IGNORED

Golfer shoots 57 with 3 aces, 2 of which were on par-4's

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh come on. We are actually supposed to believe he aced 2 par 4's and a par 3 in the same round? Give me a break. Were they all in consecutive holes as well? The odds aren't even astronomical. They are above that. Whatever is above astronomical. That's what it is. Come on. Come on!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol I've played with this guy before. He's the real deal. I remember playing a two man best ball format outing, however he played by himself. This guy gave everyone 10 strokes and STILL won shooting a 64 with two bogeys...

Welcome to the site. :-) He sounds like the real deal given the conditions of the article. Your average PGA pro is about a +4 from what I understand, but they rarely ever play a 6000 yard course in a tournament.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf View Post

Oh come on. We are actually supposed to believe he aced 2 par 4's and a par 3 in the same round? Give me a break. Were they all in consecutive holes as well? The odds aren't even astronomical. They are above that. Whatever is above astronomical. That's what it is. Come on. Come on!

Looks like it was the 7th hole, 10th hole, and 14th hole.  I'm saying that the odds are just a hair, or perhaps a "tad," or even just a "smidge" short of infinite.

Here's something to think about that they mentioned recently on air during the PGA Tour broadcast either last week or this week:  There was been one ... ONE ... ace on a par 4 on the PGA Tour EVER.  The guys that hit it the furthest and best in the world, and routinely play courses with drivable par 4's, and yet in the tour's history, it's happened ONE SINGLE TIME.

And to top it off, it took an incredible piece of luck for it to happen...

Quote:
Magee's ball ran through Byrum's legs and struck Byrum's putter. The ball ricocheted off Byrum's putter, caromed about eight feet, and dropped right into the cup. Hole in one. Ace. And still the only par-4 ace on the PGA Tour, and surely one of the more unusual aces of any kind in tour history.

So this guy does on consecutive holes what only one guy has ever done on tour, and he throws in a "ho-hum" standard hole-in-one a few holes later just for good measure?  Hmmmm.  Not saying he's lying, but the mercury in my "there's no effing way that's even possible" meter is busting out the top.

I'd be more apt to believe that somebody in the group in front of him was playing a practical joke or something.

Also agree with @inthehole and @SavvySwede and the skepticism regarding his vagueness towards his "numerous" rounds of 59.  The sounds equally fishy.

That is insane and "multiple rounds of 59" is pretty well...

Why isn't this guy on tour?

Imagine if he put in 10000 hours!

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

[QUOTE name="layup" url="/t/82900/golfer-shoots-57-with-3-aces-2-of-which-were-on-par-4s#post_1161787"]   That is insane and "multiple rounds of 59" is pretty well... Why isn't this guy on tour? [/QUOTE] Imagine if he put in 10000 hours!

Yeah, but he'd be 75 by the time he was ready. ;-) He sounds like he's having fun, I'm sure there was some scrutiny from at least two parties potentially 3. If he made the ace on the 330 yard par 4 at least two groups would know about it with the second one being on the green and potentially a third one watching it fly over their heads. Of course the drivable ones there might not be anyone on the fairway. . . His chances are as good as winnig half a billion dollars on the lottery or something like that. Somebody won that one. EDIT: we should remember he is essentially PGA skill level playing on a 6021 yard course. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Crazy things gap[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/82900/golfer-shoots-57-with-3-aces-2-of-which-were-on-par-4s#post_1161819"]I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on everything and I have absolutely ZERO basis with which to say this is untrue so I'll just say that, for me, this is something that I would HAVE TO see to believe, and I didn't see it .... So I'll leave it at that. I'd like to know how many people in the entire world, Tour Pros INCLUDED even have a 278 and 310 yard hole out to their credit ... IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFETIMES. Let alone in the same round ... and not to mention alongside another hole in one with a 5 iron. EDIT: He also has the fact that it was in a tournament going for him as well. There should have been some oversight at least.[/quote] Crazy things happen man. I was playing a buddy in a skins match that was tied up and we were finishing up on the 4th hole, a 270 yd par 3 which he holed out to beat me. I came back the next week and hit the same shot (different pin) to ace it myself. Then the next week, another friend of mine aced the 320 yd 7th hole, a par 4. 3 course records were set in the same month so there was a little skepticism in this case as well.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Crazy things gap Crazy things happen man. I was playing a buddy in a skins match that was tied up and we were finishing up on the 4th hole, a 270 yd par 3 which he holed out to beat me. I came back the next week and hit the same shot (different pin) to ace it myself. Then the next week, another friend of mine aced the 320 yd 7th hole, a par 4. 3 course records were set in the same month so there was a little skepticism in this case as well.

And what this guy did was the equivalent of one of you doing all of those things in a matter of 2 hours.

And what this guy did was the equivalent of one of you doing all of those things in a matter of 2 hours.

True but a witness is a witness. I would almost find it harder to believe that an established golfer would even try to make this stuff up haha

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

True but a witness is a witness. I would almost find it harder to believe that an established golfer would even try to make this stuff up haha

Agree 100% on both points.

I too find this difficult to believe but I've met the guy and he doesn't seem the type make something up like this. Like someone said earlier, it would be really strange to make up a story as far-fetched as this. Then again who knows...

If you play the same short course and have a very good distance and accuracy, know the greens like the back of you hand, I could see the 59's a possibility. However, placing the ball perfectly to score a hole in one is rather unlikely let alone multiple times in a round. Maybe he has his owe Mr. Smithers that runs ahead and puts the ball close...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I want to believe this guy (and his partners) is/are honest. Seems likely that the foursome in front is having a chuckle, at least on the par 4s, if the greens are just out of sight from the tee.

I know all the circumstances, but I just can't get myself to believe this story.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I don't know why you all find it so hard to believe.  I have done this numerous times in my dreams! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I know all the circumstances, but I just can't get myself to believe this story.

How are there not other witnesses?  Check out this course:  http://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/laurelhillgcva/aerial.htm#

There are no trees (I take that back, on google maps there are trees - still pretty open though) and the greens and tees are close together.  The group in front and/or behind should also be able to verify some of this, not just his 2 sons and his military buddy.

How are there not other witnesses?  Check out this course:  http://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/laurelhillgcva/aerial.htm#

There are no trees and the greens and tees are close together.  The group in front and/or behind should also be able to verify some of this, not just his 2 sons and his military buddy.

I agree, there are just too many reasons why this doesn't seem legit.

Joe Paradiso

I read it and I still don't believe it.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Even for a pro or semi-pro golfer, this just smells like so much BS it's hard to believe.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!