IGNORED

How Often Do You Replace… Your Putter?

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you replace your putter?

• <= 6 Months
    • 6-12 Months
    • 1-2 Years
    • 2-4 Years
    • 5+ Years
    • Never

I voted never.

Other putters rotate through the bag as experiments or just for fun, but the old Wilson Geo Low always comes back to starting position and has since 1980. I also have a PING Anser 2 that gets a round every now and then.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted 5+, I switched to a SC Fastback about 4 or 5 years ago and really don't see myself changing for many years to come. Over the last 20 years I've probably had 4 putters, a nickel Ping Anser, and a two other SC putters. But I think I've landed on "the one".

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I've only ever had one putter. I don't even know what it is. It has something that looks like the Merrill Lynch logo on the bottom of it.

I've got hand-me-down clubs for now. I guess I'll eventually get new everything, including a putter, once I feel like I am playing well enough to justify it.

At the bloody turn sometimes...

• Upvote 2

Driver: Power Pod  II

Fairways: Wilson Invex 3 & 5

Irons: Cleveland VAS: 3-PW

Wedge: Alien

Chipper: Bazooka HT Max Tour

Putter: Cobra Tricep

Ball: Any 18 Pack

Bag: Black and Silver one

Cooler: Igloo Glacier Deluxe (24 can capacity)

2-4 years but I hope I never have to again...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

A bit too often, but recently my hand has been forced by powers with too much control.

Started out with a basic Nike mallet, went to a Scotty Newport for about 3 years, 2.5 years with a Scotty broomstick and for a little over a year have been using an Odyssey Metal-X arm lock.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Got my fitted Edel a year or year and a half ago, and I don't foresee ever replacing it.

This ^^

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new putter for the first time in 11 years last year.  I would've put never, but I'll probably buy a new putter in another 10-20 years or so.  Who knows.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Because of how little wear and tear is on a putter, once I get one that I like there's no point in replacing it unless it gets broken/lost/stolen really.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Had a cheapo Dunlop I got when I first started playing in 1990. Replaced it last week because my game is getting a bit better from tee to green, but my putting has been atrocious and I just had absolutely no confidence in it. I went to Golfsmith every day for a week, trying various putters for an hour or so each time. I settled on the new Nike Method Matter.....seemed to be able to get the ball on line better with it more consistently than any other one I tried.

Maybe one day when I up my game a bit more I will get one of them fancy Edel's.....right now I gotta spend the extra golf funds on some clubs for both of my boys, who want to start playing now that dad is back to golf regularly.

I bought a TM Ghost putter in 2011 and have shortened it and replaced the grip last year. I really like the putter, only issue is it's white and is easily chipped/marked so I am tempted to buy a new one. If I buy a new one, I am going to get something that isn't painted so it doesn't look so bad after a couple of seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had my current putter for five years now and may end up replacing it at the end of the summer just because I've grown another six inches since I bought it. That means the 32" putter is now pretty short for me, and my use of a poor headcover has left the power with a couple nicks and a bit of rust, but that's why I bought it used. I like the putter, but not enough that I would reshaft it before getting a newer similar putter in better condition. If I decide to replace it at the end of the summer I'll probably buy a new Scotty Cameron or maybe an Edel putter if there's a fitting center near my location (I haven't looked into it in death yet).

Went through a proper fitting last year and I don't see me replacing my Kenny Giannini anytime soon. Equipment isn't everything but I've never had this much confidence in my flat stick on the greens.

5+ years for sure!

Matt Metzger - Newtown, PA

What's In My Bag

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 - Aldila Tour Rogue Silver - 69g - Stiff

3-Wood: TaylorMade R11s - ProForce V2, Stiff, 76g

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner - Stock shaft, Stiff

Irons: Callaway Apex 4-PW - True Temper XP-95, S300

Wedges: Cleveland Reg 588 Precision Forged, 52*, 56* & 60*

Putter: Kenny Giannini - G-4 No Neck, 34in

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!