IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee To Author Golf Instruction Book

Note: This thread is 3104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He's a prick. I won't spend any money on it.

This. Regardless of whether or not I agree with any of his opinions he's just an absolute prick with his delivery.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After rethinking this, I would have to say that if his instruction book has one piece of info that helps golfers, then the book is a good read. I don't care to much for Chamblee as a commentator, or a golf journalist, but maybe he has one little tidbit that might help some one. Perhaps he heard something that might make sense to a poor soul stuck on something. You never know.

I have quite a few golf instruction book, and not one of them comes close to telling the full story on the golf swing, or course management. (although Manuel de la Torre, and Earnest Jones do come pretty close) However, most all of the books I have read, do have at least one decent piece of info. If I found Chamblee's book in the bargain bin for a couple of bucks I would probably buy it. I found one Tiger Wood's book in a bargain bin for $2, so why not Chamblee's.................

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Well, long after his day on the WWW, his book will live, dusty and dry, on some isolated shelf in the Library of Congress, along with thousands of other golf instruction books.  Never read, simply   sorted and shelved.

It is a passion of mine to have my book be the connection of golfing greats as the teachers to the golfing world.  That is how golf instruction use to be.

I hope he has a better editor for the book than he had for the blurb.  Not only is the grammar wrong, his fundamental notion is absurd.  The way golf instruction used to be, players got turned out who were nowhere near as good as the current crop.  Thank goodness he is only talking about golf, not something important like medicine.  I would hate to go back to training Drs. the old-fashioned way - without recourse to all of the technology and advances that make medicine so much more scientific and effective.

Then again, this Classics of Golf site seems very confused about its own mission:

Classics of Golf is the leading source for the finest golf literature. In addition to the 69 books in the Classics of Golf Library collection, which includes books by Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen, C.B. Macdonald, Bernard Darwin, Herbert Warren Wind, Dan Jenkins, P.G. Wodehouse and many more, we publish acclaimed new works such as “Tillinghast: Creator of Golf Courses” and “The United States Amateur” an exhaustive history – and we will be releasing more books this fall, and throughout 2015 and beyond, from golf’s greatest writers.

How can someone who has never written a book before be one of golf's greatest writers??

Or is this a case of relatively obscure website with a narrow focus going completely off-mission so they can get some free publicity?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

After rethinking this, I would have to say that if his instruction book has one piece of info that helps golfers, then the book is a good read. I don't care to much for Chamblee as a commentator, or a golf journalist, but maybe he has one little tidbit that might help some one. Perhaps he heard something that might make sense to a poor soul stuck on something. You never know.

I have quite a few golf instruction book, and not one of them comes close to telling the full story on the golf swing, or course management. (although Manuel de la Torre, and Earnest Jones do come pretty close) However, most all of the books I have read, do have at least one decent piece of info. If I found Chamblee's book in the bargain bin for a couple of bucks I would probably buy it. I found one Tiger Wood's book in a bargain bin for $2, so why not Chamblee's.................

I saw a copy of Ernest Jones for sale and didn't buy, because I thought the swing stuff would be incorporated / superseded by more modern writers. Was there much on course management?

Kevin

• 6 months later...

Maybe this recent swing might give some insight into what he'll write?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!