IGNORED

TST Talks with GAME Golf

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would it be possible to see this 'geofencing' information overlaid on the course map? You could get a lot of solid feedback from interested parties (often with intimate knowledge of how the course is set up and typically played) if the information was available for them to see. Related to the above question, do you have a outside 'beta testing' group who test out new features? Any interest in starting one?

I asked about the overlay idea earlier but got no response about it. I think it would help a lot with editing.

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@GAME Golf, thanks for coming by to discuss your product! I really appreciate the chance to ask you guys some questions I've had.

1) I know that the social aspect of the device is central to the platform, but is there any way to put some better restrictions on privacy? As it is now, it would come up in Google and everything is on blast to the whole world. Making individual rounds private is a really limited way to address this. I haven't added any info to my profile and I don't want to put my full name in there if it's open to everyone. Is there anything you guys can do in this regard? Such as giving us the option to identify ourselves by our usernames to the public and restrict our personal information and pictures to those people we actively form connections with via following or a facebook-like friending option?

2) Is there anything coming or being considered with respect to being able to label and include / exclude individual shots on a more granular level? So, in terms of tagging an individual chip out as such and not have it show up in my club stats? With my 8 iron last week, for instance, I hit it out from under a tree where my hands were on the steel of the shaft. Yeah, I got it out about 110 yards, but that's not a shot that has any value to me stats-wise long term. I know your algorithm adjusts for things like this, but a 110 yard chip out doesn't help my stats while if I mishit my 8 iron on a full swing and it goes 110, I'd like to know that for my planning purposes. Same with drives that look short but may have been up hill or into stiff winds. Or manipulating a 9 iron by hitting it 3/4 strength. Or my 7 iron hit the cart path and went nuts distance-wise. Basically, I'd like to know whether there is any help coming for those of us who would like to add more detailed categorization of shots to our clubs for more valid feedback on performance. Also, the ability to add notes to individual shots would help for figuring out what caused it later.

3) Can we do something about numbering holes manually? You guys did a great job of fixing score card issues at one local course that had 3 9-hole tracts that you played in various combinations for 18 holes, but the numbers are static. So my front 9 was numbered 19-27 and my back 9 was numbered 1-9. It's a small nitpick, but it would be helpful to renumber or reorder the holes ourselves

4) Related to point 2, can we have the option to enter for ourselves whether the shot was in sand / out, rough / fairway, etc? A toggle like for greens or a drop-down menu seems natural.

I'm sure I'll have some more, but I don't want to bog you guys down with too many at once. Thanks again for talking with us!

Would it be possible to see this 'geofencing' information overlaid on the course map? You could get a lot of solid feedback from interested parties (often with intimate knowledge of how the course is set up and typically played) if the information was available for them to see.

Related to the above question, do you have a outside 'beta testing' group who test out new features? Any interest in starting one?

Crowdsourcing data tends to get a little messy.  For the moment we want to fully control the process to get the correct systems in place til realistic user scaling can occur.  For now you'll need to suggest to the support team ways to improve the course and they'll do their best to update appropriately.  If you'd like to become a beta tester for new features make sure to reference that in a support ticket and they will mark you down for future testing.

David Kelly

http://gamegolf.com

• Administrator

What causes something like this to happen?

Should support be emailed about this?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What causes something like this to happen? Should support be emailed about this?

I had this happen. Looks like a green mapping error, it was for me. GG wouldn't let me "use" anything but putter on the green. I tapped in with a wedge and it moved the tag marker off the green.

Dave :-)

First off, I've got to say that the gamegolf device is really cool and functions extremely well in my experience. The tap is easy, unobtrusive, and reliable. The post-game editing is a breeze. The graphical overlay of the round is really cool to look at. The one thing that drives me crazy, though, is that after my rounds I go to the "insight" screen and I'm completely underwhelmed. First the "problem", then the question. Under "club analysis" the only thing you put out there are the distances for each club. Its a cool graphic, and its pretty informative because I can distinguish the outliers and see where the clumps are. But that's it. You guys are tracking the location of every shot that I take and all I get are distances. Same with "off the tee" and "approaching the green." You guys have all the tools and data you need, but it seems like you focus on the cool graphics and presentation of select stats (and those are cool!), rather than giving the user the keys to the castle. Here are a couple of examples of the useful data users could get, that gamegolf already has , but doesn't let us see: [LIST] [*] [*] Putting - It would be nice to see make % by distance, average putts by starting distance from the whole, and I'm sure you can think of other helpful stats. There are a lot of requests for this on the support site, but most focus on the accurate locating of putts. That seems to my unqualified mind to be an exercise in futility given the technological abilities of GPS and the precision necessary to distinguish between a 3 footer and a 5 footer. But since we can all edit the rounds afterwards, its pretty easy to move the shots and pin to the correct locations. For those of us who do so, the data is already there , but its not available to us. [*] [*] Short game - The "approaching the green" section doesn't go below 50 yards. It would be more helpful to allow user defined distances. It would be helpful to know how close I get to the pin from various locations around the green, using various clubs. The necessary data is already there , but its not available to us. [*] [*] As another example, 75 yards is a distance I feel like I'm really good at with a 3/4 SW. To evaluate that perception, I would like to see my shots from 70-80 yards with my SW. Instead I can only choose all my shots from 50-75, or all my shots from 75-100. Again, the data is already there , but its not available to users. [/LIST] Does gamegolf have any intention, or even interest, in making its data available, and searchable, in a manner like this? My other suggestion involves a bit of extra work by users, but for those who chose to do the work, it would yield and huge amount of information: let players tag shots. There could be tags for the context of the shot (uphill, crosswind, bad lie, etc.), and the swing (3/4 shot, full shot, pitch, mishit, etc.). Then if we can also filter by those tags, we'd have an huge amount of information. For example, if we could tag and sort by tags, you wouldn't need to develop some complicated algorithm--one that users don't even understand--to tell me how far I hit my driver. I'd just filter out the uphill, into the wind, and mishits. Maybe filter out the shots that don't go 200 yards and those that went over 300 yards (yay cartpaths!). Heck the distance graphic, after filtering those out, would be really helpful. Then I can see my average under normal conditions and excluding mishits. I can see where those shots go by looking at your distance graphic--maybe i'll have a cluster around 260 and a cluster around 240. Those shots are there now, but they picture is muddied by the shots hit into the wind, uphill, etc. Some people won't want to spend the extra time editing, and that's fine--they just won't be able to filter the data by tags. Does gamegolf have any intention, or even interest, in adding tags for the shots?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

