IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Please don't equate polls and rally attendees as representing a whole state. NH people are very nice. I've found that to be the case everywhere I've gone. FWIW, I've never gone to a political rally. I have no interest. I do all my research on candidates on line or by reading actual news and position statements.

I went to a political rally in 1972 - a Catholic Priest invited me, and no, he didn't ask for any 17 yr old goods on the side, to see a McGovern rally. I was an ardent Nixon fan, but it was fun. They even passed around a hat for money - imagine that now. No wonder McGovern was beaten so badly ... the anti-war candidate. He looks smart now.

Trump - he is a Seinfeld episode - lots of talking about nothing ... no substance but good topics ... it's just that the topics go sideways and then he ends up saying how disgusting someone else is... seriously?

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/11/2015 at 11:24 PM, rkim291968 said:

Conservative American public sees it.  It's the uneducated, angry, racist leaning whites who are supporting Trump.  Trump has nothing to do with conservatism.   He's all about his ego.  His supporters can't be too intelligent to keep falling for Trump's non stop lies.   Politicians lie but Trump is a class by himself.  

The Donald gets high marks as a consciousness-raiser and low marks for efficiently structuring his remarks. He's a low self-monitor who creates collateral damage for his campaign with his seemingly off-the-cuff pronouncements.

Among those who support Trump are TEA-party conservatives and blue-collar whites and people who live along the southern border and have bad experiences with the cartel-related violence. Lots of former middle-class people are upset because they're out of work and the US wants to spend money to resettle refugees, but not for local economic development. As far as his remarks on illegal immigration from Mexico, he has a fair amount of support (67% from one poll) among Hispanics who went through the legal path to citizenship, or who have relatives on the legal application pathway.

Two other factors complicate the situation even more:

1. Many Conservative/Republicans who oppose Trump's views helped derail immigration reform, often under the mantra of "let's secure the border first." Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Marco Rubio supported comprehensive immigration reform - Perry is now out of race, and Rubio has back away from earlier stances. These mesh with the goals with the George W.Bush presidency (2000-2008).

2. The Hispanic vote is a nebulous thing. You have different Latin root nationalities that have distinct cultures. The nations of Mexico, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Cuba, etc., all speak a variation of Spanish as their primary language. (Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory). But, to assume that Mexican-Americans and Cuban-Americans can be engaged with some generic Hispanic template is ridiculous.  That's like saying you can have a Euro-centric template for dealing with Germans and the French (these two Euro teams fought three wars between 1870 and 1945.)

From my personal encounters, a fair number of people who deride Trump can't really articulate specifically what The Donald said on a given issue. They just paraphrase sound-bites from some left-of-liberal MSNBC talking head. This is complicated by the fact it's hard work sometimes to decipher Trump's actual message.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

2 hours ago, WUTiger said:

From my personal encounters, a fair number of people who deride Trump can't really articulate specifically what The Donald said on a given issue. They just paraphrase sound-bites from some left-of-liberal MSNBC talking head. This is complicated by the fact it's hard work sometimes to decipher Trump's actual message.

That's b/c Trump hasn't articulated much on any issues other than give sound bites.   He also changed his sound bites after the fact to make it better.   E.g, he is for banning all Muslims to enter US until we figure out what is going on.   Then in subsequent interviews, he tried to sound more intelligent about it.   There are hundreds of these examples, and lies.   Lie, exaggerate first, and explain later seem to be his way of communicating to the mass.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

3 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

That's b/c Trump hasn't articulated much on any issues other than give sound bites.   He also changed his sound bites after the fact to make it better.   E.g, he is for banning all Muslims to enter US until we figure out what is going on.   Then in subsequent interviews, he tried to sound more intelligent about it.   There are hundreds of these examples, and lies.   Lie, exaggerate first, and explain later seem to be his way of communicating to the mass.  

It doesn't matter. People don't fact check anything. The news doesn't fact check anything. It's to the point where people just live with the fact that politicians lie and it's acceptable. So he's building a campaign on lies and it's working because the citizens of this country are desensitized to it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Please don't equate polls and rally attendees as representing a whole state. NH people are very nice. I've found that to be the case everywhere I've gone. FWIW, I've never gone to a political rally. I have no interest. I do all my research on candidates on line or by reading actual news and position statements.

Sure, that's always the case. When a state loses the popular vote it's usually close to 50%.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Here is another classic from Trump, 

During  a speech, he called out an infant who was crying, as well as the little one’s parents. “And did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?,” he said, according to Raw Story. “Not once. Did you notice that? That baby was driving me crazy. I didn’t get angry once because I didn’t want to insult the parents for not taking the kid out of the room!”

So now he congratulates himself for I don't know acting like an adult. 

