IGNORED

How fast do you play?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I suck but I get around the course. I didn't lose any balls yesterday, although I tossed one after 13 holes just because I just had a blow up hole. What got to me on the back 9 was having to wait for a foursome with an open green in front of them that was duffing practically every other shot and treating their round like they were playing in teh Masters. Goddess they were slow. I was on the tee swinging my 3 wood and had a cigarette waiting for them to hit their second shots, hit 30 yds, hit their third shots, so I could hit my drive. Finally, I got impatient and hit my tee shot when they got into their carts and zinged it past them - I didn't think I'd hit it that far, but I really got hold of it. As soon as they finished putting I hit my second shot. They got the message and picked up the pace.

My muscles start stiffening up if I have to stand there and wait a long time. And that's when I usually hit my worst shots. It's an age thing. At my age, once we start an activity we have to keep moving otherwise it's over. Because after sitting in the car for 10 minutes I could hardly move when I got home.

I'm not trying to run a race. I just want to play at a decent pace. If I'm playing in a foursome, we usually finish in 3.5 hrs.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hrs. walking.

Not bad for an old lady! :-D You're welcome in our happy little group anytime, Julia! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Unfortunately you're in Florida. :cry:

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I like to walk for the exercise and take my time and enjoy my round of golf, therefore I look for less popular courses to play. There are two courses near me which I often go to which you don't need a tee time. Matter of fact if I usually tee off at 8:00 AM and there might be one other golfer out there besides me. I just got tired of rude people playing behind me hitting balls that would drop at my feet at the more popular courses. Most of them are younger people riding carts and are racing through the course. Walking a course seems like it's becoming a thing of the past on most of the courses near me. A lot of those dragsters racing through the course on golf carts look as though a little walking exercise wouldn't hurt them.

Walking by myself, on a relatively hilly course, probably under 3 hours. I almost always drop random balls, work on pitching, play two balls, etc. So, I'm not sure what the actual time would be. It's usually 3.5 hours including extra shots and holes.

I don't know how the hell people take 5 hours in cart. I remember walking 18 last Summer on a vacation day. The course was one of the tougher courses to walk, and I caught up to a group on the 18th hole that was teeing off on #10, while I was on #1. So, I walked the entire course in the time they took to ride 9.

I don't know how the hell people take 5 hours in cart.

Simple: They wouldn't know ready golf if it hit them in the face. Most golfers go down the fairway in a gaggle of carts, to one ball together, then the next. Couple that with beginners who may only advance the ball 30-60 yards on any given shot and it adds up to a long round.

I play so fast, that I can play through your group without being seen!    You might suspect something breezed through......and think it was a gust of wind.

HEH

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Yeah. I would go as far as to say the slowest groups on the course are *always* in carts.

It certainly feels that way when I'm stuck behind them, but as others have stated, it's more about the the players awareness than their mode of transportation. Slow ass golfers are slow ass golfers regardless of carts, 6' gimmies or rocket boots.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I find it odd and a bit amusing that, for some golfers, how fast they play is more important than how low they score.

Where did you see that? I guess I may have missed one, but I don't remember a single post that led me to believe that those that play fast, aren't equally interested in playing well......

In David's bag....

Where did you see that? I guess I may have missed one, but I don't remember a single post that led me to believe that those that play fast, aren't equally interested in playing well......

On the golf course, many times.  Funny that you infer that there are posters here who are equally interested in playing well.

On the golf course, many times. Funny that you infer that there are posters here who are equally interested in playing well.

You don't believe that those that prefer to play quickly, aren't equally interested in playing well?

In David's bag....

On the golf course, many times.  Funny that you infer that there are posters here who are equally interested in playing well.

The two are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to play at a glacial pace to play well. Take your time when you need it on a shot to focus, and then don't dawdle during the other times like most do.

I try to play the best I can ... I am a player that is always ready to hit when it is my turn ... I just need to know approximate yardage the center of the green, I do not have a long drawn preshot routine ... I look at my putting line while others putt and again I do not have a long drawn out pre-putt routine ... but I can assure you, I play to the best of my ability ... I just happen to do it quicker than the average guy. I just can't understand what someone is thinking that stands over their ball for extended period of time ... 5-8 practice swings do not help me ... plus 90% of the practice swings I watch people take, are not even remotely close to what they actually do when they hit the ball I guess I am just focused on what I plan to do the whole time I approaching my ball, and while I am waiting for someone to hit ... plus my groups always play ready golf, from tee to green Playing well and playing at a 'faster" pace, in my mind are two different things. In fact, I believe I play worse when pace is slower.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I seem to hit better tee shots when I give the flag stick a quick glance while walking up to the tee box, set the tee, line up and swing. If I give too much thought to the shot, I jinx myself.

My last round was a foursome, sharing 3 carts and that took over 5 hrs. My biggest frustration is golfing with someone who can't control their emotions on bad shots or who don't understand how to count penalty strokes.

I find it odd and a bit amusing that, for some golfers, how fast they play is more important than how low they score.

The pleasure I get from playing a round decreases proportionally to how fast I play a round

I have decent distance, but that has little to do with it. It's all about being efficient and, when playing with others, playing ready golf and not dicking around.

Amen to that. I play with my father and uncle quite a bit and all three of us play ready golf. People that dick around and aren't ready when they should be get on my nerves in all honesty.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!