IGNORED

EA Sports...Rory's McILroy's PGA TOUR :)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been seriously disappointed in this game. I don't think it is worth the $60 price tag. The course selection is seriously lacking, the create a player customization is worse than previous versions of the game, and it is buggy (wildlife disappearing from the screen). The golf physics are great, but I wish they would have spent more time on the course selections and overall polishing of the game.

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AW 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

I was gonna get it cause TW PGA Tour 14 is the shit, but it looks like the career mode sucks and there's only like 3 real courses, which is lame. So I will not be getting it.

Riley

I think it's about 8 real courses, but it's still nothing compared to the 20 or so that TW 14 had!

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AW 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

I was gonna get it cause TW PGA Tour 14 is the shit, but it looks like the career mode sucks and there's only like 3 real courses, which is lame. So I will not be getting it.

Is it going to be another case of for another $15 you can get more courses, or is that all?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it going to be another case of for another $15 you can get more courses, or is that all?

Yeah, I think DLC will be added later.

Riley

I actually managed to create a fairly decent looking player. Then again when i played Dragon Age Inquisition, I managed to create an almost exact Daenerys Targaryan and a near exact Cersei Lannister.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I got it on release day ... I have played it twice ... just having a hard time getting into it. It appears you can not zoom in expert mode (or whatever its called) ... Looks like I will stick to Destiny, just got three elder scrolls this week, so that will keep me busy for a few days .. I had high hopes, granted I have not spent that much time, but I believe I like TW better ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I wish the multiplayer was better. Me and my friend have been playing online and it's fun but I wish it was shot for shot and you can really watch your opponent play instead of just randomly seeing their ball laying around.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

I haven't had a TW PGA Tour game since '07, and I am really disappointed in the lack of real courses/tournaments. I think there needs to be a couple more game modes,too, especially for online play.

Do yourselves a favor and buy "The Golf Club" instead. Much, much better game. Thousands of courses, lots of competition and a very realistic feel to the game. Learning curve is higher though it's worth it.

I hesitated to pull the trigger on TES Online because of all the bugs that were in it, but they constantly patched it and apparently it's running well now. I've been playing Destiny mostly and I only got that a couple weeks ago.

Rory McIlroy Golf? It's a game, and I don't take it that seriously. I play the arcade mode. I'm not proud. It's not complicated that way and I can unlock everything and get my achievements faster.

Gaming is difficult enough. I'm waiting until January so I can get a new pair of regular glasses - I need frames - and I need prisms in my prescription because I see double. I kind of focus with only my left eye and let my right eye do nothing, but when I'm gaming I try to bring both eyes into play and force them to work together. They get tired and I get headaches. That also affected me on the golf course - I noticed on Thursday with my new sunglasses (prisms) I had only one mishit where I hit fat, and one where I raised up out of fear (shoulder) and missed the ball. Everything else was fairly solid.

Julia

Spoiler

If you want to play a full round, go into your tour history, it seems to default to quick play.  Just switch it to 18 hole rounds.  As for the customization, I agree completely!  I was very disappointed in the lack of character customizations, the lack of courses, and most of all, the lack of David Feherty!  I absolutely loved hearing his snide remarks.  Frank Nobilo just doesn't do it for me.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

If you want to play a full round, go into your tour history, it seems to default to quick play.  Just switch it to 18 hole rounds.  As for the customization, I agree completely!  I was very disappointed in the lack of character customizations, the lack of courses, and most of all, the lack of David Feherty!  I absolutely loved hearing his snide remarks.  Frank Nobilo just doesn't do it for me.

Right i used to love the Feherty commentary. The commentary is off a lot they will be saying oh that's a terrible shot and i'll be 2ft from the hole, it happens frequently. I'll have to adjust that, thanks for the info. I'm really enjoying the night club though its kinda designed similar to the tablet PGA game. I played a round at the old course vs my friend and went -18 with my basic char (66) so I'll assume that once your lvled up it should be relative easy to put up some ridiculous numbers just like in the previous versions of the game.

I copped and bought this. I haven't had much time to fool around yet, but I've had mixed reactions so far. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Gameplay is pretty solid. But the lack of courses is a huge negative (they'd better add some with free DLC). And the lack of customization of my PGA pro was weak, too. It feels like they put out an incomplete game. I can't help but feel that it should have been $20 cheaper or come out 3 months later.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Right i used to love the Feherty commentary. The commentary is off a lot they will be saying oh that's a terrible shot and i'll be 2ft from the hole, it happens frequently. I'll have to adjust that, thanks for the info. I'm really enjoying the night club though its kinda designed similar to the tablet PGA game. I played a round at the old course vs my friend and went -18 with my basic char (66) so I'll assume that once your lvled up it should be relative easy to put up some ridiculous numbers just like in the previous versions of the game.

Yeah, that's why they cut the rounds in tour mode to a few holes and simulate the rest of the round. It's the same problem that happens in any sports game like NBA 2KXX. Play full 12 minute quarters even at highest difficulty and you're racking up scores around 190-200 pts easily and shooting at 70% and having your team go undefeated. So you end up slowing the pace down and moving sliders to lower shooting percentages.

It's nice to know I have the "touch of a plumber" on the putting green on the golf course at times. Nice.

Julia

Spoiler

Yeah, that's why they cut the rounds in tour mode to a few holes and simulate the rest of the round. It's the same problem that happens in any sports game like NBA 2KXX. Play full 12 minute quarters even at highest difficulty and you're racking up scores around 190-200 pts easily and shooting at 70% and having your team go undefeated. So you end up slowing the pace down and moving sliders to lower shooting percentages.

It's nice to know I have the "touch of a plumber" on the putting green on the golf course at times. Nice.

Right lol, your not the only one, and I'm assuming that's a bad thing but idk.

Yeah, the "touch of a plumber" is not a good thing. The announcers say that after you miss a putt.

Julia

Spoiler

Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!