IGNORED

So I'm sitting in my car with a buddy at 4am at Bethpage Black.

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be sure to update you guys as the day goes along. We're the 8th car in line.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got the second tee time of the day at 6:42 am!
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Awesome, I'm out here on the other coast but just happened to take a look and see the latest on the TST. Assuming sun starting to rise there can you post some photos?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Got the second tee time of the day at 6:42 am!

That's nice! Have fun! Agree with @flopster that some pictures would be nice to cheer us up in the office. Would love to play golf on such courses in the US some day.

Very cool. Hit em well!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG] [/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
  • Upvote 2

Kyle Paulhus

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Awesome!!  Course looks beautiful! (Also looks like you tried to post a few more pics on your phone that didn't come through)

Obvious question is ... how'd you play today?

Next question is ... you mentioned you were in line at 4am, but you didn't mention exactly what time you got in line.  How early did you guys get there to be 8th in line?

Ill repost the ones that didnt show up. My buddy is a 3 handicap and I'm an 8 at the moment. From the back tees at 7500 yards he shot 84 and I shot 88. Its quite a walk. Felt great until we got to about 14 when I started to notice my feet and hamstrings were getting sore. According to my garmin fit band we walked a total of 9.5 miles on the course. I had 3 doubles on the back 9 once the greens started to dry out and really get quick. Its kinda daunting on the back 9 when there are 4 Par 4's all over 470 yards. Two of them over 500 yards. I hit the driver great on 50% of the holes today. Had to really take my medicine and grab a 7 iron out of the fescue thick grass twice. Never knew how far it would fly, but by laying up I hit a pitch close both times and saved par.

I read enough reviews about getting on during the week and we decided to get a hotel close to the course. We left the hotel at 3:50am and was at the course by 4. There were 7 cars already lined up, but surprisingly only 1 had a 4some in it. The rest were singles and twosomes.....and oddly enough the foursome and me and my buddy were the only ones trying to play the black course that early. It was funny because one old guy in the thickest Long Island accent said "the hell I'm playing black, that's for all you tourists looking for punishment" lol.

A lot of reviews also said 'Dont try to be a tough guy and play the back tees" "Its too long of a course" Yeah, I think by playing the white tees I could have shot an 82 or better, but I could've gotten there had I made 3 of the putts that barely lipped out, or didnt hit a 6 iron into the water on the par 3 #8...I mean if your'e a decent single digit and can hit the ball 250+ off the tee, you can play the back tees. Its tough....but I wasn't expecting the local driver/wedge muni course. It lives up to the hype for sure. Great track.

I'm uploading my round into Game Golf and another handicap tracker I use so I will link those as well.

Kyle Paulhus

• Like 1

Kyle Paulhus

Kyle Paulhus

Kyle Paulhus

Nice round, thanks for the pics. What score keeping software do you use? I always have to keep score while I use game golf. I forget to tag putts all the time.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Kpaulhus/round/402899

Kyle Paulhus

Oh, also ... how was the pace?

Well we were the second group off, and we finished in 4 hours and 15 mins. I guess that was OK considering the reactions I got from people on the first tee when we came up. They clapped, actually. The group behind us started 8 mins after us but finished 30 mins after us, so Im assuming the later the day went the longer the rounds.

Nice round, thanks for the pics. What score keeping software do you use? I always have to keep score while I use game golf. I forget to tag putts all the time.

I use my game golf, and a good ole fashioned scorecard. I just make note of my +/- to par, X, R, or L for fairways, and # of putts.

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 2725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!