Yes Mr. Trump we noticed. Yes Mr. Trump you are now acting like a 10 year old who didn't get enough attention from daddy. 

:doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

He sure acts like a 10 year old brat.   Here's the irony.  Many of Trump's supporters are parents themselves who, if their children acted like Trump, would have kicked the youngster's ass.   Well, they should.  

Trump's video is now being used for ISIS propaganda.   Trump does not care.

Trump is attacking Clinton now.   He thinks he got the Rep's nomination already.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator

@rkim291968, why do you care so much?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To be honest, I didn't care much when I started the thread.  I thought it was going to be amusing to poke fun at a nasty megalomaniac idiotic jerk who is making mockery of GOP presidential nomination process.   I didn't think Trump was serious either and deserved the thread.  Then, as Trump continued to spew out lies, insults, hatred, ...., I developed a strong disdain for the man who seems to be intent on making GOP & America ugly.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1 hour ago, rkim291968 said:

To be honest, I didn't care much when I started the thread.  I thought it was going to be amusing to poke fun at a nasty megalomaniac idiotic jerk who is making mockery of GOP presidential nomination process.   I didn't think Trump was serious either and deserved the thread.  Then, as Trump continued to spew out lies, insults, hatred, ...., I developed a strong disdain for the man who seems to be intent on making GOP & America ugly.  

I still like to poke fun at Donald Trump, but not sure he's really all that bad? He's from Queens***, and people from that area are very straightforward. They talk without really thinking too much which is more or less what I think he did when he made those stupidly racist statements. Not sure he actually thinks this way himself or not. When it comes time to sign a bill to shut the borders to Muslims and Mexicans, I'm not so sure he would do it. Many candidates want to differentiate themselves from the center to appeal to the fringe GOP, and he's one of them. You don't get to be broke to billionaire a few times without making good decisions some of the time?

Here's my only objection to the Trump White house. . .

5689dbbae6536_NewBitmapImage.png.c89b757

The gold columns are kind of tacky. :-D

***Can you guess where in this country I learned to speak English when I was 8 years old? In NYC, from people who lived in Queens (also Irish teachers) taught me. . .everything. . .including pronunciation. Took 20 years living in So. Cal. to get rid of the accent.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

14 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Not sure he actually thinks this way himself or not. When it comes time to sign a bill to shut the borders to Muslims and Mexicans, I'm not so sure he would do it.

That's the issue right. We are not sure. Do we want a president who isn't sure or who acts like a spoiled 10 year old. I sure don't want to vote for that. Why vote for a ticking timebomb. 

16 minutes ago, Lihu said:

You don't get to be broke to billionaire a few times without making good decisions some of the time?

He never went broke. If you file for bankruptcy you go through arbitration to figure  away to restructure the company and settle of debts. Only once has Trump ever lost a small portion of his own Net Worth in bankruptcy. Just because a company goes through bankruptcy doesn't mean the person owning it does.

Actually I think Trump does this because he knows the laws of the United States protects big business. It's primarily the reason why GM went through bankruptcy is so they could negotiate down what they owned the unions and pension plans. As Trump puts it, 

"I have used the laws of this country ... the [bankruptcy] chapter laws, to do a great job for my company, for myself, for my employees, for my family," he said during the first Republican presidential debate on August 6.

Don't give him credit from becoming a billionaire over and over again after each bankruptcy because it's just false. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

28 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I still like to poke fun at Donald Trump, but not sure he's really all that bad? He's from Queens***, and people from that area are very straightforward. They talk without really thinking too much which is more or less what I think he did when he made those stupidly racist statements. Not sure he actually thinks this way himself or not.

People give him way too much credit, and excuses for his behaviors.   The way you said above, it looks like you are excusing him for being a racist.  Please say it ain't so.  Being straightforward is a good quality.   When mixed with non-stop lies, being straightforward is plain wrong.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

That's the issue right. We are not sure. Do we want a president who isn't sure or who acts like a spoiled 10 year old. I sure don't want to vote for that. Why vote for a ticking timebomb.

He doesn't really appear to be a ticking time bomb. He's even had a TV program, he has a very wide open personality. I would trust that he acts the same in his personal life as he does in his outward life. He's like an open page.

Here's an example of something that could infuriate someone wanting to "take him down" in the political sense.

He just said "No, you're done. . .". Essentially just telling everyone that the reporter was just looking to criticize Donald and not ask a real question.

Basically, Donald is a really smart leader (of his company) who doesn't like playing "politics" the way the Telemundo reporter tried. He might play a different sort, but I'm guessing it would be a more straight forward way and not as backhanded.

BTW, I often listen to "Telemundo", and I am not endorsing Donald Trump.

