IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And a three putt bogey on the par 5. +3 through 5 for Tiger.

I can't say I'm that surprised.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not gonna sugarcoat it....Tiger looks absolutely dreadful. Tom Watson and David Duval are kicking his ass, that's how bad it is.

He's kind of bad at golf, isn't he?

Riley

Spieth is shredding this course apart right now.

100% fairways and GIR through 6.

Meanwhile, Tiger might have to book an early flight back home if he keeps it up. Only 13/75 players over par right now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

And Tiger +4 already; I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even going to finish his round.

~Jorrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

Not a single prediction in the contest for Bubba. By my spreadsheet of the choices, 85 different golfers were picked. Not one person picked him!

The statistics did.

Quote:
Bubba Watson came out as the clear favorite in the stats formula. A surprise, you say, with scrambling in the equation? Not at all. Watson has drastically improved his short game. In fact, his scrambling mark (65.45 percent, fifth) this season is the highest of his career on TOUR. He's only ranked inside the top 100 in the category twice since 2006 .

http://www.pgatour.com/statsreport/2015/07/14/stats-formulas-predict-the-open-champion.html

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I haven't seen Tiger play this poorly since what ... February?

His head and his demeanor are terrible... just a shadow today of his former self ... or it's more noticeable today... and sad.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ooof, feel bad for Lingmerth. 29 out, 40 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

Not a single prediction in the contest for Bubba. By my spreadsheet of the choices, 85 different golfers were picked. Not one person picked him!

The statistics did.

Quote:
Bubba Watson came out as the clear favorite in the stats formula. A surprise, you say, with scrambling in the equation? Not at all. Watson has drastically improved his short game. In fact, his scrambling mark (65.45 percent, fifth) this season is the highest of his career on TOUR. He's only ranked inside the top 100 in the category twice since 2006 .

http://www.pgatour.com/statsreport/2015/07/14/stats-formulas-predict-the-open-champion.html

I think one of us picked Bubba as a 3rd pick. Lol. What a great use of a third pick- he's -3 through 12 on day 1.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Tiger is just a regular PGA Tour player at this point, and not even a decent one: he'll have good weeks and bad. This is one of the bad. The "good" are few and far between.

It's been less than a year since starting work but time was and is of the essence. So…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's been less than a year since starting work but time was and is of the essence. So…

In essence, he needs more (play)time to incorporate a few things? Lif is hard for a golf pro enduring a swing change

Lowry good recovery: from +2 after four holes to -3 after 14.

Lol, and now a quadruple bogey on the difficult 17. Strange round, expected more of him.

~Jorrit

Just started tuning it. Well didn't expect Tiger to suck this much. Chunk chip shot was the first one I saw. Spieth and DJ look great as expected. Sucks for Lingmerth and Lowry. Seems like close to ideal conditions so far? Course is very gettable right now?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Just started tuning it. Well didn't expect Tiger to suck this much. Chunk chip shot was the first one I saw. Spieth and DJ look great as expected. Sucks for Lingmerth and Lowry. Seems like close to ideal conditions so far? Course is very gettable right now?

Front 9 is scoring ... Back 9, not so much.

Spieth is leaking a bit ... but he has those stretches.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Front 9 is scoring ... Back 9, not so much.

Spieth is leaking a bit ... but he has those stretches.

Greens look like they are rolling very true. DJ putting nicely.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Tiger's hit 41% GIR. 91% fairways, but that's with quite a few irons off the tee.

Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!