IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My head is starting to hurt on how bunched up this is. Crazy stuff. All kinds of players, too....major champions, amateurs, elite players, no names....incredible.

And DJ is not doing jack right now.

Riley

This is getting very bunched by some very big names. DJ gotta capitalize on the par 5 5th.

Of the players on the course now (30 or 40), only one is over par (Paul Casey +3).

DJ is only one of about 5 who is even par.  He's letting the field catch him thus far. I'd love to see him catch fire though.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yo! Sick putt Padraig.

Wow. This is suddenly pretty exciting. I wasn't enjoying much this morning, but this is pretty cool right now. 14 players at -9 or -10.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I didn't want to see any one player break away from the field today, but this leaderboard is ridiculous! 21 players within two of the lead! The third round of a major is Moving Day, but this is rush hour traffic jam.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

DJ off to a poor start

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Kudos to ESPN for keeping up with the action the last hour or so. I think they've gotten tons of golf in, and portrayed what's going on pretty well as it got hectic.

My Swing

Kudos to ESPN for keeping up with the action the last hour or so. I think they've gotten tons of golf in, and portrayed what's going on pretty well as it got hectic.

Agreed.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Irish amateur Paul Dunne takes the outright lead!

Quite a scorecard thus far. He still looks like a young Spieth from a distance or the back. A YOUNG Spieth- makes me laugh.

My Swing

DJ doesn't have it in him today. One cannot expect to win this if you can't attack the easy front nine on an easy scoring day.

I thought someone obscure night be near the top of the leaderboard, but not an amateur leading The Open during the weekend. Would love to be a witness to a modern day Ouimet.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Dunne stands over the ball quite long before making the shot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

DJ truly is an enigma. The only other player that is an enigma for me is Tiger. Neither make any sense to me.

Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!