When will game golf be recognized by more OS like google etc. Bought at chrome book and had to send it back because my GG wouldn't work :)

Chrome Books are a web-based operating system, they don't allow for software to be installed.  If you don't have a computer to install software on, a good option would be to use the GAME GOLF mobile app to track your round as you play.  The app is available on iPhone and Android.

David Kelly

I had this happen. Looks like a green mapping error, it was for me. GG wouldn't let me "use" anything but putter on the green. I tapped in with a wedge and it moved the tag marker off the green.

Anything you see that does not look correct should be mailed to support through http://www.gamegolfsupport.com/

Support response times are typically answered in less than 24 hours.  Depending on how much traffic the SC gets many times you'll receive an answer in several hours.

David Kelly

I love my Game Golf. Hoping for better weather this week to use it. My only issue (minor one that is) is that I have a thicker belt and the unit does not want to stay clipped. After almost losing it a few times, I just put it in my pocket and pull it out to tag a shot until I buy a thinner belt.

- Shane

Chrome Books are a web-based operating system, they don't allow for software to be installed.  If you don't have a computer to install software on, a good option would be to use the GAME GOLF mobile app to track your round as you play.  The app is available on iPhone and Android.

There is no tagging with the app correct its just naual entry GPS ttackinf?

There is no tagging with the app correct its just naual entry GPS ttackinf?

Technically you would "tag" each shot by entering it manually in the app while you play.  You actually don't have to be at a course to see how it works, you could start a round from your office to check out the functionality.

David Kelly

Hi Guys, hope you are keeping well.

Just wanted to make you aware of a new feature (user inspired) that we silently launched over the weekend that now allows a user to share their 'Insights' stats and information with friends, instructors, coaches etc..

To use, just highlight & copy the URL that is generated. (CTRL + C) works for me and you can share it from there.

David Kelly

Hi Guys, hope you are keeping well.

Just wanted to make you aware of a new feature (user inspired) that we silently launched over the weekend that now allows a user to share their 'Insights' stats and information with friends, instructors, coaches etc..

To use, just highlight & copy the URL that is generated. (CTRL + C) works for me and you can share it from there.

How about a scale bar for dispersion.

Kevin

• Administrator

I encourage users to go here and add three votes for this: http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236337-power-users/suggestions/6476041-strokes-gained-shot-zones-and-shading-options

Then I encourage GAME Golf owners to go HERE and add three votes: http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/7730844-comment-on-each-shot-or-at-least-each-hole .

@GAME Golf , I have a question for you: when will the privacy issues be addressed? When will I be able to make my profile private unless accepted as a friend (or "follower" at least)? When can I choose who can follow me, and who cannot?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I encourage users to go here and add three votes for this: http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236337-power-users/suggestions/6476041-strokes-gained-shot-zones-and-shading-options

Then I encourage GAME Golf owners to go HERE and add three votes: http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/7730844-comment-on-each-shot-or-at-least-each-hole .

@GAME Golf, I have a question for you: when will the privacy issues be addressed? When will I be able to make my profile private unless accepted as a friend (or "follower" at least)? When can I choose who can follow me, and who cannot?

No specific date on the profile privacy concern.  It is definitely top of mind though.

David Kelly

@GAME Golf , thanks for coming by to discuss your product! I really appreciate the chance to ask you guys some questions I've had. 2) Is there anything coming or being considered with respect to being able to label and include / exclude individual shots on a more granular level? So, in terms of tagging an individual chip out as such and not have it show up in my club stats? With my 8 iron last week, for instance, I hit it out from under a tree where my hands were on the steel of the shaft. Yeah, I got it out about 110 yards, but that's not a shot that has any value to me stats-wise long term. I know your algorithm adjusts for things like this, but a 110 yard chip out doesn't help my stats while if I mishit my 8 iron on a full swing and it goes 110, I'd like to know that for my planning purposes. Same with drives that look short but may have been up hill or into stiff winds. Or manipulating a 9 iron by hitting it 3/4 strength. Or my 7 iron hit the cart path and went nuts distance-wise. Basically, I'd like to know whether there is any help coming for those of us who would like to add more detailed categorization of shots to our clubs for more valid feedback on performance. Also, the ability to add notes to individual shots would help for figuring out what caused it later. 4) Related to point 2, can we have the option to enter for ourselves whether the shot was in sand / out, rough / fairway, etc? A toggle like for greens or a drop-down menu seems natural.

These two would be what I want to see, @GAME Golf .

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

It would be great to hear from the group on how you use the GAME GOLF platform to analyze your game?  What steps have you taken to improve?  Do you use the stats, distances, etc with your coach?

Have you changed your practice routine, or course management relative to takeaways you've received from your data?  Our goal is to figure out what use-cases out there can help us deliver features to help players improve the fastest.  Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

David Kelly

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!