professional life is good.

• Upvote 1

Michael Collins mentioned in the chat today he heard the course was really unpopular among the tour players and he thought the course was unfair himself. I kind of see a point; the shot by JB Holmes that rolled up the green to the center and still somehow trickled into the water was pretty egregious.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Ofcourse one can complaint about the course, but the way he (Poulter) does it seems more like crying like a little baby. Some courses are more suited for players with good short game, others are not. Deal with it, you are a freaking pro. Besides that, DJ his ironwork last week was pretty amazing as well.

Michael Collins mentioned in the chat today he heard the course was really unpopular among the tour players and he thought the course was unfair himself. I kind of see a point; the shot by JB Holmes that rolled up the green to the center and still somehow trickled into the water was pretty egregious.

But still it was his own choice to go for the green with his 2nd shot on that par 5. I guess he knows the course and the greens, he could also choose to lay it up and take less risk that something like that would happen. In my opinion part of being a pro is that you can play on different courses, in different circumstances. The word 'fair' is completely inappropriate imo since all players play on the same course and have to deal with the same greens, fairways, roughs etc.

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

Dennis Paulson said that the field at Doral had twenty guys that could have won. He said that the course heavily favored long hitters, and guys like Snedeker had very little chance. That seems to fit with Trump's profile. He likes big. Mabye if this wasn't a no cut event, some shorter hitters would skip this event, but it is a no risk pay day. These guys always say they are independent contractors, so, if they don't like a course, don't play. Like it or not, a long, straight hitter is going to have an advantage just about everywhere.
  • Upvote 1

Ofcourse one can complaint about the course, but the way he (Poulter) does it seems more like crying like a little baby. Some courses are more suited for players with good short game, others are not. Deal with it, you are a freaking pro. Besides that, DJ his ironwork last week was pretty amazing as well. But still it was his own choice to go for the green with his 2nd shot on that par 5. I guess he knows the course and the greens, he could also choose to lay it up and take less risk that something like that would happen. In my opinion part of being a pro is that you can play on different courses, in different circumstances. The word 'fair' is completely inappropriate imo since all players play on the same course and have to deal with the same greens, fairways, roughs etc.

I agree in principle, but that particular shot had no business going into the water. It's one thing if the U.S. Open does something like that and it funnels into a collection area, but into the water is absurd.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

What is unfair about WGC events is the guarantee of money and fedex cup points.

Nothing about it is unfair. It's not like they picked the most popular guys on tour too play the event. If you wanna play, find your way into the top 50. Pretty simple.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Alright guys, next year just show up and WD after playing 2 holes and you'll still get to walk home with $43,000. Boo Freakin Hoo, tough life.

• Upvote 1

My opinion is if you are not good enough, and probably with out a chance to win, when playing a certain course, then don't waste yours' and others' time playing that course. It's also my opinion that there are more than a few pro golfers who are more of a whiner, than a true professional. They would rather piss, and moan, while blaming the course, (or others) about why they did not win.  They should be blaming their own poor play on themselves. If you are not long enough to play a course, then work on your game, or just play the shorter courses like the LPGA players do.  I think in Bishop's case, he was right about Poulter.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 3325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!