IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But he can't truly be dissatisfied after the way the game as been for him over the last year.

No,he shouldn't be but he was pretty pissed after his duck hook.He's in the top ten at the masters and most people didn't think he'd be there but his glory days are over.

If Spieth ties Tiger's record (18-under, 270), I'd give him a 98.5% chance of winning outright, the other 1.5% is having Rose or Lefty shooting getting to 18 and tying him... whether the 6-under guys get back into it with a small chance, depends on how the four in front of them start... For instance, if Spieth comes out a little flat and shoots even par or 1-over, and Tiger, Rory, DJ, N.a., or Streelman can shoot 30 or 31 coming out, they'd only be 3 or 4 back... I know hind-sight is 20/20, but that being said, if Tiger could have posted 207 for the first three rounds, and was 7 back... a 30 on the first nine have been a lot more use useful tomorrow, it'll still help, but now he needs the ghost of Bobby Jones to help out... The best the 6-under guys can really hope for is maybe 2nd... and that would take 64 or so to obtain... If Spieth shoots level par, he will probably win or at worst be in a playoff, if he struggles and the pressure gets to him look for Rosie or Phil to make a move, if we here some Tiger and Rory roars, look out this could become a Masters... In all honesty, I think if Spieth was only one ahead, it might have been better for him...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No,he shouldn't be but he was pretty pissed after his duck hook.He's in the top ten at the masters and most people didn't think he'd be there but his glory days are over.

Generally though his driving has been pretty good - if you took out the absolute shockers from his rounds he'd be right up there (to be fair, you could say that about a lot of people) as most parts of his game have been where they need to be.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

But he can't truly be dissatisfied after the way the game as been for him over the last year.

No, but he's only after one result, and that's a "W" (his term).

His motivation is to compete well enough to win, not to be an also ran.

We are happy he's on the mend. He will say he's happy with his progress, but not the result. He'd say that if he had 62 tomorrow and came second.

If someone asked if he thought he could win on Thursday morning he'd say he wouldn't be there if he didn't.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I think ifJordan pIays his game, and scores a couple of birdies early, he can put the pressure on them, and remind everybody why he's in the lead: nineteen under at the turn would be fun, for a variety of reasons.

Not buying it, Prime of his career has passed, but his game is good enough to win at least one more major, just probably NOT this one... hell Hogan was 41 when he won 3 majors in 1953 AFTER A NEAR FATAL CAR CRASH If Tiger's game is this sharp the rest of the year, he'll win at least 1, maybe 2... he hasn't gotten a lot of breaks this week and you need a few to win any tournament [quote name="b101" url="/t/80870/2015-masters-discussion-thread/1380#post_1127951"] Generally though his driving has been pretty good - if you took out the absolute shockers from his rounds he'd be right up there (to be fair, you could say that about a lot of people) as most parts of his game have been where they need to be. [/quote] Consistently, his ball-striking has been solid this week, his short game technique is solid, just missing his landing spots by a fraction, the chip on 14 for instance, maybe should been played with a 7- or 8-iron instead of a PW, he had the right idea, just didn't envision the ball checking up so much... the bunker shot on 18, was actually really good, about as good as he can do... But his ball-striking is looking like the Tiger of old...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

If Tiger's game is this sharp the rest of the year, he'll win at least 1, maybe 2... he hasn't gotten a lot of breaks this week and you need a few to win any tournament

Majors? You think? Why?

What about Rory and Spieth and a dozen others if their games are sharp?

What breaks has he not had? I haven't seen any bad luck. No balls bouncing into water from a flagstick, for example. Just a mixture of great, good, indifferent and bad.

Majors? You think? Why? What about Rory and Spieth and a dozen others if their games are sharp? What breaks has he not had? I haven't seen any bad luck. No balls bouncing into water from a flagstick, for example. Just a mixture of great, good, indifferent and bad.

You're a Tiger hater admit it... I'm just trying to say that Tiger isn't done winning majors, yes Rory, Jordan, Rickie and their buddies all have sharp enough games to win majors at any time... TIGER IS NOT DONE WINNING MAJORS... I feel like we're doing an impromptu version of PTI on the Sand Trap

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Your just a Tiger hater admit it...

What makes you say that? I love Tiger.

Best to read my post.....it was about him not necessarily winning a couple of majors this year because there are a couple of half decent hackers out there who may like to compete.......

I like Ben Hogan's book: Five Lessons: he seems to know what he's talking about. Once, at a driving range, I got a chance to talk with an old timer who had, once, shagged balls for balls for Ben Hogan: "Mr. Hogan," he referred to him as, same as Jordan Spieth refers to: "Mr. Crenshaw.":)

What makes you say that? I love Tiger. Best to read my post.....it was about him not necessarily winning a couple of majors this year because there are a couple of half decent hackers out there who may like to compete.......

Rory, Jordan and others are great players and if on, are as unbeatable as any... The point I'm trying to make is, Tiger's game is the sharpest I've seen it since he won the 2008 U.S. Open... since the ACL surgery, it's not been the same Tiger, sure he won tournaments after the surgery but it wasn't the same game

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Chambers Bay, a public course, has a USGA course rating, from the Navy Tees, of 75.6 and a Slope of 139.

Info here           https://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=3943

However, Wikipedia              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chambers_Bay

lists the rating as 78.1 with Slope of 146.

So i suspect this muni is on a par with ANGC but with strange greens.  See Wiki, above.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!