17 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

People give him way too much credit, and excuses for his behaviors.   The way you said above, it looks like you are excusing him for being a racist.  Please say it ain't so.  Being straightforward is a good quality.   When mixed with non-stop lies, being straightforward is plain wrong.

He doesn't seem to be as irrational as everyone is making him out to be, and at the same time makes stupidly blunt statements which he can't really retract. He never tries to retract any statement he made. He's not even "moving any goal posts". Many people like his straightforward manner.

More than likely, Donald is not race sensitive. However, he's not irrational as the extreme left is making him out to be. He's a really smart person. Not someone to be trifled with in any manner.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

He doesn't seem to be as irrational as everyone is making him out to be, and at the same time makes stupidly blunt statements which he can't really retract. He never tries to retract any statement he made. He's not even "moving any goal posts". Many people like his straightforward manner.

More than likely, Donald is not race sensitive. However, he's not irrational as the extreme left is making him out to be. He's a really smart person. Not someone to be trifled with in any manner.

These are not blunt statements.   They are simply bad statements.  Paraphrasing Trump b/c I don't have time to quote his exact words, here are some of what he said.

• All Mexicans coming across the border are rapists.  <--- WTF.  (Later he said "some are ok.").  
  • Deport all 11 million illegal aliens.  Is that even possible?  Come on.
  • We will build a wall between Mexico and US and make Mexico pay for it. <--- Huh? 
  • Ban all Muslims coming into US until we figure out what is going on.   <--- stupid, not even plausible or constitutional
  • McCain is not a hero b/c he was captured <--- McCain has so much more integrity than Trump ever can dream of.
  • Kill wives of ISIS members.   <--- He doesn't know that's a war crime.
  • He made fun of handicapped reporter, denied he ever knew him (a proven lie) <--- PC has nothing to do with this stupidity.   He was acting like a 10 year old bully on this one.

And there are 100s & 1000s more where these came from.  

He is not a smart man nor a leader.   He used his father's money to be a billionaire.  Some say that counting inflation, he is worth the same amount that his father left him ($250M) in 1974.  A stupid, ruthless man can be successful using others, and stepping over everyone.  And some Republicans think he is qualified to be a POTUS.   Sorry, he is not even qualified to be a decent person.  What he needs is a psychotherapy.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

He doesn't come across as a decent person to someone who takes every word literally. Guessing he talks that way from working with contractors? Not sure how to react to his candidacy, yet.

However, he's no dummy, and any political campaign that depends upon him being one would be doomed to failure.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/donald-trump-cheating-golf-yes-says-samuel-l-jackson

I don't care what your political affiliation is, cheating at golf says a lot about you.

Samuel L. Jackson Says Donald Trump Cheats at Golf

by Extra Spin Staff

Donald Trump's campaign for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination has been marked by controversy at every turn, and his golf game is no different.

According to Samuel L. Jackson, Trump isn't the most trustworthy man on the fairways. The prolific actor and avid golfer tees it up with Trump from time to time, and when asked by United Airlines' Rhapsody magazine who was the better golfer, Jackson responded, "Oh, I am for sure. I don’t cheat."

This is hardly the first Trump has been accused of cheating on the golf course. In September, The Washington Post compiled a list of such allegations from several of his past playing partners.

Jackson didn't stop there. He also told Rhapsody that Trump made him a dues-paying member of one of his clubs without his knowledge.

"Last week or so, I actually got a bill from Trump National Golf Club," Jackson said. "And I haven't been there in four or five years, so I had my assistant call. They said it was for membership dues. And I said, 'I'm not a member,' and they said, 'Yeah, you are -- you have a member number.' Apparently he'd made me a member of one of his golf clubs, and I didn’t even know it! ... I'm not payin' that!"

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not just cheating, looks like fraud. 

Samuel L. Jackson tells quite the tale to United Airlines' Rhapsody magazine, involving the Donald and a bill he recently got in the mail.

"Last week or so, I actually got a bill from Trump National Golf Club," Jackson said. "And I haven't been there in four or five years, so I had my assistant call. They said it was for membership dues. And I said, 'I'm not a member,' and they said, 'Yeah, you are -- you have a member number.' Apparently he'd made me a member of one of his golf clubs, and I didn’t even know it!"

I hope SLJ sues him. Though Trump is one of the most sued persons, though his lawyer says it's just the natural part of doing business in the USA. I am sure his lawyer loves that Trump gets sued a lot so he can cut a check. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not just cheating, looks like fraud. 

I hope SLJ sues him. Though Trump is one of the most sued persons, though his lawyer says it's just the natural part of doing business in the USA. I am sure his lawyer loves that Trump gets sued a lot so he can cut a check. 

Same question as @rkim291968: Why do you care so much?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!